Sponsored

Ford Announces 2021 Bronco World Premiere for Spring 2020 and Shows New Logo!

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
When we get closer to Barret Jackson we can definitely start a thread about it! Seems like there’s quite a few people on here from AZ so wouldn’t be surprised if we could get a few people together.
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is my understanding as well. The program has apparently been delayed by 6 months original release was going to be summer 2020. Even if it was released summer 2020 most of the time it would be a 2021 MY a la gladiator.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The following was posted over on the blue oval forums by a member named “ExplorerDude”

“All 3 Broncos (Bronco 4-door, Bronco 2-door and Bronco Sport) will be shown together as a family so as not to create confusion.

The reveal event we were told was in the spring. So yes it could be NAIAS in June. Last I heard that either the 2021 F-150 or 2021 Bronco family will be at NAIAS in June and the other will get their own event, like the Explorer and Expedition did. That was as of back in October. I’m sure they chose what will be revealed at what venue by now.

Bronco Sport will be built alongside the Fusion and MKZ in Hermosillo for about 6-9 months as they don’t have a concrete end date yet. Then Fusion and MKZ will be done, then the next gen Transit Connect and baby pickup will be in there in mid 2021 for the 22MY.”

Sponsored

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sport is the baby bronco if thats the name they actually use...not what I'm hearing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The following was posted over on the blue oval forums ...
These seemed more important than the reveal date speculation...

Pearl Harbor day (Dec 7) was the last [Job 1] date I saw. ... Unless things got moved ahead we were supposed to start preproduction builds right after July shutdown last I heard.

With the baby having a Job 1 in October most likely, which would follow with the prediction from the Escape launch that the baby would precede the BroncoBronco by three months. Hopefully that makes the May event the Bronco one, if they're going to try to have a prototype teaser available for most of the spring and early summer public Bronco events.

mikonrad

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fiesta SFE, Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the baby having a Job 1 in October most likely, which would follow with the prediction from the Escape launch that the baby would precede the BroncoBronco by three months. Hopefully that makes the May event the Bronco one, if they're going to try to have a prototype teaser available for most of the spring and early summer public Bronco events.
Was looking back in the thread - still not quite sure what the May event is. Does it have something to do with the Bronco event you mentioned for April here?

If I was going to put a number on it, I'd say they'll drop some new teaser images and announce the announcement around the Bronco Super Celebration in April (or a similar Bronco-centric enthusiast event) and the actual press release will be about a week before the Detroit NAIAS. So, probably late May 2020.

That would give the Bronco Maverick (aka baby) the aforementioned few months lead time on the real deal BroncoBronco expected in Dec'20~Jan'21.
Trying to fill my calendar for 2020. :]

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was looking back in the thread - still not quite sure what the May event is. Does it have something to do with the Bronco event you mentioned for April here? Trying to fill my calendar for 2020. :]
It certainly could. Ford has had its most important debuts outside the auto shows at times and places that grant them all the attention. The guys over at the Blue Oval Forum seem to be aware of some scheduling that implied something was happening for May and June -- the Bronco lineup would be one and the F150 was expected to be the other. The order is just speculation on how Ford might want to capitalize on third party Bronco events in the spring.

Carmaker1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE 4dr (His), '22 Bronco 7MT (Mine)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From the beginning, Ford has said "Coming [as in, debuting] in 2020," but it's been a MY 2021 all along.
This is my understanding as well. The program has apparently been delayed by 6 months original release was going to be summer 2020. Even if it was released summer 2020 most of the time it would be a 2021 MY a la gladiator.
Thank you both. I'm so sick of pointing this out all the time and can't be bothered anymore, as all of us have pitched in to clear up misunderstandings. I have documentation from mid-2016, which lists a U725 July 2020 Job 1 date. Only 5 months and 6 days in delays.

5 months and 1 week is nothing, when you see what happened to the U625 Explorer and back in the old Detroit days, where a new design felt dated on release, because it was designed 5 years earlier and delayed by 18 months.

Back in 2016, the CX430 Bronco Sport was listed as the "Gen Y utility". It's supposed to be for millennials who can't afford the entry price of the U725.

In fact, CX430 was supposed to go into production in December 2019 and was a lot more different back in 2016-17, like the C727 "Mach E" was once a compliance mobile in the same time frame.

The final design chosen in early 2018, went more Bronco thanks to some internal changes regarding U725.

And as for those production dates, I had mention them a year ago and they haven't changed, so be happy it's on track and no more delays.

Committing to a final U725 design almost 2 years ago, allowed for a more confident commitment to December 2020 Job 1. If you looked at program targets in 2015 or early ideas in 2014, yes you might see 2019 somewhere as Bronco Job 1 for MY 2020.

What matters is, since announcement 3 years ago in January 2017, NOTHING ever changed internally with MY designation. I have said for years, people need to better understand the American model year system we go by and prepositions.

"In 2020" refers to what? Obviously the year itself, nothing else. "For 2020", alternatively would refer to the model year. "Model year" is a very uncommon noun in daily conversations and is not an actual measure of time, so 9 out of 10 times the actual year would take precedence and "for 2020" would be instead used to address the less common noun of "model year" or a shopping season.

Back to Ford, never for one day, has 2020 and model year been in the same sentence for U725, in any official documentation or soundbites.

I really suggest for cohesion, everyone needs to stay on the page and put that BS to rest. Ever since announcement, it has always been a 2021 model. There was no bait and switch. Such complaints one expects on social media or in a Disqus comment section, not on a well informed forum.

If I could legally post my source information on the previous Job 1 dates, I would, but in reality no thanks.
Sponsored