Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You've gotta wonder if there will even be a HotHeads version, now that Ford just took over the market.
I live in the desert, and I don't believe that thin layer of fabric from the factory is going to do much to stop heat transfer when it's 115 degrees here. So, I very much hope that @Hothead Headliners is still going to make one.
Sponsored

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Completely coincidental but, I had my color change input today, going to race red from carbonized gray, and the new update already reflects this price adjustment.

Attachments

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lol...more likely that Webasto negotiated free headliners in lieu of a percentage off for failing to meet guaranteed deadlines...a smart move for both companies
Not to mention CoverKing, the headliner provider. Their sales just went through the roof.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Early April Fools joke? If not this is maybe the most interesting Bronco news of the week. So much to unpack in terms of the possible reasons why Ford is giving this item away ...
I wouldn't read too deeply into it. Ford is likely making more profit doing it this way.

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just talked to my salesman (extremely helpful) and he said that you don't have to change your order TODAY. They can submit the change next week for people with MGV, you just have to have you reservation converted to order by today.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I live in the desert, and I don't believe that thin layer of fabric from the factory is going to do much to stop heat transfer when it's 115 degrees here. So, I very much hope that @Hothead Headliners is still going to make one.
It's the same here in Phoenix. I guess I'll find out how well it works if I ever get my Bronco.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

kirnma

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm hesitant to believe this, but it's the only option on my Base order I didn't configure so I'm really cooked if this is true. The Bronco will also be my daily driver to this will make it more tolerable.

soupcook

Outer Banks
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger and 2017 GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I imagine this simplifies the delivery of MIC tops to the assembly line. There was probably enough orders for the sound deadening that organizing and delivering such large components would create unwanted delays. Just my guess from working in several manufacturing plants.

I am really happy because I ordered my OBX with sound deadening.

soupcook

Outer Banks
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger and 2017 GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's the same here in Phoenix. I guess I'll find out how well it works if I ever get my Bronco.
I live in Florida and these insulated headliners do help.

Sponsored

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Impacts to Dealership Orders in WBDO

Today you will start seeing the content change reflected in the Bronco Price wire, WBDO, and your customers’ orders. This update could take several days and will not adjust all orders at once. Order guide updates will follow shortly.
Yeah. I just exchanged messages with Sean at Grangers and he is unable to add it to my Squatched BL MIC build which has MGV (so it wouldn't be automatically added according to the announcement language). Apparently it's not compatible with the skid plates, go figure....

VGK_Fan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi S5 Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just spoke to my dealer, and he just added it to my BL. It shows $0 cost and I have already docu-signed my update.

BTW, he hadn't looked for the email because he is so busy with last minute orders. I am #1 of 341 orders at his last count 20 minutes ago.
Same here. He added it to my 2-door Badlands and sent me the build sheet showing $0 for the cost. Easy peasy

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I imagine this simplifies the delivery of MIC tops to the assembly line. There was probably enough orders for the sound deadening that organizing and delivering such large components would create unwanted delays. Just my guess from working in several manufacturing plants.

I am really happy because I ordered my OBX with sound deadening.
I always thought it would be a DIO....

THAT'S IT!!!!

Ford mentioned no DIO for 21. This came around just now. So maybe the DIO process got panned by dealers as "not profitable enough". THAT'S IT!

You folks are Genius!

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

“The addition of the sound deadening headliner improves overall appearance while reducing interior cabin noise”

Okay so someone decided the cabin was a little too loud and the inside of the MIC tops looked like shit so give us a free headliner. Cool with me. Doubt there’s any bad news coming as they’d probably release it at the same time. Bad news drop on Monday and most people have forgotten about the good news already.