First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Me sitting here underage and don't like to drink to smoke: yeah go that... Stuff
Sponsored

Artie

Wildtrak
First Name
Waymon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 4X4 Limited, 1961 VW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here is your map to success with the real future Bronco ~
The 66-77 Bronco was instantly successful and now an Icon for two reasons:
1) It was capable, simple, modular, utilitarian, easy to work on and modify.
2) It had more horsepower, was built stronger and with better quality parts than the competition.

The Bronco was what every Jeep aspired to be when it grew up - after getting most all of its mechanical parts upgraded.

So here is what you do for the real Bronco:
From the Factory; build just one affordable bare bones Bronco using the strongest mechanical components with an easily disassembled body that can modified with bolt on parts. Only available factory options should be: Color, Auto/Manual, Axle Gear Ratio and Lockers.

For example:
Engine: 300+ hp / 300ftlb Torq
Transmission: Auto or Manual with low first gear.
Transfer Case: 3spd - 1:1, 2.75:1 and 4:1 gear ratios.
Axles: Solid high pinion 44 front & 9inch rear.

Everything else to be a "Dealer Option"
For example:
Carpet Kit
Stereo
NAV/GPS
Lift Kit
Big Brakes
Winch Bumpers
LED Light Kit
Dual Top Kit
Half Doors
Custom Hood
Roof Rack
Larger Fenders
Swinging Tire/Tool/Gas Carrier
Custom Seats
Etc.....

All extras can be installed by the dealer at time of purchase or later by the customer or dealer.

Here is the most important part:
.....all parts can be purchased at wholesale for as long as the original owner owns the Bronco.

Ford; in case you are listening: do you realize the business you've thrown away because we refuse to pay 200% over wholesale for parts at your parts counter?

This is why this will work;
1) The wealthy can have the dealer instantly build exactly what they want.
2) The less wealthy can modify as funds permit.
3) The wealthy and less wealthy do-it-yourselfers will build and modify for fun.

Think of it as selling the base piece for an Erector or Leggo set and then selling all the extras

But this all hinges on one incredibly important thing:

You must build and sell a simple strong, quality and easily modded platform to build from. (preferably a boxy retro)

Please no IFS, I've had your IFS, my friends have your IFS and we all agree it sucks - difficult and expensive to mod, wears out fast, it's just junk. (unless you do a Hummer style IFS .....then I might change my mind)

Okay Ford; the rest is on you, please don't let this Bronco(s) owner for over 40 years down. I'm counting on you. I'm at the age; if you mess this up, you'll probably never get another chance to sell me another Bronco. Lol.
YOU WILL HAVE TO GET A LOT OLDER TO CATCH THIS BRONCO DRIVER! BORN IN 1932.

SUNSHINE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 HUMMER & F-150
If they’re gonna introduce a BABY BRONCO what do you think it’s gonna look like??? I drive a F-150 and a H2 HUMMER. When they came out with the H3 I thought it was such a WASTE and an INSULT to the H2 as well as the original HUMVEE... NOBODY WANTS A BABY BRONCO!! I HOPE SOMEBODYS LISTENING!!!

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
NOBODY WANTS A BABY BRONCO!! I HOPE SOMEBODYS LISTENING!!!
Seriously??

When they came out with the H3 I thought it was such a WASTE and an INSULT to the H2
Ok now your just trolling..
The biggest insult to the H2 was the posers who drove them. I see 10-1 more H3’s used off road than H2’s out here.

Sponsored

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
If they’re gonna introduce a BABY BRONCO what do you think it’s gonna look like??? I drive a F-150 and a H2 HUMMER. When they came out with the H3 I thought it was such a WASTE and an INSULT to the H2 as well as the original HUMVEE... NOBODY WANTS A BABY BRONCO!! I HOPE SOMEBODYS LISTENING!!!
I would argue the h2 was an insult to the og Hummer.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Renegade to people who wanted the Jeep halo
Renegade is a great product in its own right, albiet more Fiat than Jeep. The Trailhawk iteration is a perfect size for navigating Forest Service roads...AWD/FWD on demand...good for snow. Well-proportioned. Bronco is atop my list - but a new Renegade to replace my 2015 is #2.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
too long...too wide...too tall. AND...too Expensive - I wonder if there's a correlation:

Bigger and bigger SUVs, pickups are outgrowing home garages, public parking spaces
USA TODAY

Across America, the drive for bigger vehicles is bumping into physical limitations. SUVs and pickups are getting so large that they’re struggling to fit into some home and parking garages and public parking spaces.

