North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

After the Ford stock tanked 10% on Friday Ford hit the market with more bad news Friday night, after the markets were closed, hoping the the story would get buried over the weekend.

Chip shortage forces Ford to cut production of F-150, Bronco and other important vehicles
Published Fri, Feb 4 2022 7:25 PM EST
  • Ford is cutting vehicle production next week of several key products due to an ongoing global shortage of semiconductor chips.
  • Impacted products include the F-150 pickup, Mustang Mach-E electric crossover, Bronco SUV and other vehicles.
  • The cuts come a day after Ford significantly missed Wall Street’s earnings expectations due to supply chain issues, sending shares to tumble 9.7% on Friday.
The automaker on Friday confirmed production downtime next week for the Ford Bronco and Explorer SUVs; the Ford F-150 and Ranger pickups; the Ford Mustang Mach-E electric crossover; and the Lincoln Aviator SUV at plants in Michigan, Illinois, Missouri and Mexico due to the parts shortage. The automaker also is cutting some productions of the F-150 and Ford Transit cargo vans at plants in Michigan and Missouri.

The fact that Ford is cutting some of its most profitable and in-demand models such as the Bronco, Mach-E and F-150 shows automakers continue to battle with the problem despite many in the industry expecting a gradual improvement in the supply of chips in 2022.
Ford says chip shortage will force it to halt or cut production at 8 plants: reports
Published Sat, Feb 5, 2022 4:00 AM EST
By Dom Calicchio FOXBusiness
Difficulties in obtaining semiconductor chips will prompt Ford Motor to temporarily halt or scale back auto production at eight plants in North America, the company said Friday, according to reports.

Plants expected to see work suspended by Ford’s decision include those in Michigan, Chicago and Cuautitlan, Mexico, according to Reuters.

Also affected will be plants in Kentucky and Oakville, Ontario, Canada, Reuters added.

In Kansas City, production of Ford’s popular F-150 pickup trucks will be scaled back as one shift produces Transit vans, the news outlet reported.

Other models of Ford vehicles affected by the move include Bronco and Explorer SUVs, Ranger pickups, the Ford Mustang Mach-E electric crossover vehicle and the Lincoln Aviator, CNBC reported.

On Thursday, Ford missed Wall Street’s earnings expectations, causing shares to drop nearly 10% on Friday, the CNBC report said.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mglenn005

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford fusion hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So glad it’s everything we speculated. Couldn’t they provide some glimmers of hope of when new batches of chips arrive!

Sponsored

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not surprised.

Wineguy

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr Base, VW Alltrack
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So THAT is why I got an email stating my build week of Feb. 7 got moved to Feb 21.
I was trying to wait to replace my worn out '01 F250 with the Bronco.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You know what does have chips. Broncos price marked 15K over sticker.
yup wonder how many thousands are sitting and rotting on dealer lots ATM. along with the worthless mannequins they won't let people test drive.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So THAT is why I got an email stating my build week of Feb. 7 got moved to Feb 21.
Same here. I got the bump notice last Saturday from 2/14 to 2/21. They new at least a week ago they would shut down MAP next week. Maybe the employees can refresh, get in some ice fishing and be ready to go back to “Build a Bronco” the next week.😂

Sponsored

Arkmola

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I also had a Feb 7th build date moved to Feb 21sr. Just got an email from Ford now moved to March 7th. I have a feeling it will keep getting pushed out further.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I also had a Feb 7th build date moved to Feb 21sr. Just got an email from Ford now moved to March 7th. I have a feeling it will keep getting pushed out further.
Ha ha..yes last week I was bumped from 2/14 to 2/21 (I was hoping that was the chip bump) and just now read my email from Ford that came late last night bumping me to 3/7.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Now see there Ford, was it that hard to tell the truth?

While this is no more than many of us suspected I'm surprised Ford admitted the fact. Many of us have said all along, just tell us what the hell is going on. Most of us are adults now, and can handle the truth. However like Mark @Bucknerj81 said, I'm never gonna get my my Bronco.

Status
Not open for further replies.