Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the mount & winch were the original $2500 price I’d do it but Im not spending $3500 and giving up the ACC from the lux package. Ford offers warn winches in the front bumpers of other vehicles that have ACC, why didnt they take this into account on the bronco?
It's strange, isn't it? Especially since it's been crash-tested.

Maybe the sensor locations weren't finalized when it was designed?
Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For that price you could buy a beater mud rig on swampers to pull you out :ROFLMAO:. But I guess for people that cant cut, bend, and weld metal or paint or wire up a 3 way switch its not too bad a deal. Materials and tools would cost half that. Plus a crash course in fab work. It adds up. Anyway I plan on building my own in a empty lot somewhere between Granger Ford, a Harbor Freight and a local Iowa metal scraper. I will but a cheap stick welder, a drill with some bits, a grinder, and a Badlands Apex winch. It will be very Roadkill and hella fun.
I bet the pictures will be more interesting than the shiny rigs on dubs.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's an LoD winch plate specifically for their Jeep bumpers.
The picture is just a placeholder for the time being I do believe. It says coming soon. I do love the names they have for their stuff though. “LoD” ❤
Ford Bronco Ford Accessory Winch Kit now available for 2021 Bronco 1631200914294

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The picture is just a placeholder for the time being I do believe. It says coming soon. I do love the names they have for their stuff though. “LoD” ❤
Ford Bronco Ford Accessory Winch Kit now available for 2021 Bronco 1631200914294
It’s a placeholder because BB has no idea if/when anything is being designed or manufactured

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Am I reading the install wrong or is it beyond the realm of possibility to simply remove the winch assembly from the recovery forging mounting brackets for daily use if you have the Lux pkg and want the adaptive cruise control for daily use? That is once the initial install is completed.

You could reinstall the winch when you head off to off road. If you install a simply power quick disconnect it only looks like four bolts. Yes you will have those mounting brackets sticking out but that wouldn't interfere with the camera or the adaptive cruise control.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And for those of us required to have a front plate, the plate blocks the camera even more. Even if it would have a flip up plate when using the winch, front camera would be useless. Only option I guess is to remove the front plate when wheeling?
You could get a fairlead-mounted license plate bracket

Ricks73eb

First Edition
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 bronco, 77f100, 90 mustang, 05 f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I agree. DO WE KNOW WHY?
I have been waiting for this to come out and have it as my #1 MOD. Now they are saying it is not compatible on my Black Diamond Order. Need a reason here....a front facing sensor? The Modular Bumper and mounting points are certainly the same. ???????????????????
Same here!

BigDeal

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They don't mention the camera that is part of the high package. Maybe the extra $ includes camera and/or winch controller relocate?
This is exactly what i was wondering about. If you have the LUX package you can not put a winch on your vehicle. I would hope that the Ford engineers address this for the 2022 models.

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Uh, at release the winch option was originally $2500. Crazy, I thought that was too much then.
Ford has to make up for all the money they lost on the hardtops . 🤣🤣 it’s 3,500 now plus they f up the bumper now for the rest of us so we can pay more for that. Funny thing now is I’ll buy it all after market and then Ford won’t get anything 😊 Way to go Ford .
Sponsored