Homeowners may need to think twice about purchasing larger vehicles, while parking lot operators are starting to charge oversize fees to accommodate behemoth SUVs and trucks.

SUVs like the Chevrolet Suburban and Ford Expedition and pickups like Fiat Chrysler’s Ram are examples of popular vehicles that have grown in size in recent years, testing parking limitations.

While home garages are getting tighter and tighter, public parking garages and public parking spaces are also feeling the pinch.

Who among us hasn’t been driving through a shopping center parking lot and seen massive SUVs and pickups hanging several feet past the end of the space?

“The parking spots aren’t big enough,” Sonic Automotive’s Dyke said. “The parking garages aren’t big enough to deal with all the cars that are coming out.”

ef-ab52951135a3-Kristen_Trevinos_Ford_F-150_pickup.jpg

Trevino, the Dallas area resident whose F-150 doesn’t fit into her garage, said she’s personally experienced the frustration associated with the size of her pickup.

“My truck is really big,” she said. “Trying to maneuver into a space totally sucks. If you go to the mall and it’s really crowded, looking for a spot is a huge factor. I really have to spend time searching.”

At parking garages, it’s particularly problematic if they have low-hanging ceilings and tight turns.

Parking.com, the consumer brand of publicly-traded parking and transportation provider SP Plus, is beginning to adjust its business to deal with larger vehicles. The company is already charging oversize fees for large SUVs and trucks in some lots, particularly in New York, said Jeff Eckerling, chief growth officer of SP Plus.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2020/03/05/suvs-pickups-trucks-garages-parking/4904811002/

Carmaker1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE 4dr (His), '22 Bronco 7MT (Mine)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
too long...too wide...too tall. AND...too Expensive - I wonder if there's a correlation:

Bigger and bigger SUVs, pickups are outgrowing home garages, public parking spaces
USA TODAY

Across America, the drive for bigger vehicles is bumping into physical limitations. SUVs and pickups are getting so large that they’re struggling to fit into some home and parking garages and public parking spaces.

Homeowners may need to think twice about purchasing larger vehicles, while parking lot operators are starting to charge oversize fees to accommodate behemoth SUVs and trucks.

SUVs like the Chevrolet Suburban and Ford Expedition and pickups like Fiat Chrysler’s Ram are examples of popular vehicles that have grown in size in recent years, testing parking limitations.

While home garages are getting tighter and tighter, public parking garages and public parking spaces are also feeling the pinch.

Who among us hasn’t been driving through a shopping center parking lot and seen massive SUVs and pickups hanging several feet past the end of the space?

“The parking spots aren’t big enough,” Sonic Automotive’s Dyke said. “The parking garages aren’t big enough to deal with all the cars that are coming out.”

Ford Bronco Ford; are you listening? ef-ab52951135a3-Kristen_Trevinos_Ford_F-150_picku

Trevino, the Dallas area resident whose F-150 doesn’t fit into her garage, said she’s personally experienced the frustration associated with the size of her pickup.

“My truck is really big,” she said. “Trying to maneuver into a space totally sucks. If you go to the mall and it’s really crowded, looking for a spot is a huge factor. I really have to spend time searching.”

At parking garages, it’s particularly problematic if they have low-hanging ceilings and tight turns.

Parking.com, the consumer brand of publicly-traded parking and transportation provider SP Plus, is beginning to adjust its business to deal with larger vehicles. The company is already charging oversize fees for large SUVs and trucks in some lots, particularly in New York, said Jeff Eckerling, chief growth officer of SP Plus.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2020/03/05/suvs-pickups-trucks-garages-parking/4904811002/
I'm sorry, but as informed as I am on automotive standards and architecture minor (plus grandson of two contractors), I call BULLSHIT on this.

How in the fuck did we manage in the 20th century, parking land yachts? Well, the spaces were made big enough to fit vehicles and garages I guess in most cases, were detached units.

There was no point having a garage, if it couldn't fit the family wagon.

Newer public accommodations have a habit of not planning well enough for sizable parking for large vehicles, because of the lack of foresight by developers.

Not everyone drives a Focus or an Escape, yet this happens.

I say this as the owner of 3 Raptors. 2019 is easier to park, SuperCab Raptor 6.2 is manageable, 2014 Super Crew is hell on earth navigating in tight areas.

I wouldn't even touch a dually F-450 from what I've seen as so called parking spaces.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I say this as the owner of 3 Raptors. 2019 is easier to park, SuperCab Raptor 6.2 is manageable, 2014 Super Crew is hell on earth navigating in tight areas.
Why is the 2019 easier to park? Better turning radius or something?
Sponsored