First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What to believe? Got an email from ford last week that mine bronco had been built and shipped. Dealer called and said it went RAIL to VA and they should have it next week! I was excited!!

HOWEVER just received this email referenced above with my VIN saying its still on DIRT MOUNTAIN
Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 2.05.57 PM.png

I don't know whose information to trust! I was ecstatic at the thought it was coming next week but this email make me nervous....but hey maybe they will ship me two broncos and only charge me for one! ;)

"id":"3477 ","vin":"1FMEE5DPXMLA79396","receiptDate":"2021-03-10","releaseDate":"2021-09-13","etaStartDate":"2021-09-24","etaEndDate":"2021-09-30","productionDate":"2021-07-15","shipmentDate":"2021-09-14","transitDate":"14",

Well based on what I see it was shipped on the 14th and should arrive by the 30th at the latest.
Sponsored

ApexNCBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
The Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
"id":"3477 ","vin":"1FMEE5DPXMLA79396","receiptDate":"2021-03-10","releaseDate":"2021-09-13","etaStartDate":"2021-09-24","etaEndDate":"2021-09-30","productionDate":"2021-07-15","shipmentDate":"2021-09-14","transitDate":"14",

Well based on what I see it was shipped on the 14th and should arrive by the 30th at the latest.
That’s awesome!!! Thank you. That was the most details I have received since I ordered on 7-13-2020!!

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

8/13 blend
Nov MIC replacement

Looking like a Dec delivery.
When does MY22 Production start?

Last edited:

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Got mine this am:

620 is scheduled to have its hardtop roof replaced in November based on your production date and prioritization of oldest units first.

So November.
Wish me luck

X

Alexy.Bujold

Wildtrak
First Name
Alexy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Woah! A Blend Date of 05/12?
I was under the impression that only Dealer Demo's were build in May with Retail Orders starting the middle of June (of which the first person we know of is a 06/14 Blend).

If you dont mind do you mind sharing your VIN via DM or on here?

If you truely are a 05/12 you are 100% a September.
Ford Bronco Ford begins sending Hardtop Replacement emails to Bronco customers today Screenshot_20210921-094119_Samsung Internet

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Look, I don't believe that Ford is doing these top replacements in FIFO, they might be making an effort to do so... However, when a 7/15 production Bronco has shipped before the 6/30 crew, it's obvious that they are not doing these by FIFO.

I do believe that the emails were sent FIFO by Ford and that Ford intends to clear Dirt Mountain as quickly as practical. I also believe that Ford is ahead of schedule, which makes the October and November projection dates meaningless. I would not be surprised if Ford cleared Dirt Mountain before early November.

It's unclear as to what is really going on and whether the emails track with reality.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That’s awesome!!! Thank you. That was the most details I have received since I ordered on 7-13-2020!!
This is how my situation looks in the same tracker... Hopeless.

id: 1347
Vin: 1FMDE5CP2MLA76229
ReceiptDate: 2021-05-04
ReleaseDate:
EtaStartDate: 1990-01-01
EtaEndDate: 1990-01-01
ProductionDate: 2021-08-05
ShipmentDate:
TransitDate:

Built 8-05-2021, which although I didn't get an Email is a projected November replacement (I am willing to bet).

Alexy.Bujold

Wildtrak
First Name
Alexy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thing is, my dealership told me my built wasnt going to be ready before 2022 and they offered me a similar one they reserved for one of their employees who didn't wanted it in the end (he switched from a wildtrak to a big bend instead) got my Vin and my window sticker for a while now but nothing seems to move.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Look, I don't believe that Ford is doing these top replacements in FIFO, they might be making an effort to do so... However, when a 7/15 production Bronco has shipped before the 6/30 crew, it's obvious that they are not doing these by FIFO.
One reason I can think of that this may be wrong is based on destination. It has been mentioned many times that vehicles could sit for some time waiting for a full batch to a destination. This will obviously favor those in large areas with many dealers. So, if the 6/30 customer is in the middle of a corn field and only 1 small dealer anywhere close, that customer very well could be waiting longer than the 7/15 customer that lives in a large city.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One reason I can think of that this may be wrong is based on destination. It has been mentioned many times that vehicles could sit for some time waiting for a full batch to a destination. This will obviously favor those in large areas with many dealers. So, if the 6/30 customer is in the middle of a corn field and only 1 small dealer anywhere close, that customer very well could be waiting longer than the 7/15 customer that lives in a large city.
Yeah, there are definitely reasons that this might be happening, but it is a little disingenuous to tell the customers something that really isn't true.

