Sponsored

Ford becomes "Official Vehicle" of King of the Hammers; does this mean Bronco will be there?

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Ford becomes "Official Vehicle" of King of the Hammers; does this mean Bronco will be there? 93F9BD9B-6800-4A1E-9150-3FE52E31AE43
Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How many IFS trucks or SUVs in the past few years have had Long Arms and long travel independent suspension? Not many.

you act like this is the same IfS system that’s on the Ford Escape. Its definitely not. And yes many Jeep circle jerk guys that will always till they die rock a wrangler. It’s a cult. The biggest auto cult in the world.

yes rock crawling it’s almost exclusively SFS and 90% are Jeeps. However go to a back woods trail or dune or beach or mud pit and it’s a melting pot of every type of truck and suv. And most are IFS because Jeep is the only non commercial vehicle that has a SFS built in the last 25 years.
ah, no, it’s not a melting pot. The mud pits are almost exclusively SFA. Either 3/4 ton,keeps, sfa swap, or older sfa 1/2 ton rigs. That is my intended use, hence desire for sfa. All the lifted chevy’s you see? Notice how they’re so clean and running all this pretty shit? It’s pretty because that 1500 or 2500 can’t do shit off road with those 37s without breaking down.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’m just curious if the Bronco will have any problems getting to a 0° approach and departure angle with how the wheels are inside the body vs then sticking out on the Jeep. If you want to get serious about crawling, that’s an upgrade that you’re going to want. (My buddy just did it on his rig)

Blue one:
Ford Bronco Ford becomes "Official Vehicle" of King of the Hammers; does this mean Bronco will be there? 93F9BD9B-6800-4A1E-9150-3FE52E31AE43
Stack up enough wheel spacers and you can get around that problem.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

the portion I watch commented over and over again on how IFS is just as capable as solid axles cost aside. as you said only top teams can afford IFS but why would they choose that if it puts them at a disadvantage?

I don't really have skin in the game a stick or IFS will do just fine for my needs that said I've been though JV many times along with Rubicon and a few other CA/NV gems.

They choose it as a trade off. They choose it because they can go faster in those sections, but give up being better in the rocks. KOH is a timed event, not first across the line. The two have different driving styles(mentioned during the broadcast) and they explained that the IFS takes more throttle and different lines because of the way it acts on the rocks, which in turns tends to be much more prone to breakage. 3rd lap was the best example, IFS cars winching within 50' of the rock trail despite bouncing off the rev limiter. SFA shows up to the same trail and it just wriggles and bounces his way through, bouncing off the rev limiter also but not needing to winch the whole way through. Just for the record all the IFS cars, that were leading, broke but not all due to them being IFS. (i.e steering, engine, driveshaft). Another note to take from KOH this year is Erik Miller. he has done a lot of R&D on making that SFA WORK in the high speed stuff and it shows, watch Byler go through that stuff at the end ……. he is FLYING !!! So more to my point its not that SFA is better, it is a lot more practical (my opinion). Easier and cheaper to modify and much more capable on the rocks where it counts the most (to me).

In the end I will own a bronco as most of us here, IFS will be the daily driver, SFA it will be working the trails HARD and be a daily driver. Enthusiasts like myself will give the Bronco its reputation so the mall crawlers can say "see what mine can do" to all their Wrangler buddies. I think Ford knows this and I have a feeling that we might see a Bronco in the next few months but after the initial hit and come summer time we will see another release. :wink:

This is how you will chip away at the Wrangler's supremacy. If I am wrong about all this then I can't wait till next years KOH and we will see just how a stock IFS can handle spooners after this year being the Ford Bronco sponsored KOH. just my 2 cents

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Replace "Pain" with "fucking IFS vs SFA arguments" and you got it

I believe that is what he is trying to say.:crackup: we are in the KOH tread not the what do you want for navigation thread.

as I duck from the chairs being thrown at me :clap::like:

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
there seems to be something very similar between all of the vehicles that weren't built by some engineering team with unlimited funds. But I can't quite stick my finger on what that may be. I'm sure that there is a solid reason though as to why. Maybe if I went to KOH to see it live I would be able to figure it out.
Sponsored