Ford Bang and Olufsen Sound System Reviews

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the B&O systems are good but overall quality seems to very from vehicle to vehicle. I'm an audiophile and wouldn't hesitate to get the system unless I had plans to build my own custom system(not worth it IMO). The Raptors systems rocks, the expeditions system is great, the mustangs and rangers are good. They all have great balance and stage presence but the drive quality is still not what you'd get with aftermarket.
Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'll go B&O because I really don't want to mess with electrical. I had an alarm put in a Durango when they first went to multiplexing and it fried my entire electrical system. My Dodge dealer and alarm installer teamed up to replace the electrical system.

I haven't had an open air car in a long time and my music preference hasn't changed in 20 years. I hope it doesn't look too bad if people can hear me blasting Rock the Bells radio. I might have to ask the kids to make me a playlist.

Jeka

First Name
Jeka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Max
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a 19 F150 no CD slot and I dont have the sub higher option and I think its fine
I guess if you pull central bezel trim you will find a while tape and CD slot behind it, which you can potentially enable through FORScan :) Some folks on Expedition forum with 2019 models were looking for 2018 trim pieces :)
IMO not worth going LUX to just get the stereo upgrade.
Agreed

96ExplorerSport

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What are the specs on the standard base sound system?
I am concerned that without the "additional sound deadening" included in the High package, the bronco might be loud, requiring high audio volume to hear music, and I want it to sound decent.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m anxious to see these 10 speaker locations. I know 2 are on the roll bar in the back. Considering the doors come off, I’d imagine ford tried to keep most of the speakers off the doors so that should get rid of door rattle issues.
There may not actually be 10 locations. Some speakers use dual cones, so a dual cone speaker would be considered 2 speakers.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My wife loves the upgraded Harman Kardon audio in her current vehicle.

To get the upgraded audio in the Bronco would add a handful of features she would not care about.

If it turned out that the B&O system is not a great upgrade, that could trim a lot of the fat out of the price of a possible Bronco for us, which would make it closer to achievable budget wise.

I'd never upgrade the audio on a new car. Dealers love to blame any aftermarket electrical components as the source of ANY electrical problem with the vehicle. It's not hard to Google up stories on forums of people having a hard time because they swapped a few incandescent bulbs to aftermarket LEDs.
The newer cars are harder and more costly to upgrade. In Ford's case, is was easier when they had the Sony system. As people over on Raptor Forums found out when upgrading an 18 with B & O, the signal is different requiring as I recall a $1600 converter before you even get started.

newkiddontheblock

Outer Banks
First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My old 2 door Wrangler had the 9 speaker Alpine system with the sub in it. One of my favorite things to this day was cruising with the top off while blasting my favorite tunes. I LOVED that sound system. Ford's premium sound system is the Bang and Olufsen 10 speaker system with a subwoofer. This is found on various Ford models and appears to only be available in the "LUX Trim" on the Bronco. I was curious to see what people thought of this sound system to figure out if it would be worth the investment. Initial reviews that I have found online have been extremely underwhelming. Many people are claiming that in the F150 the sound system is very quiet and lacks any bass. Does anyone know if this is limited to the F150 or does anyone have their own opinions of the system?
I have a Bang and Olufsen Soundsystem in my 2019 Ford edge and it sounds really good the subwoofer is just as good as an aftermarket and the speakers are placed well I also am a DJ so I have an ear for sound. I am definitely going to get the upgraded system when I order my bronco. Its very loud too I never go past 20 out of 30 and I like my music loud.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a Bang and Olufsen Soundsystem in my 2019 Ford edge and it sounds really good the subwoofer is just as good as an aftermarket and the speakers are placed well I also am a DJ so I have an ear for sound. I am definitely going to get the upgraded system when I order my bronco. Its very loud too I never go past 20 out of 30 and I like my music loud.
I was looking at the order guide for the 21 F-150 and noticed they have a new "B & O unleashed" system with 18 speakers available. Does't look like Bronco offers that one yet.

OP
OP
Dirty Bronco

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Appreciate the honesty Chrispy

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My F150 Platinum has the B&O system.
It's got a 9-channel 1,000 watt amplifier going through a 10-speaker setup, which includes 4 midwoofers and a subwoofer in the rear. It's a great system but I don't have my Bass set for thumping loudly through the truck. Im positive some aftermarket systems are far superior, but there are plenty inferior as well.

Sponsored

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Two things I've found with my wrangler are:
(1) the stock non-alpine system was so terrible that I had to upgrade immediately. The car I wanted didn't have the alpine option so I did everything aftermarket (mid-range stuff-- pioneer HU, JL components, Kicker sub) and for about 1600 bucks installed have an amazing system. That may be the route I go with Bronco because I just don't want the other stuff in the Lux package. Unless it's cheap.
(2) the most surprising thing is how quiet my system is with the top off. Someone warned me about this and I just didn't believe it. But at volume 20, with the top on, my car really slams. But with the top off, it's barely loud enough for me at that level.

I like the look of factory so would like to use the existing standard head unit with 12 inch screen. For those of you who have modified other ford non-BO systems, you think I'd have success maybe just upgrading the fronts to nicer components (maybe a small amp too) and adding a sub/amp in the back? That's what I'm thinking if this head unit and SYNC and all of that are otherwise ok.

I agree with other comments that this won't be a good environment for some super high end audio. But I still have to keep it somewhat gangster and will need to add some real bass!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I like the look of factory so would like to use the existing standard head unit with 12 inch screen. For those of you who have modified other ford non-BO systems, you think I'd have success maybe just upgrading the fronts to nicer components (maybe a small amp too) and adding a sub/amp in the back? That's what I'm thinking if this head unit and SYNC and all of that are otherwise ok.

I agree with other comments that this won't be a good environment for some super high end audio. But I still have to keep it somewhat gangster and will need to add some real bass!
There was quite a bit of discussion on Raptor Forums about this. It appears that the B & O system is less friendly to upgrades than the old Sony systems were. I think you're OK with just speaker upgrades, but when you start adding amps is where the problems begin. There is some sort of converter required that if I recall correctly was about $1600 at the time and the only one on the market. That was 2 years ago, so things may have improved since.

Mchong75

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have B&O in my Audi Q5 and I love the sound quality. However, this is a 18 speakers and a sub.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hmm - am going to have to call Crutchfield about amp options in line with a factory ford 6 speaker stereo. Speakers should be straight forward. Sub placement is a different challenge tho
Sponsored