Of course, few customers will be upset with them beating the predicted replacement month, but they cannot possibly hide the fact that there are going to be replacements happening out of sequence for a variety of logistical and production reasons. Much of the angst and anger associated with this could have been avoided by simply adding a sentence that said, something along the lines of:

"due to a variety of logistical and production demands, we cannot guarantee that the tops will be replaced in the exact sequence these vehicles were produced, but we will strive to replace tops as close to the production order as possible without negatively impacting the productivity of the replacement team."

Sponsored

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thing is, my dealership told me my built wasnt going to be ready before 2022 and they offered me a similar one they reserved for one of their employees who didn't wanted it in the end (he switched from a wildtrak to a big bend instead) got my Vin and my window sticker for a while now but nothing seems to move.
When you pull the website sticker is it Blue or Green?

I have a sneaky feeling this is their Dealer Demo unit. Either way I'm rooting for you to get it ASAP!

Alexy.Bujold

Wildtrak
First Name
Alexy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When you pull the website sticker is it Blue or Green?

I have a sneaky feeling this is their Dealer Demo unit. Either way I'm rooting for you to get it ASAP!
It's Blue ! Don't know what it means tho haha might be a demo for sure but eh...as long as I get my rig its all good with me

Clem

Wildtrak
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Got the email today. 8/10 build date, November roof replacement.

AM1217

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited 115 Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Base
SEPTEMBER 22 CUSTOMER COMMUNICATION – ATTACHED

Today we are sending customers awaiting Hardtop roof replacements at Michigan Assembly Plant an email communication with the month we expect the replacement to be completed. Replacements started this month and will continue through November 2021. The order of replacement was determined by the customer’s initial production date and prioritization of oldest units being completed first.

Once a customer’s hardtop roof replacement is complete, they will receive automated notifications when their vehicle has been built with the new hardtop and when it has been shipped from the plant. Both will include a specific date range estimate for arrival to your dealership, accounting for average transit times.

VIN Tracking

Later today your Field representative will be sending a list of your impacted customers and their estimated replacement month. The list is inclusive of VINs awaiting hardtop roof replacement at MAP with an associated customer reservation number.

Key FAQs

• What can a customer do to expedite their hardtop roof replacement and ultimate delivery? Customer hardtop roof replacements were prioritized by the oldest built units being completed first.
  • What steps are being taken to ensure customers’ Bronco units are in top condition after waiting at the Michigan Assembly Plant for a roof replacement? Ford has procedures to ensure that vehicles sitting on the lot remain in good condition. Vehicles are regularly started and repositioned. Vehicles will also undergo a rigorous inspection prior to leaving the factory.

EDIT: Help out our fellow brother with the Tracker!

B6G DIRT MOUNTAIN TRACKER REQUEST:
  • With Today's official Ford emails going out giving Dirt Mountaineers an Estimated Roof Replacement Date (and by that... we mean month) we've updated the tracker so y'all can input your communicated targets. This will help us narrow down Early-Mid-Late month replacements as 31 days is a long time! PLEASE GO BACK INTO THE TRACKER AND UPDATE ONCE YOU RECIEVE YOUR EMAIL
So did Ford ever announce who is making the hard tops? I thought they fired Webasto because of their screw ups. Even Now the pics of the new one is crooked lines. I though Ford said molded in color . To me that means it's a solid piece of plastic. But it's not it layered the way I see it . Am I missing some info some where. I feel like we were miss led by Ford how they are made.

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's Blue ! Don't know what it means tho haha might be a demo for sure but eh...as long as I get my rig its all good with me
I'm rusty on the ins and outs but typically dealer demos need to sit on the lot for 6months before they are able to be sold.

With that being said, I'm not sure if that is 6 months after produced, or 6 months after delivery, or if exceptions are in order with the DM batch.

Either way, I'm sure you're get yours with no issues.
Sponsored