First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Armada, Dodge Ram 2500 4x4, Soon Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are other aftermarket Bumpers/winch mounts a lot cheaper than this. I already have the Modular HD Bumper and they want another $3500 and it still doesn't correct the major screw-up of blocking the front camera and the ACC Radar. Ford doesn't deserve one penny more for screwing up so badly.
Sponsored

TakeNoGuff

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've done that for over thirty years brother. I've never needed a spotter or camera. I wheel in Moab twice a year, Born in Durango and grew up around Ouray and Silverton. That's literally my back yard Lol. C'mon dude lots of people have been wheeling for years without this crap. LMFAO..:sneaky:
Wow! You're such a badass wheeler the only thing you need is a Fred Flintstone special; so why are you buying a Badlands with all of that "CRAP?" I'm buying a Badlands for all of the gadgits, I like them. I'm a pilot and I didn't need all of the gadgits I installed in my plane that I built and flew, but I liked them.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow! You're such a badass wheeler the only thing you need is a Fred Flintstone special; so why are you buying a Badlands with all of that "CRAP?" I'm buying a Badlands for all of the gadgits, I like them. I'm a pilot and I didn't need all of the gadgits I installed in my plane that I built and flew, but I liked them.
Hi there TakeNoGuff. Thanks for asking, I'll take the high road here and not make it personal as some choose.
I will be buying the badlands because of it's rock crawling ability and for the reason of not having to throw extra cash at it after the purchase for tires/wheels/ lift/ gears etc.
The way I see it, so many gadgets are added to remove the human element and to be more hands free or to have a machine make a decision for you. I guess in a way someone may think they are making a motorcycle better by adding two more wheels, a full body and doors. I believe there are still very many people that still want to be a direct part of their adventure. The way this is going it seems that soon most drivers can sit in the back seat with their kids playing video games and let the Bronco be self guided by GPS over the trails.
Trust me,.. I'm not saying it's bad. I just wish I didn't HAVE TO take the camera and ACC gadgets with the rest of the unit (LUX)as I will make them unuseable with the installation of rock bumpers and a winch. Who knows, maybe someone will find a way to blend it all together successfully.

I ride motorcycles a lot as well across country and it may seem odd to a lot of people but I do not use GPS or cruise control. Some cannot live without it but I feel the adventure is much more rich while guiding my own path. I can imagine some sailors often like to use star charts even tho they have GPS. Get away and unplug I guess is the way its often stated.
You do you my friend. I'm sure your airplane has auto pilot, maybe you nap as the trip passes, maybe your Bronco can do the same someday.
I'll do me and go bare bones (Barefooted) Flintstoning into my adventures and be a part of my adventures. I appreciate your thoughts and view points.
Adventure on.

Shinoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The way I see it, so many gadgets are added to remove the human element and to be more hands free or to have a machine make a decision for you.
You do you my friend. I'm sure your airplane has auto pilot, maybe you nap as the trip passes, maybe your Bronco can do the same someday.
I've made similar comments (with a bit less snark) and comparison of ACC to autopilot in the past. What a lot of non-pilots and less experienced pilots don't get about autopilot is that it isn't about taking control of the airplane or anything away from you, it's about reduction of fatigue and workload. I've met pilots who fly and act smug about not using autopilot, but they are typically inexperienced and VFR only pilots that lack the experience to understand why autopilot is so critical if you are actually flying somewhere.

To be clear, I'm not accusing you of the latter, just pointing out that attitude exists in the pilot community as well. What these types are missing is that autopilot is about fatigue reduction and workload management. If you try flying in instrument conditions, it is a high workload, being able to take your hands off the yoke to load approaches, deal with atc, etc reduces your workload and increases safety by keeping the wings level. It doesn't mean you aren't just as attentive and it doesn't mean you let it do the work for you, that's where people get in trouble, but it does make you ultimately safer by allowing you to manage your workload more effectively. On long cross country flights, it reduces fatigue by allowing you to again focus on other tasks rather than managing changing winds blowing you off course, etc. It's very easy in some airplanes to get faster than you should or in an unusual attitude simply due to a weight imbalance, autopilot helps reduce the likelihood of that, as well. In the mid 60s Mooney added a wing leveler to their aircraft and the result was a dramatic decrease in the number of accidents related to flying in instrument condition compared to other aircraft types.

