First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One thing I like about the Jeep Alpine system is it adjusts the sound profile/output based on if the hard top is on or soft top/top off. I am not an audiophile but for an open air truck I think the Alpine is very good. Hopefully the B&O is as good in the Bronco.

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have B&O in my Audi Q5 and I love the sound quality. However, this is a 18 speakers and a sub.
Yeah, and B&O is also the upgrade system for the Mercedes. So kind of shocking to hear of pure sound quality when Merc is using them.

Psybako

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion, Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's also entirely possible in many situations to modify the stock subwoofer boxes to accept shallow mounting depth subs and run an amp using line level converters off the rear speakers for a source to a discrete sub amp. Case in point, my former SVT Focus...
Ford Bronco Ford Bang and Olufsen Sound System Reviews New sub.JPG

Sponsored

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can’t really add anything to the B&O discussion. There are some drop in audio upgrades for newer vehicles that use factory connectors. I know Kicker has sub options for F150’s.

Unless the price is crazy, I’m planning to get Lux regardless. Adaptive cruise makes road trips a lot more enjoyable, and you get the two charge points on the dash behind the accessory bar if I’m reading the package content correctly. Heated steering wheels are nice if you get cold weather where you’re at. Wireless charging is a nice plus too - I’ve got a work phone that I always neglect to plug in. It usually gets charged to and from work.

jimmycarter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
328xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're correct ... thank you for that!
My wife has it and it sounds amazing, but that's probably due to the fact that her car is dead silent inside even at highway speeds. That's part of the reason why I'm unsure about paying for it in the bronco, seems a bit like pissing in the wind ?

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My wife has it and it sounds amazing, but that's probably due to the fact that her car is dead silent inside even at highway speeds. That's part of the reason why I'm unsure about paying for it in the bronco, seems a bit like pissing in the wind ?
That's a good point and why I was looking at a C-Class, not too long ago, for the quiet cabin with the top down. That's all going to change with this rig ??

Sponsored

jimmycarter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
328xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a good point and why I was looking at a C-Class, not too long ago, for the quiet cabin with the top down. That's all going to change with this rig ??
Between the roof off, doors off, and the m/t tires, I'll be happy if I can hear the radio at all. ?
Just need to make sure the volume goes to 11.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Bang and Olufsen Soundsystem in my 2019 Ford edge and it sounds really good the subwoofer is just as good as an aftermarket and the speakers are placed well I also am a DJ so I have an ear for sound. I am definitely going to get the upgraded system when I order my bronco. Its very loud too I never go past 20 out of 30 and I like my music loud.
How many watts of RMS and peak power does the B&O system in your Edge have? Hopefully the Bronco system will have more powerful amp(s) in consideration of having the roof and doors off.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

1st, I have never seen an 8 inch subwoofer that delivers what i craze in an audio system! 2nd, I STRONGLY doubt Ford has done ANY acoustic mapping on the Bronco to make the high end sound system work for the money we pay. When huge car companies sign a contract with an audio company they normally get a system that's just a drop in, and go to the cheaper end(for them).

For example, Land Rover does acoustic mapping and their Harmon Kardon system is way above the quality of the same system you find in the Alfa Romeo Stelvio. night n day.

I suggest you upgrade with an aftermarket sound system, not for the money but for the quality.

solo mis dos centavos

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been initially disappointed with a few of the "high end" factory systems in new cars that I have purchased, but I have found that after finding some recommended baseline settings online and working from there, I can get them to sound pretty decent. It also seems that they get a bit better over time, so maybe there is some speaker break in involved.

My favorite factory systems have been the HK in my Charger Hellcat and the Alpine in my JKU Wrangler. Most disappointing was the HK in my F80 M3. Most surprising was the Fender in my MK7 GTI. I don't think any of these are going to be great compared to quality aftermarket, but it is worth it to me to not have to mess with the electronics on a brand new car.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For what it's worth, almost all these high grade brand names in car audio that have home audio counterparts are manufactured by Harman International now owned by Samsung. So, Ford's B & O system is not manufactured by Bang & Olufsen, but rather Harman. Interesting though is that the sound quality is different among the systems. I had Harman Kardon in a BMW X3 and now B&O in a Audio Q5. The B&O is far superior. Although I couldn't say if it was equipment and/or vehicle interior.

I believe that most of the upgrade systems also use DSP and multiple speakers to over come interior deficiencies. Another reason for multiple speaker locations in even the basic systems is that it's a lot less cost for a few extra speakers to increase volume output then the cost of a quality high output amplifier and speaker that can handle the higher output.

Me, I'm going for aftermarket where I can get quality and volume.
Harman was a good brand back in the day. They've bought out most of the big brands. JBL was a leading brand in the 70's. Infinity was used in Chrysler vehicles in the early 90's. Revel is used in Lincolns. Mark Levinson in Lexus and many other brands.
Sponsored