Sponsored

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My margarita blender is more powerful that that Penstar POS...and more reliable.
To be fair, I believe the engine is actually pretty reliable. It's won some top 10 engine awards. The problem is it feels a little (or a lot depending who you are) under powered, that's all. Don't let your bias run too strong.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

To be fair, I believe the engine is actually pretty reliable. It's won some top 10 engine awards. The problem is it feels a little (or a lot depending who you are) under powered, that's all. Don't let your bias run too strong.
I know, I was joking more than anything, my wife has one in her Jeep GC. Stomping on that is a bit different than my truck. And I've been a Chrysler basher for almost 20 years, I hate their stuff.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Granger might only have a medium amount now, but come December, they are going to have a LOT of orders originating from their dealership.
One thing to consider is with a large number of orders is it's going to take them a while to fulfill them. Ford isn't going to send 500 to one dealer. Some of those customers may be getting theirs this time next year.

Sponsored

PulltheLeverBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150 Platinum 2014 Flex Limited w/Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Use the x plan. It has to be within 1% of mart I hear.
Pardon my complete ignorance on this! But, how exactly does one do this? How can a regular old Kronk like me take advantage of the X Plan pricing?

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ultimate6g

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT8 Challenger, Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
They probably didn't want to say how many because the site crashing probably cost someone their jobs.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

rotten_sponns

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Mustang Cobra, 2011 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Then there’s an unknown number of people like myself that are ‘Very’ interested in this vehicle but didn’t put in a reservation. I can wait to see how it all shakes out. For the amount of money I’m spending, I won’t do it without seeing one in real and comparing motors, options etc.

So even if the take rate is only 30% of the reservations, how big is the pool of non reservations?
same i want to get in and drive each so i get what i want, dont want to make a purchase and regret not getting the v6 or a manual if i desire or color without see it in person before hand

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your confusing reservations for the Bronco with a production estimate for the new upcoming small Bronco Sport based pickup called the Maverick.
Well, this is the very first time I have been wrong in my entire life.

I was looking for the place where I read 200k and skimmed past that article and made a nice pile of waste in my haste. I think my subconscious just couldn't believe the actual content of the article and filled in what it was looking for, haha.

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The title of this thread is stating the obvious! That said, curious to see how all three models do. Not a fan of the bronco sport, but can see how others would find it appealing.

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The title of this thread is stating the obvious! That said, curious to see how all three models do. Not a fan of the bronco sport, but can see how others would find it appealing.
Actually if they fixed the rear quarter panel windows it could look like a cross between a land rover and a range rover

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I have 2 reservations and know I'll be cancelling one in the future. I only placed the second at a different dealer when Ford was wishy washy about moving reservations among dealers just in case. But I'll cancel both if dealers think they can take me for a ride. I somehow made it this far through life without a Bronco and I'm sure I will continue to live without paying outrageous dealer markups.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let's see how many reservations stick after the dealers start playing the dealer markup game. The dealer that has my reservation send me this crap.

"Anything that is limited edition we mark up $10,000 over MSRP. Across the board on every Ford we sell we ask $2,000 over MSRP.

Happy Hunting.

Jorge Sanchez
Sales Consultant
Bob Wondries Ford
400 S Atlantic Blvd Alhambra Ca 91801
(626)289-3591 Office"

Not exactly a warm welcoming feeling. To me that reads, "now that we have your reservation we know you are stuck with us and plan to exploit that as much as possible". It seems that the salespeople are drunk with the influx of demand. Ford needs to be careful that this doesn't blow up in the face.
Sorry to see this happen to you, make sure you switch dealerships even if you have to cross state lines.

Truth is that Ford isn't doing very well as a company right now. Last year their profit dropped over 3 billion than it was in 2018. This means financial pain. The stock price is down, then you factor in COVID-19 and they need a win.

This gives advantage to you the customer. Dealerships and salesmen are douche bags to the highest degree, but remember that there are over 3000 to choose from, so use your leverage.

Is Bronco hot, yeah. Is Bronco going to be a hit, you bet. However, Bronco will also be built in mass and will soon flood the market.

Fads and trends die fast. In the end, this is an off road dedicated vehicle and isn't cheap. There will be an initial surge, but who knows how many will ultimately give up their Jeeps, the next 4 Runner, etc. The market for an off roader isn't infinite, too many compromises for the soft or curious.

I would never pay over MSRP for this or anything other than a car where their will only be fewer than 10,000 built. Ford plans to sell close to 200,000 of these per year.
Sponsored