First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was looking at the order guide for the 21 F-150 and noticed they have a new "B & O unleashed" system with 18 speakers available. Does't look like Bronco offers that one yet.
Oh wow, it says 10 speakers for the bronco I can see 3 in the upper dash area and 2 behind the back seats I wonder where the over ones are.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh wow, it says 10 speakers for the bronco I can see 3 in the upper dash area and 2 behind the back seats I wonder where the over ones are.
I suspect the 2 in the back and the 2 in the front corners are dual cone. Those would be considered 2 each. There's also a sub in the cargo area for a total of 10.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My buddy has the B&O in his Super Duty. It sounds decently OK. It's depends how much of an audiophile you are. It is worth it as a standalone option? Probably. Worth it if it's stuck to a package and you don't really care about the rest of the things that come in the package.... I'm gonna have to say no.

But then again maybe It's a Bronco spec B&O system and it actually kicks ass.
Also depends on what you're playing...
Shitty MP3's or terrible record engineering or FM radio is gonna sound terrible no matter what the system is.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I suspect the 2 in the back and the 2 in the front corners are dual cone. Those would be considered 2 each. There's also a sub in the cargo area for a total of 10.
A lot of systems use a center channel as well.

BigLig

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What I find concerning is the reports of muddy sound at volume. In an open air vehicle, volume is needed in most situations. Top and doors off, to here is not much to generate acoustic. System would need a good EQ to allow to clean the mud at volume.

Sunchaser99

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The sound system upgrade seems almost mandatory to me. B and o is a highly respected audio company and have faith in their product. It beats The hassle of having to install a custom system IMO. I am concerned over ratting however. If you need more bass you can always add another Stand alone Amp/subwoofer.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I never own a vehicle or a house without a full-blown system, but with the limited room of the 2 door Bronco, I figured I may just get the B&O and learn to be a grown-up. I went to my dealer and listened to a Ranger B&O and was very disappointed. Low volume, no bass, and poor clarity. If I were blindfolded you couldn't convince me it was a premium radio.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I never own a vehicle or a house without a full-blown system, but with the limited room of the 2 door Bronco, I figured I may just get the B&O and learn to be a grown-up. I went to my dealer and listened to a Ranger B&O and was very disappointed. Low volume, no bass, and poor clarity. If I were blindfolded you couldn't convince me it was a premium radio.
Is the Ranger B&O 10 speakers as well? I think if you're an audiophile, 95% of factory systems won't sound good lol. My buddy is one and said the only system that impressed to date was the Meridian in the Ranger Rover.

Reactions: RX8

OC4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Will the base system be any easier to upgrade with the existing head unit? Some manufacturers make it almost impossible to upgrade....

False

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Also depends on what you're playing...
Shitty MP3's or terrible record engineering or FM radio is gonna sound terrible no matter what the system is.
To add to this, Sirius XM that is standard on all of these cars that have upgraded sound systems broadcasts at too low of a bit rate to actually utilize the system. I have B&O in my 2018 F150 and it is very noticeable switching between MP3/high quality digital streams and SXM. With the right source my sound system can put out some pretty impressive sound both in bass and overall depth and fine detail. But at the same time I often just default to listening passively to SXM and going about my drive, so I rarely get my “money‘s worth.” With the Bronco I simply don’t see it being worth needing to have a high trim and several package upgrades to get it.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is the Ranger B&O 10 speakers as well? I think if you're an audiophile, 95% of factory systems won't sound good lol. My buddy is one and said the only system that impressed to date was the Meridian in the Ranger Rover.
Yes, it is 10 speaker. Obviously we don't know if they will be the same spec and while I am an audiophile, but am not comparing it to an aftermarket setup. Not sure whats going on here as there have been some good reviews. Maybe they spec'd the Ranger cheaper and the Bronco being a more premium build will get a higher spec. I would like to hear what others have to say by going and listening to a Ranger B&O.
Sponsored