Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ā€œThe addition of the sound deadening headliner improves overall appearance while reducing interior cabin noiseā€

Okay so someone decided the cabin was a little too loud and the inside of the MIC tops looked like shit so give us a free headliner. Cool with me. Doubt thereā€™s any bad news coming as theyā€™d probably release it at the same time. Bad news drop on Monday and most people have forgotten about the good news already.
I really don't think it has much to do with noise. Ford has been testing these babies for a long time now.

What's going on at MAP now is finalizing all the assembly processes. So the money is on it being about assembly or supply chains or some combination of those two.

Plus, if it were about intolerable noise or appearance, they wouldn't be letting MGV orders opt out. And Ford isn't giving out a $495 discount for opting out which implies it might now be costing Ford extra to provide the tops without the headliner.šŸ¤”

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 F250, ā€˜88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think ford has so many MIC top orders that they need to use every one produced. Now you could cover some of the plastic flaws and use the 2nd grade ones. The ones that would be rejected for interior appearance. May have been thought of and mentioned already. But this thread is quickly 22 pages so I donā€™t know if Iā€™ll catch up!

Last edited:

Hiltonm1

Big Bend
First Name
Mindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So what about the shadow black painted modular tops? Are they coming free on those too?
I emailed my dealer to ask and this us the updated order showing $0 now for the sound deadening headliner on the black painted modular hardtop.

Ford Bronco Ford Announces FREE Sound Deadening Headliner For All 2021 Bronco With Hard Tops Screenshot_20210319-132326_Office Mobile~3

jmadsen

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F350, 2017 Explorer, 1945 Ford GPW, 53 C6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wonder if you placed a early October Reservation as an order hoping to get a 2021 if that free headliner still applies if it gets bumped out to 2022 Model build?

Technically my Reservation and order says for a 2021?? time will tell.

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So 300 ford pass points +495.00 savings on headliner, spend it on the headliner at the "insert catchy name" local strip club win win
Ford Bronco Ford Announces FREE Sound Deadening Headliner For All 2021 Bronco With Hard Tops Screenshot_20210319-160240_Gallery

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if you placed a early October Reservation as an order hoping to get a 2021 if that free headliner still applies if it gets bumped out to 2022 Model build?

Technically my Reservation and order says for a 2021?? time will tell.
Iā€™m in a similar position. My order is submitted with a 19 priority, but I expect Ford will get to MY22 production before mine is built.

I fully expect that the headliner will not be included free of charge for the MY22 options. By then I imagine they will have sorted through whatever it was that caused them to make this decision today.

But who knows... weā€™ll just have to see.

BroncoTodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didnt sift through all 22 pages, so apologies if this was already covered. As of this afternoon, my dealer was still not able to add sound deadening to my SAS-BL. It still registers as a conflict. Hopefully the system will be updated to accommodate in the future.

Ford Bronco Ford Announces FREE Sound Deadening Headliner For All 2021 Bronco With Hard Tops 1616195436596

JCAntimatter

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 4Runner TRD PRO, Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

https://community.thebronconation.c...adliner-for-all-mic-tops-on-2021-bronco.3812/

Ford announced to dealers today that the sound deadening headliner option for the 2021 Bronco will now be standard on Mold in Color (MIC) hard tops that are matched with cloth or leather interiors, and it will be a no-cost option on MICs that are paired with Marine Grade Vinyl (MGV) interiors. Bottom line, no one will be paying extra for the sound deadening headliner.

We suspect that the reason for making the headliner optional on MGV interiors is that those interiors are focused on water resistance. The headliner was first shown off in the Bronco Nation forums here. The fuzzy, carpet-like material that is adhered to the roof is designed to reduce cabin noise and was a $495 dollar option on both 2-Door and 4-Door Broncos. For those concerned about headroom in Broncos with MIC tops, the headliner is quite thin and the effect on headroom is extremely small.

This change also applies to builds that didnā€™t have access to the sound deadening headliner before. For example, a 4-Door Badlands with a 2.7L engine wasnā€™t able to be optioned with the headliner due to constraints in Fordā€™s ordering and production planning systems. Now, the option is just a part of the MIC top on most trims and will be able to be added to any build regardless of other options.

LETTER TO DEALERS:

To: Dealership Personnel

Subject: Bronco Production Update | Sound Deadening Headliner

Next week we will be sending a communication to all Bronco order holders outlining a production change for the 2021MY Bronco. The Sound Deadening Headliner is now available across the entire 2021 Model Year Bronco hard top model lineup regardless of selected options for no charge ($495 value). The addition of the sound deadening headliner improves overall appearance while reducing interior cabin noise.

• Vehicles equipped with a cloth or leather interior will receive the headliner as standard
  • Vehicles equipped with the Marine Grade Vinyl interior will have the option to add in the headliner ā€“ some customers will want the function to easily wash off their roof panels.
  • Pricing: if a customerā€™s vehicle is equipped with the sound deadening headliner, their price will be reduced by $495 MSRP
Impacts to Dealership Orders in WBDO

Today you will start seeing the content change reflected in the Bronco Price wire, WBDO, and your customersā€™ orders. This update could take several days and will not adjust all orders at once. Order guide updates will follow shortly.
  • For existing orders with the NVH headliner, the price will be reduced by $495.
  • For orders with cloth and leather seats and no NVH headliner, the order will automatically receive a headliner and receive no pricing change
  • For Marine Grade Vinyl orders without the NVH headliner, nothing will change.
Dealer Action Required

No action is required at this time. When the Bronco Order Holder communication is sent next week, week of March 22, we will provide reporting that highlights orders that are impacted by this announcement and the required next steps.
  • NOTE: For customer conversions happening today and beyond ensure you are offering them the Sound Deadening Headliner at no additional charge ($495 value) for those who select the Marine Grade Vinyl option
Interesting. Also, I was told today that I can not order both the soft top and MIC or Shadow Black hard tops from factory. Ford will not ship a 2021 with 2 tops. I had to choose one and they said we can order the other from parts after I take delivery. Has anyone heard of this? Sounds weird.
Thank you!

