North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Now see there Ford, was it that hard to tell the truth?

While this is no more than many of us suspected I'm surprised Ford admitted the fact. Many of us have said all along, just tell us what the hell is going on. Most of us are adults now, and can handle the truth. However like Mark @Bucknerj81 said, I'm never gonna get my my Bronco.
Yup, nothing suspicious about the timing of the Thursday and Friday announcements, corporate spin at work.
Difficulties in obtaining semiconductor chips will prompt Ford Motor to temporarily halt or scale back auto production at eight plants in North America, the company said Friday, according to reports.

Ford had warned Thursday that a lack of chip availability would likely hurt production in the company’s current financial quarter, Reuters reported.

On Thursday, Ford missed Wall Street’s earnings expectations, causing shares to drop nearly 10% on Friday, the CNBC report said.
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup, nothing suspicious about the timing of the Thursday and Friday announcements, corporate spin at work.
Man, I've tried to keep my head level, but now I just want to cry. Really want to go camping this Spring in my Bronco, but...... If I can salvage the year by having it to go wheel in the Summer, I'll be ok.

Can't lie that I'm getting nervous. Not a day one res, more like a day 7, but still......

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's been in the news repeatedly that the chip shortage would last through 2022.
Every time I read reporters/industry insiders say “this will be eased up by ‘23” I just thought to myself “no way they’ll definitely be full steam ahead in ‘22.” Bit too naive I guess.

Sponsored

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Timing of the launch in the middle of a pandemic and supply chain disaster across all industries was terrible, but what can you do
Build in order of reservation before dealer stock?

You know, kinda like how Ford said they would do.

jmbennett47

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Makes since why I also got a bump notice from February 14th to February 28th and now March 14th.

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IF I ever get my Bronco, it will be the last Ford I ever buy.
I have said this EXACT thing several times here. Ford is absolute clown shoes when it came to this launch. They have made an excellent vehicle in a class that was dying for competition but can't get out of their own damn way to make it good.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Man, I've tried to keep my head level, but now I just want to cry. Really want to go camping this Spring in my Bronco, but...... If I can salvage the year by having it to go wheel in the Summer, I'll be ok.

Can't lie that I'm getting nervous. Not a day one res, more like a day 7, but still......
Can you pick up some other 4x4, maybe even a used Wrangler? There are only so many summers in life, don't miss out by waiting for a Bronco.

Given all the issues with Bronco and other vehicle availability and prices, so glad I didn't get rid of my older open top 4x4s.

mdk77

Base
First Name
BM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think the new hope now is that the chips will arrive sooner than later and we can get our rides off of Ice Mountain in half the time they estimated. Keep it positive folks!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you pick up some other 4x4, maybe even a used Wrangler? There are only so many summers in life, don't miss out by waiting for a Bronco.

Given all the issues with Bronco and other vehicle availability and prices, so glad I didn't get rid of my older open top 4x4s.
I actually still have a 99 Disco, so I can and do get out camping and wheeling, just ready for my new rig.

I do sound selfish since there are so many who have nothing l, but want to get out there. That’s why I temper my complaining. It’s just starting to get to me and makes me feel worse to hear about others who really need the new ride.

Right now, Wranglers can indeed be found though.

Dogula

Heritage
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Badlands, 2023 CHALLENGER Shaker Widebody
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
This is why I ordered a 2022 BS Badlands last Sept. My plan is to wait until MY 2025 and order the big Bronco. Hopefully they will have everything worked out by then. I want a painted hardtop, so I knew that wasn't coming anytime soon.

Took delivery on my BS Badlands in Dec and absolutely love it!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.