Ole Skool Bronc

Ole Skool Bronc

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ3B Willys, 1G Bronco, TJ Jeep, Dodge Diesel.
None of this is legal, and all of it is pure paranoia, if not delusion

Ultimately, EVERY SINGLE VEHICLE made within the past 10 years can experience this. Like I said, if this paranoia is your sole deterrent, give up
I'm the one deluded and paranoid?
You don't know "History"
Since when has something being illegal ever stopped a Government?

No, not every vehicle made in the last ten years can experience this. Only the ones capable of connecting wireless.

For what's it's worth: my 2005 TJ was bricked in the middle of a snow storm in the Sierra Nevada mountains on a solo excursion. If I hadn't had my scan gauge to clear the codes, who knows what might of happened.

Seems like those who grew up with Tech are the most trusting of it. Of course they are the same ones willing to trade freedom for convenience.
Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ummm.... the ONLY reason I am opposed to Independent Suspension is because VERY few car makers do it right. And Ford Trucks are notoriously known for doing it Crappy. So forgive me for expressing a concern Ford may indeed build another crappy IFS and cover it with fake advertising internet hype; which is apparently cheaper than designing and building it right in the first place.

Btw, I know Ford Trucks IFS is crappy not from the internet, but because I've HAD to work on them. In fact my buddies current Ford truck does the pigeon toe in reverse and wears tires off the front 4 times as fast as the rear. He asked me what to do; I told him to buy a Dodge.
I have seen these all tested to destruction first hand. Ford consistently tops the pack, its almost to the point where we wonder where we can cut cost... Its not even close. Surprisingly the one that usually craps out first is Toyota (Very surprised honestly, but RIP Tundra). But this is in our own testing, so my anecdotal test data is as useless to you as yours is to me. It goes without saying that every OEM has good and bad apples. And this isn't even getting to the Raptor which is what I was really talking about. There are a number of reasons the OEM cant release a vehicle with 37's but rest assured we test durability with them. We aren't idiots.

As I have posted before in detail (you can search the forum) there are advantages and disadvantages to both systems and both can be executed well. Solid axles do have the edge in cost per robustness, but not by some astronomical margin. It just means that you have to pay a bit more for a raptor front end to be equally durable (which you do). People don't realize how complicated a proper SFA rig actually is, and it gets very comparable to IFS, with some notable advantages and disadvantages off road (not just on road)
If you want peak value for robustness, buy a leaf sprung SFA rig and keep to the right please

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ummm.... the ONLY reason I am opposed to Independent Suspension is because VERY few car makers do it right. And Ford Trucks are notoriously known for doing it Crappy. So forgive me for expressing a concern Ford may indeed build another crappy IFS and cover it with fake advertising internet hype; which is apparently cheaper than designing and building it right in the first place.

Btw, I know Ford Trucks IFS is crappy not from the internet, but because I've HAD to work on them. In fact my buddies current Ford truck does the pigeon toe in reverse and wears tires off the front 4 times as fast as the rear. He asked me what to do; I told him to buy a Dodge.
I've got over half a million miles on 2 fords with IFS, upper ball joint replacement is the most common. But even then, that's only if you buy the cheapies that don't last more than 30k. With that being said, its two bolts and one nut, takes 10-15 minutes to change. Lower take a good amount longer, but that's press in. CV shafts I've replaced once on one and twice on the other. No fighting with U-Joints every 30-40k. Wheel bearings are pretty much the same as any dana 30-40. Lifting them is more expensive yes, getting more travel is difficult yes, but street manners of IFS is superior to SFA, almost always. You have to remember, as much as this is a passion vehicle for people like us, it has to sell to the masses. It has to sell to the people who want the look, but don't need the capability.

***edit*** To clarify, in the case of the new Bronco, I would prefer a SFA, but the realist in me is expecting otherwise.

Last edited:

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Solid axles do have the edge in cost per robustness, but not by some astronomical margin. It just means that you have to pay a bit more for a raptor front end to be equally durable (which you do). People don't realize how complicated a proper SFA rig actually is, and it gets very comparable to IFS, with some notable advantages and disadvantages off road (not just on road)
My frame of reference is a 20-hour Wrangler trip to the Yooper to hunt grouse; not very comfey. My Bronco guess is IFS...from a pure marketing point of view. All the zillions of Wranglers sold this century will be upcoming trade-in candidates soon; wouldn't their owners at least test-drive a Bronco before reupping with Jeep? I'll bet a lot of them make the switch to a better asphalt experience; in fact I wouldn't be surprised if Wrangler transitioned to IFS below Rubicon trim...which has been rumored awhile anyway.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
None of this is legal, and all of it is pure paranoia, if not delusion

Ultimately, EVERY SINGLE VEHICLE made within the past 10 years can experience this. Like I said, if this paranoia is your sole deterrent, give up
"They" can remote in, over the airwaves? (internet??)

Sponsored

Guidr3

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Make The Bronco With IFS . Then You Will Have A Expedition Ride With Off Road Capability! No One Else Could Make That Claim! Put Me In Coach. !!

bigrod

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
blazer, dodge van, dodge tradesman, left ford 10 years ago
Auto Start/Stop, has me out. its a way to sell 1500 to $2000 starter every 30 to 45k miles if your a city driver,

289 is dead, shame best motor ford ever made. I'm definitely not sold on an ecoboost,

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think this entire forum is starting to collapse with misinformation.

Come save us Ford, at least a teaser image. Anything!!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ole Skool Bronc

Ole Skool Bronc

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ3B Willys, 1G Bronco, TJ Jeep, Dodge Diesel.
"They" can remote in, over the airwaves? (internet??)
Yes! Yes! Yes!

By the time people actually realize what this means in regards to freedom and privacy it will be too late - except for those with older vehicles. However I suspect they 'might' outlaw the operation of older vehicles under the guise of "gross polluters".

This is a "time game" like slowly boiling a frog. But first they need to have the hardware and software installed in the majority of cars.

You don't even need to be a conspiracy theorist.
Think about it:
Already! - if you don't get a federal ID card they are restricting your travel and other freedoms. Theoretically with the electronic system ALREADY installed in most new vehicles using GPS it would be incredibly easy to have an automated system brick your vehicle at the state border if you or your vehicle have been classified as "Non-Compliant". Or in your driveway if you haven't paid the registration or paid your tickets or passed the wireless reporting of your vehicle's emissions. Or....???

Bottom line; you no longer have ultimate control over your own vehicle.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bottom line; you no longer have ultimate control over your own vehicle.
Most people don't think twice about paying property taxes on a vehicle, or allowing the govt to tell them they're not allowed to license certain broad groups of vehicles to drive on a public road or public land.

Have a boot on your face long enough and it seems "wrong" for it to not be there, and plenty of otherwise sensible people will argue in favor of its presence. Just because the current rules are stupid or oppressive doesn't mean they have to stay that way ...
Sponsored