Sponsored

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol. I think I've just gotten numb the last few months on Bronco groups. Still see these basic questions/comments long since answered asked on the daily. Just shoot em down like zombies without really thinking about it.
Ya gotta shoot them in the head otherwise they will keep coming back LOL. j/K I'm non-violent šŸ˜‰

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
https://community.thebronconation.c...adliner-for-all-mic-tops-on-2021-bronco.3812/

Ford announced to dealers today that the sound deadening headliner option for the 2021 Bronco will now be standard on Mold in Color (MIC) hard tops that are matched with cloth or leather interiors, and it will be a no-cost option on MICs that are paired with Marine Grade Vinyl (MGV) interiors. Bottom line, no one will be paying extra for the sound deadening headliner.

We suspect that the reason for making the headliner optional on MGV interiors is that those interiors are focused on water resistance. The headliner was first shown off in the Bronco Nation forums here. The fuzzy, carpet-like material that is adhered to the roof is designed to reduce cabin noise and was a $495 dollar option on both 2-Door and 4-Door Broncos. For those concerned about headroom in Broncos with MIC tops, the headliner is quite thin and the effect on headroom is extremely small.

This change also applies to builds that didnā€™t have access to the sound deadening headliner before. For example, a 4-Door Badlands with a 2.7L engine wasnā€™t able to be optioned with the headliner due to constraints in Fordā€™s ordering and production planning systems. Now, the option is just a part of the MIC top on most trims and will be able to be added to any build regardless of other options.

LETTER TO DEALERS:

To: Dealership Personnel

Subject: Bronco Production Update | Sound Deadening Headliner

Next week we will be sending a communication to all Bronco order holders outlining a production change for the 2021MY Bronco. The Sound Deadening Headliner is now available across the entire 2021 Model Year Bronco hard top model lineup regardless of selected options for no charge ($495 value). The addition of the sound deadening headliner improves overall appearance while reducing interior cabin noise.

• Vehicles equipped with a cloth or leather interior will receive the headliner as standard
  • Vehicles equipped with the Marine Grade Vinyl interior will have the option to add in the headliner ā€“ some customers will want the function to easily wash off their roof panels.
  • Pricing: if a customerā€™s vehicle is equipped with the sound deadening headliner, their price will be reduced by $495 MSRP
Impacts to Dealership Orders in WBDO

Today you will start seeing the content change reflected in the Bronco Price wire, WBDO, and your customersā€™ orders. This update could take several days and will not adjust all orders at once. Order guide updates will follow shortly.
  • For existing orders with the NVH headliner, the price will be reduced by $495.
  • For orders with cloth and leather seats and no NVH headliner, the order will automatically receive a headliner and receive no pricing change
  • For Marine Grade Vinyl orders without the NVH headliner, nothing will change.
Dealer Action Required

No action is required at this time. When the Bronco Order Holder communication is sent next week, week of March 22, we will provide reporting that highlights orders that are impacted by this announcement and the required next steps.
  • NOTE: For customer conversions happening today and beyond ensure you are offering them the Sound Deadening Headliner at no additional charge ($495 value) for those who select the Marine Grade Vinyl option
Now "Fuzzy" can buy his $600 Hitch that he was bitchin' about. and not an after market DIY.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really don't think it has much to do with noise. Ford has been testing these babies for a long time now.

What's going on at MAP now is finalizing all the assembly processes. So the money is on it being about assembly or supply chains or some combination of those two.

Plus, if it were about intolerable noise or appearance, they wouldn't be letting MGV orders opt out. And Ford isn't giving out a $495 discount for opting out which implies it might now be costing Ford extra to provide the tops without the headliner.šŸ¤”
Bingo, the "sound deadening headliner" is simply cheap felt carpet that they're gluing to the roof. It's an expensive option for customers but it's cheap material costs for ford. I'd bet on it being the fact that gluing the headliner on in the factory assembly process is a choke point for ford so they'd prefer if it's just done by the supplier for almost all of the hard tops so that they can simply put the top on in the assembly plant. The efficiencies they gain could easily be worth the profit loss and material costs.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didnt sift through all 22 pages, so apologies if this was already covered. As of this afternoon, my dealer was still not able to add sound deadening to my SAS-BL. It still registers as a conflict. Hopefully the system will be updated to accommodate in the future.

Ford Bronco Ford Announces FREE Sound Deadening Headliner For All 2021 Bronco With Hard Tops 1616195436596
Maybe weā€™ll see an update to the system. Plenty of time to find out. Itā€™s only March...

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Iā€™m in a similar position. My order is submitted with a 19 priority, but I expect Ford will get to MY22 production before mine is built.

I fully expect that the headliner will not be included free of charge for the MY22 options. By then I imagine they will have sorted through whatever it was that caused them to make this decision today.

But who knows... weā€™ll just have to see.
My guess is the MY22 Broncos all get a soft top standard. And I agree that we'll have to see if the MIC tops come with headliners or not.
Sponsored