First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
One reason I can think of that this may be wrong is based on destination. It has been mentioned many times that vehicles could sit for some time waiting for a full batch to a destination. This will obviously favor those in large areas with many dealers. So, if the 6/30 customer is in the middle of a corn field and only 1 small dealer anywhere close, that customer very well could be waiting longer than the 7/15 customer that lives in a large city.
Exactly. FIFO might be the general plan, but it can't be done in all cases.
From what I've seen in today's emails the MIC2 completion schedule is based on how long your Bronco has been sitting.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So did Ford ever announce who is making the hard tops? I thought they fired Webasto because of their screw ups. Even Now the pics of the new one is crooked lines. I though Ford said molded in color . To me that means it's a solid piece of plastic. But it's not it layered the way I see it . Am I missing some info some where. I feel like we were miss led by Ford how they are made.
Which pics are you looking at? There were some that it was claimed to be v2, but turned out to be v1. There are a few pics floating around of v2 and from what I've seen the new version looks pretty good. Webasto is making these. Another company will produce the painted MOD top not expected until 2023.

Champ365

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
dont tease me like that haha

*Just received Ford email. Says will be replaced this month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Got this same one today saying this month. 6/28 build date. Imagine it will take some time to get to CA but I’ll be waiting patiently. The end is in sight…..

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, there are definitely reasons that this might be happening, but it is a little disingenuous to tell the customers something that really isn't true.

Of course, few customers will be upset with them beating the predicted replacement month, but they cannot possibly hide the fact that there are going to be replacements happening out of sequence for a variety of logistical and production reasons. Much of the angst and anger associated with this could have been avoided by simply adding a sentence that said, something along the lines of:

"due to a variety of logistical and production demands, we cannot guarantee that the tops will be replaced in the exact sequence these vehicles were produced, but we will strive to replace tops as close to the production order as possible without negatively impacting the productivity of the replacement team."
I think you may be splitting hairs when you say not true. They may have the roof replace and inspection completed and moved on to shipping. That's a bit harder to pin down than top replacement.

Dro

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 Door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Didn't Ford promise an estimated delivery window in September? All we got was an estimated replacement window. Who knows how long after replacement they'll get shipped.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, either they are continuing the lie that replacement order is by original production date or their tracking/notification system is completely useless.

Either way, I'm glad to see some communication is forthcoming. Thanks for sharing!
I find it to be the truth, my Production date is July 22 and my roof is to be replaced in October, according to todays email. This lines up between June Builds (roofs being replaced now in September), and August builds (they should be the November roof replacements).

Last edited:

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It could be they are giving as few specifics as possible based on all the issues they've had and the justifiably negative response they've received.
and what would that be? A communications failure, something so easy to fix if you know what you're doing.

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quality checks, probably get in line after top replacement. Shipping is where the holdup is likely to be. If you happen to be the only customer in a district, yours may be sidelined until enough for a load are finished.
how many in a district? Are you saying shipping can't handle production??

Last edited:

kyle

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

2Dr Big Bend
Build week June 28 -> slipped to August 2, 2021
Sitting on Dirt Mountain
November hard top replacement email received

Wondering if the 2Dr roofs are in shorter supply than the 4dr roofs.

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think we both need to give it a rest. I'm just trying to understand someone's logic that took until now to make himself clear. You seem to just be complaining over and over. 😭
I think you may be splitting hairs when you say not true. They may have the roof replace and inspection completed and moved on to shipping. That's a bit harder to pin down than top replacement.
how do you figure?

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
how many in a district? Are you saying shipping can't handle production??
No, I mean they won't run half empty equipment. It doesn't make economic sense. If they ship by truck, I believe they hold 8 Broncos. If it shipped rail, they'd fill an entire rail car. Not sure how many they hold.
Even with that, shipping could be an issue. There is a severe trucking shortage that's expected to get worse.

XxGearheadxX

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2Dr Big Bend
Build week June 28 -> slipped to August 2, 2021
Sitting on Dirt Mountain
November hard top replacement email received

Wondering if the 2Dr roofs are in shorter supply than the 4dr roofs.
I don't think so.... and a November Replacement tracks if your truck wasn't built till August.