ACC is the same way. On long road trips, it is a dramatic decrease in fatigue not having to constantly adjust your speed when people pull in front of you or are driving slower. It also improves safety by having a second set of eyes to prevent collisions or warn you of a collision. The lane assist, if it worked (it doesn't), would further increase safety by ensuring that you stay within your lane if you start driving out (e.g. due to wind or something else). These features reduce workload and improve safety, but they are not intended for and will not remove the requirement that the driver pay attention and use them to that purpose. You do you, but machines react faster than humans do and these features improve safety and reduce fatigue, there is no real downside to it outside of currently available winch/bumper options (that problem is mostly solved though).

TakeNoGuff

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi there TakeNoGuff. Thanks for asking, I'll take the high road here and not make it personal as some choose.
I will be buying the badlands because of it's rock crawling ability and for the reason of not having to throw extra cash at it after the purchase for tires/wheels/ lift/ gears etc.
The way I see it, so many gadgets are added to remove the human element and to be more hands free or to have a machine make a decision for you. I guess in a way someone may think they are making a motorcycle better by adding two more wheels, a full body and doors. I believe there are still very many people that still want to be a direct part of their adventure. The way this is going it seems that soon most drivers can sit in the back seat with their kids playing video games and let the Bronco be self guided by GPS over the trails.
Trust me,.. I'm not saying it's bad. I just wish I didn't HAVE TO take the camera and ACC gadgets with the rest of the unit (LUX)as I will make them unuseable with the installation of rock bumpers and a winch. Who knows, maybe someone will find a way to blend it all together successfully.

I ride motorcycles a lot as well across country and it may seem odd to a lot of people but I do not use GPS or cruise control. Some cannot live without it but I feel the adventure is much more rich while guiding my own path. I can imagine some sailors often like to use star charts even tho they have GPS. Get away and unplug I guess is the way its often stated.
I'll do me and go bare bones (Barefooted) Flintstoning into my adventures and be a part of my adventures. I appreciate your thoughts and view points.
Adventure on.
Broncotrax or Jeff, I was probably a little hard about calling you on your abilities and your desire to go off-road without gadgets. Maybe your comments were tongue in cheek, but to me, you came off as an elitist off-road purist, which is fine with me. You sound proud of your skills, but you also sounded like if others didn’t off-road the way you like it, they were incapable idiots. That’s where I stepped in. You are not the first person who sounds like you believe people who buy the new Bronco don’t know how to off-road so they get the very capable Bronco to make them look good at what they are doing. In that case, you are making it personal. When you say I probably have autopilot and may nap while flying is making it personal. Napping while flying is probably the most irresponsible thing a pilot can do. You have no idea what it is to be a pilot.

When I built my Airplane I could have installed the required servos to use autopilot but that’s not the kind of flying I did. My airplane was made for off-field, short-field landings. I would be far away from airports and wouldn't be able to get assistance to land down through the fog in an emergency. Early in my training, I had to declare an emergency because fog formed at the ground level, and before I knew it formed beyond my ability to fly away to an airport that wasn’t fogged in. I had to land at an Air Force Base with assistance to get to the ground safely. When I built my Airplane One of my “gadgets” gave me the ability to artificially see the ground terrain so that gadget could save my life. Although it would be irresponsible to put myself in that position. You have no idea why people are purchasing the new very capable Bronco. Please, to each his own.

Sponsored

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've made similar comments (with a bit less snark) and comparison of ACC to autopilot in the past. What a lot of non-pilots and less experienced pilots don't get about autopilot is that it isn't about taking control of the airplane or anything away from you, it's about reduction of fatigue and workload. I've met pilots who fly and act smug about not using autopilot, but they are typically inexperienced and VFR only pilots that lack the experience to understand why autopilot is so critical if you are actually flying somewhere.

To be clear, I'm not accusing you of the latter, just pointing out that attitude exists in the pilot community as well. What these types are missing is that autopilot is about fatigue reduction and workload management. If you try flying in instrument conditions, it is a high workload, being able to take your hands off the yoke to load approaches, deal with atc, etc reduces your workload and increases safety by keeping the wings level. It doesn't mean you aren't just as attentive and it doesn't mean you let it do the work for you, that's where people get in trouble, but it does make you ultimately safer by allowing you to manage your workload more effectively. On long cross country flights, it reduces fatigue by allowing you to again focus on other tasks rather than managing changing winds blowing you off course, etc. It's very easy in some airplanes to get faster than you should or in an unusual attitude simply due to a weight imbalance, autopilot helps reduce the likelihood of that, as well. In the mid 60s Mooney added a wing leveler to their aircraft and the result was a dramatic decrease in the number of accidents related to flying in instrument condition compared to other aircraft types.

