Sponsored

Ford Announces 2021 Bronco World Premiere for Spring 2020 and Shows New Logo!

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I'm at least happy they aren't waiting until summer or next fall to introduce it.

A few take aways from this little announcement; They are really going all in with the retro and heritage aspect. I'm happy to see that and expected that. I think they showed the Bronco ll as a nod to the smaller Bronco coming. Showing the name Sport in a few shots I think was intentional for it as well.
It's also interesting that they seem to be really going with the bucking Bronco logo for it. I wasn't sure if they were going to do that but from this video it's apparent they are definitely going to utilize it. Im glad they are.
The script or font if you will for the Bronco is what I expected. It's basically the same as this sites and on the grill and tail gate of their rendering. Im glad its bolder then the Rangers as I think the Rangers is a little too skinny and its even more bold then the first announcement banner and I'm glad about that too.

As for the video it's self well again, Im glad they are running with the heritage aspect but it was a little cheesy and the music was out of something from the early 80s. I suppose they are going for retro with it. However, I hope when they actually do introduce the Bronco the video for it is more in line with the Defender video. That was impressive and made a statement.

At least I have something to go with through this winter. I hope we get some better spy shots in the mean time though and maybe Santa can come through with some actual spects.
Sponsored

Last edited:

HTX1811

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SXT 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That is interesting but is that actually new? It just seems to have past Bronco stuff. Nothing with the new font.
They definitely are trying to stir the interest in the Bronco.

Last edited:

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A few take aways from this little announcement; They are really going all in with the retro and heritage aspect.
In spades!! From the video, website imagery, '66/'67 sales brochures, reference to "Old School Enthusiasts", and Amazon gear, its almost like getting in the way-back machine and having the Gen1 reintroduced. Of all their archive images they showcased Royal Maroon, Empire Yellow, Skyview Blue, Mallard Green, Wind Blue, Chrome Yellow, and Rangoon Red - I wouldn't be shocked to see a few of these as 2021 color options.

Of all the forum and trade pub info, this is the most encouraging stuff I've seen.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
At least I have something to go with through this winter. I hope we get some better spy shots in the mean time though and maybe Santa can come through with some actual spects.
...*Music Playing*...

ON THE 12TH DAY OF CHRISTMAS MY TRUE LOVE(James Hackett)GAVE TO ME

12 Speakers booming!

11 Radio presets

10 Forward Gears spinning

9” Rear Axle locking

8 Cylinders combusting

7 speed manual shifting

6 lug nuts securing

5 FULL SIZE 35’’ K02 TIRES

4 piece hardtop removed

3 WINDSHIELD WIPERS WIPING

2 DOORS REMOVED

And a Bronco under the Christmas tree (fuck that’s gotta be a big tree)

thank you for coming to my TED talk

Carmaker1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE 4dr (His), '22 Bronco 7MT (Mine)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I said a few times, that this was never debuting this year in any form. Stupid TFL just run with anything.

What I didn't know 9 months ago, was the deliberate intention to withhold some stages of prototyping from the public. As soon as P702 was ready, it was put out for runs cameras or not. This, just has been over the top sensitive for obvious reasons. Ditto for Mach E (CX727).

Every aspect of that, save for one set of staged photography, just shows Kuga-body M1s as the Mach E. Spy photos are never a given, if someone really cares about privacy. I'd say the Germans have perfected the art of them though.

What does suck is launch is calendar year 2021. Wayne will begin tooling trials in several months and then PP vehicles after that in the late summer or Q3 2020. Currently next up is Engineering Completion, then LR stage afterward.

Sponsored

Carmaker1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And to correct myself, signing off of launch will be the final stage before PPs are built next summer. Engineering completion is a different stage.

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
I said a few times, that this was never debuting this year in any form. Stupid TFL just run with anything.

What I didn't know 9 months ago, was the deliberate intention to withhold some stages of prototyping from the public. As soon as P702 was ready, it was put out for runs cameras or not. This, just has been over the top sensitive for obvious reasons. Ditto for Mach E (CX727).

Every aspect of that, save for one set of staged photography, just shows Kuga-body M1s as the Mach E. Spy photos are never a given, if someone really cares about privacy. I'd say the Germans have perfected the art of them though.

What does suck is launch is calendar year 2021. Wayne will begin tooling trials in several months and then PP vehicles after that in the late summer or Q3 2020. Currently next up is Engineering Completion, then LR stage afterward.
Translation anyone?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So....is Carmaker1 post (What does suck is launch is calendar year 2021) referring to Mach E and not U725 Bronco??

DaBoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What the heck are you smoking? Fox bodies were always referred to as 5.0Ls and badged as such. The new badges look nearly identical, so are there really people swapping the new badges on? :confused:
They're different. And nearly every Fox I see anymore has the new badge on it.

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Translation anyone?

What I didn't know 9 months ago, was the deliberate intention to withhold some stages of prototyping from the public. As soon as P702 [next F150] was ready, it was put out for runs cameras or not. This, just has been over the top sensitive for obvious reasons. Ditto for Mach E (CX727).

Every aspect of that, save for one set of staged photography, just shows Kuga-body M1s [early test mules using the 'Escape/Kuga' body] as the Mach E. Spy photos are never a given, if someone really cares about privacy. I'd say the Germans have perfected the art of them though.

What does suck is launch is calendar year 2021. Wayne will begin tooling trials [getting the equipment set up to handle Bronco parts properly] in several months and then PP vehicles [pre-production (operational Bronco prototypes will be reviewed to make sure that's how they should turn out, ie practice runs, the kind of thing that might get shown at auto shows later and then chewed up for scrap metal] after that in the late summer or Q3 2020. Currently next up is Engineering Completion [technical design people give their finial sign off], then LR stage afterward.
Not sure about the last one, LR.

Carmaker1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, all correct. The P702 F-150 units were sent out as soon as they were ready to go. This got held on a very tight leash instead. GT doesn't even compare regarding prototyping (unveiled 23 months early). Recall the same story with the then all new 2011 Focus, which had no spy shots in 2009, even despite the fact design freeze (FDJ) occurred in 2008 and aluminum P552 as well in 2012-early 2013. They wanted the Atlas to debut before any tophat P552 spy shots in 2013.

Even the CX 430 should've been running, as it was frozen for production over a year and half ago. It was held back, in spite of being already leaked. Those first photos were extremely staged.

Launch Readiness will be in the summer.

Amen to this, should be a sticky. Many of them are staged, even if the test drivers are unaware of corporate giving photographers a tip off. P703 truck was extremely angering and ironic, as I had just mentioned days before that they were going through FAA process, which settles on final design choice. Horrible honestly the timing, but great for me (limited proximity to P703). Ditto for CX430 leak.

To add to that, the August 2013 leak of the S550 vinyled fascia, was definitely not staged though. But a "spy shot" of a prototype convertible after that was definitely staged, which conveniently omitted the differing profile.:rolleyes:

So....is Carmaker1 post (What does suck is launch is calendar year 2021) referring to Mach E and not U725 Bronco??
It refers the U725 being early 2021 and sensitivity of both programs. Job 1 is next December, which will take roughly 2 months or even 3, because of shutdown downtime (?). Launch is Winter or Spring 2021 (latest). Winter 1 2021 (Jan 1 to March 20), but not Winter 2 (December 20-31, 2021)
Sponsored