Sponsored

Ford Announces 2021 Bronco World Premiere for Spring 2020 and Shows New Logo!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They put a (vague) date on it.

Now we can focus our squabbling on the Job 1 and "butts in seats" dates :giggle:
Interesting with the clips of "heritage", all generations of the old Broncos in action and the old logos. Most interesting, to me, was the inclusion of the Bronco II clip, I think, to transition your mind back to "midsize" after seeing several images of the full size era.
Sponsored

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've been intermittently examining the HTML encoding for various Ford webpages that include Bronco, and the other day I noted a change in one that indicated "click for more info". Sometimes developers will put "silent" strings in before making parts of a page live... sure enough, today has some updates.

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/?gnav=header-all-vehicles

Last edited:

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've been intermittently examining the HTML encoding for various Ford webpages that include Bronco, and the other day I noted a change in one that indicated "click for more info". Sometimes developers will put "silent" strings in before making parts of a page live... sure enough, today has some updates.

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/?gnav=header-all-vehicles
Don't think I've ever seen the dealer installed handrail above glove box.

CaptainFluffy

Threads
Reaction score
Ok, I just gotta ask...what elementary kid made that video?!? That had to be one of the very worst teaser kinda videos I have ever seen. Seriously Ford? Couldn't pay a marketing agency a tad more to oh I dunno, not make it like it's the 60's by saying "Broncooooo" and then the hoofbeats at the end. Like, I get it, but that was very lame.

On a side note, they included the sound of a V8 starting up at the beginning. You better not let us down in that department. What with the 4 cylinder spark plug leak already, I fear they might've already crapped the bed here.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thats the 66-77 EB logo. I believe the new logo is the one shown at the end.
That was specifically for the Sport, interesting that it doesn't say "Sport" though.

This was Sport..

e01d8bf4aba322c11bcdc7b3cde3e496.jpg

and this was Std..

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlVZwszabIXUZMvkkzjwxG1arbJ55V6TYUmGKSafQs1vNlZ52MEA&s.jpg

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's nice to have a seemingly set premier time-frame when we will see the new "Bronco Bronco". I'm in a bind now needing another vehicle though, and also am not the type to pay more to be first kid on the block. So really this means earliest I could buy is over a year away? Not sure it's in the cards for me, but I am rooting for the Bronco Bronco to be an awesome offroad vehicle and counter to Wrangler (and also not too expensive in the base models).

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still want to know if I’m waiting for Ford’s FJ Cruiser or Ford’s Wrangler
While hearing something is nice for a change, I agree, this doesn't really answer any meaningful questions.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford’s FJ Cruiser
Ford's too late to bring the FJ back to life...as Toyota's about to do just that...on the Prius platform no less. Pretty ugly, eh???

upload_2019-11-1_13-44-57.png

The TJ Cruiser (pictured) unveiled during the 2017 Tokyo Auto Show will morph into the FJ Cruiser’s replacement, according to Japanese magazine Best Car.

Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok, I just gotta ask...what elementary kid made that video?!? That had to be one of the very worst teaser kinda videos I have ever seen. Seriously Ford? Couldn't pay a marketing agency a tad more to oh I dunno, not make it like it's the 60's by saying "Broncooooo" and then the hoofbeats at the end. Like, I get it, but that was very lame.

On a side note, they included the sound of a V8 starting up at the beginning. You better not let us down in that department. What with the 4 cylinder spark plug leak already, I fear they might've already crapped the bed here.
Yeah, I'm not sure what video you watched, it was pretty awesome, and I'm sure most on here will agree, "it gets the people going!"
This is a heritage vehicle with almost as much history as the storied mustang, so not sure why you're hating on the homage to the 60's and also hoof beats...
Were you expecting Michael Bay explosions followed by Dennis Leary doing a cheesy voiceover ala the f150 commercials?
I'm sure there's enough bronco footage on the web for you to edit your own much better hype video, no?
Anywho... you're probably not going to be a customer for this vehicle anyways, and you're going to blame it on it not having (insert the millions of reasons people are already hating on the new bronco)

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In today's news, we learned that we're not learning anything for about another half a year:

"We'll tell you something next Spring."

Disappointing, but it effectively ends the daily suspense.

jamanrr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ford F150 Powerstroke,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The previous FJ cruiser while a great design and good looking didn't get much better gas mileage than a Gen 1 Raptor, They may pump wonderful v8 noises into the cabin with a gas sipping turbo 4 under the hood who knows. The more HP this thing has the less MPG it will get.

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
4EAC681F-E186-4B01-90E5-403CEEC2F0A6.png
Serious shade being thrown here lol... I guess no NYIAS reveal which is fitting for sure.
The last day of spring in 2020 is June 20th, they could premiere it at NAIAS 2020 and still be within the reveal date.
Sponsored