ACC is the same way. On long road trips, it is a dramatic decrease in fatigue not having to constantly adjust your speed when people pull in front of you or are driving slower. It also improves safety by having a second set of eyes to prevent collisions or warn you of a collision. The lane assist, if it worked (it doesn't), would further increase safety by ensuring that you stay within your lane if you start driving out (e.g. due to wind or something else). These features reduce workload and improve safety, but they are not intended for and will not remove the requirement that the driver pay attention and use them to that purpose. You do you, but machines react faster than humans do and these features improve safety and reduce fatigue, there is no real downside to it outside of currently available winch/bumper options (that problem is mostly solved though).
Sorry sir, I believe you missed my point. Enjoy you hobbies brother.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Broncotrax or Jeff, I was probably a little hard about calling you on your abilities and your desire to go off-road without gadgets. Maybe your comments were tongue in cheek, but to me, you came off as an elitist off-road purist, which is fine with me. You sound proud of your skills, but you also sounded like if others didn’t off-road the way you like it, they were incapable idiots. That’s where I stepped in. You are not the first person who sounds like you believe people who buy the new Bronco don’t know how to off-road so they get the very capable Bronco to make them look good at what they are doing. In that case, you are making it personal. When you say I probably have autopilot and may nap while flying is making it personal. Napping while flying is probably the most irresponsible thing a pilot can do. You have no idea what it is to be a pilot.

When I built my Airplane I could have installed the required servos to use autopilot but that’s not the kind of flying I did. My airplane was made for off-field, short-field landings. I would be far away from airports and wouldn't be able to get assistance to land down through the fog in an emergency. Early in my training, I had to declare an emergency because fog formed at the ground level, and before I knew it formed beyond my ability to fly away to an airport that wasn’t fogged in. I had to land at an Air Force Base with assistance to get to the ground safely. When I built my Airplane One of my “gadgets” gave me the ability to artificially see the ground terrain so that gadget could save my life. Although it would be irresponsible to put myself in that position. You have no idea why people are purchasing the new very capable Bronco. Please, to each his own.
I believe you have missed the point and taken on another topic. Enjoy your airplane and your Bronco. Sorry if I have offended you. Enjoy your adventures. :)

TakeNoGuff

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I could not have said what you said even close to how well you said it. Thank you.

Wmneill

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol 😆 I guess so
I had talked to a guy at my dealer who I’ve know for quite a few years now says they are working on a kit that will relocate it to work with it.
Lol 😆 I guess so
I was talking to a guy at my dealer I’ve known for quite a few years that they are working on a relocation kit to correct this. I’m still getting it I like the set up, I’m not too crazy about other solutions that hide it behind the skid plate. I mean it looks clean but this reminds me of the original ones and how they looked. My grandfather had a copper 77 with the old warn winch setup. Lots of memories going down to the shore in that. 😊

Sponsored

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why couldn't you just relocate the camera like some of the aftermarket bumper guys are doing?

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Does ford sell the mounting bracket by itself? I’d like to install my own winch in lieu of buying this overpriced one.

badclam

Raptor
First Name
Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor,22 Raptor 37pp,23 F350 CCLB 6.7PS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I've done that for over thirty years brother. I've never needed a spotter or camera. I wheel in Moab twice a year, Born in Durango and grew up around Ouray and Silverton. That's literally my back yard Lol. C'mon dude lots of people have been wheeling for years without this crap. LMFAO..:sneaky:
I live in Western WA. but my second favorite place on Earth is Moab, followed by Ouray. Really! The paved pass between Ouray and Silverton, in the snow, would make half the Bronco owners cry. I was amazed to stop at the memorial for all the dead snow plow drivers at the top of the pass. Red Mt. Pass I think? I haven't been back there for over 10 years, and your post took me back. Moab had more 4x4s per capita then any place I've ever been. Is it still that way? I need to go there again. Just before summer seems best. Anybody that's been wheeling in your neighborhood for 30+ years knows what they're talking about when it comes to off roading. I'm so wanting to go back now. If I didn't live here, I'd live there.

badclam

Raptor
First Name
Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor,22 Raptor 37pp,23 F350 CCLB 6.7PS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor