Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

well... if there's 3000 ford dealers and lets say the average reservation was 50 reservations... that would be 150,000. I would say that's a realistic number in my opinion.
Sponsored

Mpixel

Badlands
First Name
MC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Toyota Camry, 1999 Nissan Pathfinder, 2015 VW Jetta, 2019 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice that there is a surge and all, but give us some numbers dammit!

For all we know a surge is 20k reservations. Or maybe it's 80k or 120k... well what is it?
If you look at the reservations list posted on the top, you can see that the latest reservation done on 7/20 shows a confirmation number of 311,000...now that is what I have been going based on, not sure how accurate that is.

AZMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus / Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SanTan Ford is my dealer of choice. Not surprised to see them getting 500+ reservations. They are very popular out in my area.

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I did a real quick run through on the reservation table and the lowest reservation # I saw was 10083003 and the highest was 10316028 which would lead me to believe about 233k reservations if they're in order.

I disregarded the outliers as there were many reservations listed that didnt have the same # of digits.

Bronco-chris

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord LOL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I did a real quick run through on the reservation table and the lowest reservation # I saw was 10083003 and the highest was 10316028 which would lead me to believe about 233k reservations if they're in order.

I disregarded the outliers as there were many reservations listed that didnt have the same # of digits.
Also how many folks reserved more than one Bronco before knowing models can be changed during the ordering process? My local dealer was actually recommending this option to folks before Ford released their statement. The total number of reservations is artificially high.

Sponsored

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Holdback, accessories and high interest rates will keep them in the $$.
Plus!, glass etching, fabric guard, rust prevention, hood shield, blinker fluid, service plans, and scented air freshener!

ckRipley

Wildtrak
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lexus GX460
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Woody Anderson Ford here in Huntsville, AL told me they had over 200 reservations when I asked. Lots of interest, but I can't imagine everyone of those reservations turning into actual orders.

Downhill

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So, let's say a dealer has 50% of their orders cancelled. What keeps that dealer from hand picking a few of those to NOT cancel and take as stock to sell to walk-ins?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, let's say a dealer has 50% of their orders cancelled. What keeps that dealer from hand picking a few of those to NOT cancel and take as stock to sell to walk-ins?
You think they would buy off the customers to not cancel and get their $100 back?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
well... if there's 3000 ford dealers and lets say the average reservation was 50 reservations... that would be 150,000. I would say that's a realistic number in my opinion.
I bet it is up there at least....Jeep sells North of 220,000 Wranglers per year. The last competitor targeted at it (Toyots FJ Cruiser) sold around 60k per year for the first 2 years out....and this Bronco is a MUCH more appealing direct competitor. It will sell over 100k units easily in year one based on that, so reservations have to be way up there above that, assuming a big cancellation rate anyway.

Sponsored

Builtdadbodtough

Big Bend
First Name
Dad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wtf.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Starting to feel like this thing isn’t even gonna be available by the time my car dies and I’m going to have to woefully get something else. *dramatic sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*

Downhill

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You think they would buy off the customers to not cancel and get their $100 back?
I would if I was a dealer and was looking at a year before I start getting any to sell for a premium.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think this would work on orders cancelled after the build and the customer then cancels. My salesman told exactly that if I decide the Bronco doesn't work for me. From what I see in the rules, the dealer is free to set their own pricing and terms. Ford can't tell them what to do with that vehicle.

Chewcudda

Black Diamond
First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
kia soul, mini cooper, kawasaki versys
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
my dealer in mckinney tx reported to me that he is dealing with 400+ reservations but could not distinguish between reg and sport so it may these high numbers may be coming from adding the two together.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
my dealer in mckinney tx reported to me that he is dealing with 400+ reservations but could not distinguish between reg and sport so it may these high numbers may be coming from adding the two together.
I can help with that.... 399 Broncos 1 Bronco sport
Sponsored