First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Cactus Green looks a lot like Cement in real photos, no?
Here’s a comparison of my Cement Tacoma and a real world photo of Cactus Green.

D5D5CFA1-BD6F-497F-854C-A9D879EA6EF3.jpeg
EDA84322-0AEF-40F1-A883-314C55BDDDF5.jpeg
That's a nice looking Tacoma . Before the news of the Bronco drooped I was looking at Gladiators and the Tacoma . I was leaning toward a decked out Tacoma . The Cement is sort of a clear coated primer grey . It has just a hint of pearl that gives a nice effect in the sunlight but is definitely grey . From what I've seen in videos and the painted cans the Cactus "Green" is just that , it has a hue of light green to it .
Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's a nice looking Tacoma . Before the news of the Bronco drooped I was looking at Gladiators and the Tacoma . I was leaning toward a decked out Tacoma . The Cement is sort of a clear coated primer grey . It has just a hint of pearl that gives a nice effect in the sunlight but is definitely grey . From what I've seen in videos and the painted cans the Cactus "Green" is just that , it has a hue of light green to it .
Thanks! I’m going with Cactus or Area 51. I want something that’s a little louder than usual, but I really don’t like the Cyber School Bus.

Six Miles South

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw a Calvary Blue Taco today and said that looks awesome! I drove home to compare photos of it to Area 51 photos (on the Sport). But honestly, the A51 isn’t doing it anymore. I am looking at CG. I really want one of the blues from the vintage models. For whatever reason, the guys at Ford never called to ask my opinion ?

BearWithMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Im thinking Area 51 and Calvary Blue will be almost the same color. I think Area 51 will have a slightly different tint and be a shade lighter but thats about it. Its so hard to tell in pictures I can't wait to see some of these colors in person.

What do you guys think?

Screenshot_20200906-094453_Samsung Internet.jpg

20190110224220464_IMG_3956.jpg
I've been thinking the same thing since I first saw the Bronco colors -- they are extremely similar colors. Toyota's Cavalry Blue is too much like denim for me. A51 has a tiny bit more gray (and maybe green) but is still too close to denim. Wish A51 was a honest-to-god teal.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was hoping Area 51 was going to be more like the Tacoma Cement color .:(

cement.jpg
Cactus Gray seems to be just a lighter shade of Concrete. I think the green and blue hues we've seen in videos/photos so far are probably misleading.

Personally I'm tired of white/black/gray/silver EVERYWHERE. Seems 95% of automobiles on the road today are one of those shades. I'd like to see color back in the automotive market. Like one of the other commenters said on this thread, I wish Ford had been more daring and brought back some of the original Bronco colors.

I think A51 is more gray/muted than Toyota's Calvary Blue, in a good way. I think it's my favorite.

Sponsored
OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was thinking Toyota's Heritage Blue might be closer to Area51 as it has more Gray in it.
Ford Bronco Ford Area 51 vs Toyota Calvary Blue? area-51-bronco-sport-outer-banks-4-

Ford Bronco Ford Area 51 vs Toyota Calvary Blue? area-51-bronco-sport-outer-banks-4-

I think you're right. Looks very similar. The more I see Area 51 the more I know my decision to go Antimatter is on point.

The more I see samples of Antimatter the more I love it. The more I see of Area 51 the more I dislike it. ?‍♂

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think you're right. Looks very similar. The more I see Area 51 the more I know my decision to go Antimatter is on point.

The more I see samples of Antimatter the more I love it. The more I see of Area 51 the more I dislike it. ?‍♂
Antimatter Blue would look great with a white top. Good look on Jay Leno's Dark Blue Bronco.
IMG_1467-1024x768.jpg

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Antimatter Blue would look great with a white top. Good look on Jay Leno's Bronco.
Ford Bronco Ford Area 51 vs Toyota Calvary Blue? IMG_1467-1024x768
I'm actually going the opposite route. All blacked out. Which will be easy with Base + Sasquatch since everything in that package is all blacked out. My Bronco will look dark and sinister.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Something about that Calvary Blue I have never liked. I guess it's because I like my blues to really pop. Calvary is very bland IMO. Just like Ford Performance Blue. Just a blah shade of blue.

Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Surprisingly, you don't get many negative reactions to Cavalry Blue in person. Quite a few folks go out of their way to ask about the color and say they like it. I like it, but it isn't for everyone.

I had forgotten about Heritage Blue. It does have more gray and could be a closer match to A51.

I'm still on the fence. I had swung toward AB but I'm debating about how dark it will be over time.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I like Area 51 but probably going with Cactus Gray. As it'll match my other two 4 x 4 's.
20200807_192255.jpg

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like Area 51 but probably going with Cactus Gray. As it'll match my other two 4 x 4 's.
Ford Bronco Ford Area 51 vs Toyota Calvary Blue? 20200807_192255
Cactus Grey will be much lighter then your current vehicles.
Sponsored