Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So if we add the Modular Bumper to a Black Diamond MY22 Build....why then would the FORD Performance Winch and mount not work? Are we missing something?
It shouldn't. But that is what I'm getting at that the minimum requirement - Modular Bumper and No Lux package - is somehow restricted for the Base and Black Diamond trims. The Base and Black Diamond trims have never and will never be able to option the Lux package. So that leaves the only requirement being the modular bumper.

The Riptide Concept press release indicates that the modular bumper will be available (optioned or standard) on all trims. The question is when that copy was produced. All the video and photo shoots occurred back in January so it is reasonable that the press copy was also produced at that time. Ford just sat on the concept and released it this past August. It was no coincidence that the news about the MIC tops/dirt mountain were occupying the press stream. Then Ford says, "Look at this shiny concept" to distract from the negative news. It worked for 48 hours (maybe).

Now, the Winch Kit press release states the restricted trims/options with the implication it is contingent on the ability to option the required modular bumper. When was the press copy produced for the Winch Kit? There is obviously conflicting information.

If I was a Black Diamond or Base buyer, I would brace myself for the big surprise that a decision was made to eliminate the modular bumper as an option since the time the Riptide Concept press copy was produced and the press copy of the Winch Kit.
Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor, 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, $3500. Thatā€™s not even a Zeon Platinum winch?

IMO, thatā€™s a crap design. Of course itā€˜s required because the modular bumperā€™s design is so poorly thought out. Jeepā€™s steel bumper lets you hide most of the winch behind the bumper. You just need a relatively simple mount plate to get the job done.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is from a email sent out to dealers, Showing the standard lights being the reason why you cannot mount to a Base or Black Diamond even if it has the Mod Bumper. I have no idea why you need the signature lights for the winch mount. Going to see if my dealers parts dept can find out why. It is pricey but I was hoping it would mount to my Black Diamond.

B736BD81-9FAA-4F89-AED4-FDF596968E98.jpeg

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds like a job for Mike Levine to uncover!! šŸ¤£ Iā€™m sorry, I tried saying it with a straight face. I really did.

Sponsored

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And if this new Capable bumper isnā€™t ā€œcapable ā€œ of mounting a winch plate to it, what the hell is it actually capable of? Sounds to me like the engineers and bean counters arenā€™t communicating again, and we know what happened when they did that with the mic tops.

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL - I can buy a bumper that I like and a winch that I like and still not hit $3500 for the package. All that and probably get a bumper and winch configuration that will work with the camera and the adaptive cruise control.

I'll just keep being patient.

This is the case of something got engineered in the past. It wasn't great, but it was okay. Then something got engineered to fit the thing that got engineered in the past rather than going back to the drawing board and admitting mistakes were made and learned from.

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And if this new Capable bumper isnā€™t ā€œcapable ā€œ of mounting a winch plate to it, what the hell is it actually capable of? Sounds to me like the engineers and bean counters arenā€™t communicating again, and we know what happened when they did that with the mic tops.
It's capable of being a bumper. No more, no less, thus is capable.

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

price is a bit outlandish, but since it won't work with LUX I don't have to worry about it.
I'm hoping someone will come out with an idea that works with LUX and doesn't block the front camera, otherwise I'll just not have a winch or maybe go hitch mounted.

I won't be on any trails that require a winch for a long time, hopefully the aftermarket will come up with something.
Will we got one aftermarket that works with lux so far.
6ace485f-16d2-4602-b0ba-e08d23f18dc0-jpeg-jpg.jpg

Hope more will come. šŸ™ƒ

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually it has. The winch set up on B&P was a steel cable model on a cheap mount. The new one is the Performance Mount with logo and a synthetic cable.
BroncoWINCHbp.jpg
BroncoWINCHmount.jpg
The B&P was always a little screwy with the winch, but that's the same mount and winch they've been showing in public since the beginning (before the B&P existed).

Sponsored

Vantcrst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Ford F-150, Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter Van,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was just a couple of years ago but I had this set up INSTALLED for less then than $3500 and includes a front hitch receiver AND Warn Zeon 12s winch. Of course there is no room to do this on the Bronco but just providing some context for how outrageous $3,500 is.

Ford Bronco Ford Accessory Winch Kit now available for 2021 Bronco 169C8748-05EC-41B5-B89A-E21EB4E294A3

graavy1999

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A51 4door badsquatch high
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The balls of charging 3500 and not figuring out the camera, hopefully it will be sorted for 22

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Superduty 7.3 PSD, 2017 Ford Escape.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder what's unique about the winch? More than just the Epic clevis hook?

I really want this so I hope they get It working with Lux.
Doesnā€™t work with lux, Iā€™m in the same boat.

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Superduty 7.3 PSD, 2017 Ford Escape.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands