Kris87

Wildtrak
First Name
K
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150
Any smart dealer is not going to risk the penalties. They gave us the penalties today on the broadcast and I certainly wouldn't risk doing anything against the guidelines. The only part that has some gray area for dealers is those consumer who actually do push their order through and then back out. That's not the dealers fault but they did build in some lee way for that kind of thing.

Advertisement

Raptor911

Wildtrak
First Name
Raptor911
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor, 2018 BMW M2
please define backing out. Are you backing out before or after you submit your order? If you back out before you submit your order then I think your order/reservation should cease to exist and thus your bronco is never built and thus Should never become dealer stock.

In my store both myself and my GM have a reservation. We did not order anything for stock. I'm still on the fence if I will follow thru on my order. If I back out it will become dealer stock but that is not our goal.

phishphood

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Clubs

I doubt that would happen. Honestly. Why would a dealership want to fill their friends 1st? They won't make money and they will piss off the public. To me that makes no sense to do that.
and thank you for your honesty and for trying to help us wade through it all. please dont take the frustration and pessimism personally.

NayNay

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Clubs

i appreciate your optimism but why wouldn't they? and how would the general public and customer even know it was happening before the end of q1? by then its too late to do anything. you can either walk away and wait until lot stock availability or deal with extremely late delivery and cut ties after the vehicle is delivered.

maybe there is something in the penalties mentioned that deals with this behavior. as it stands, i just dont see a downside for dealers to push themselves to the front if they get to choose the order of fulfilment.
I can absolutely understand your side. As a person whom works at a dealership and does the finance full time I can tell you at our store we will push our own orders to the back and fill customers orders 1st. Here is why.... I go to work to pay my mortgage and feed my family. Me buying a Bronco does not build a lasting customer to dealership relationship. I work there. My job is the public and who they tell and refer back to us. If we put people off we lose that customer permanently and they tell others to avoid us. There is zero winning side in that. If Ford caught wind of that thru customer feedback there would be hell to pay too. Ford pays us to sell to the public not ourselves. Hopefully that helps some. Every single customer gets a survey and that holds MAJOR weight with Ford and our future orders too.

NayNay

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Clubs

please define backing out. Are you backing out before or after you submit your order? If you back out before you submit your order then I think your order/reservation should cease to exist and thus your bronco is never built and thus Should never become dealer stock.
Backing out after it hits the lot or is being built.

c2one

First Edition
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Clubs

Any smart dealer is not going to risk the penalties. They gave us the penalties today on the broadcast and I certainly wouldn't risk doing anything against the guidelines. The only part that has some gray area for dealers is those consumer who actually do push their order through and then back out. That's not the dealers fault but they did build in some lee way for that kind of thing.
Thank you for the insight you have provided today! What about the question around, dealers pushing friends, family or customers willing to pay more to the front of the 'orders' line - are their penalties or a way to mange that in place?

BroncoJay

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
I don’t think so. I think the big dealers complained and changed the process...so they would do better, because of what small dealers with a high number of reservations did. Otherwise they wouldn’t have said in the FAQs that orders would be built roughly in order of reservation. That’s not the case.
Ya Ford is turning this into a shit show
Way to make an easy process of 1st come 1st serve unto let’s satisfy big ass whiny dealerships ....

NayNay

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Clubs

and thank you for your honesty and for trying to help us wade through it all. please dont take the frustration and pessimism personally.
I'm trying not to. I get told often that I am way too honest. Which again I am trying to help clarify and not upset people. I honestly do not think a dealership is going to do friends and family 1st. That's just stupid.

Kris87

Wildtrak
First Name
K
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150
Thank you for the insight you have provided today! What about the question around, dealers pushing friends, family or customers willing to pay more to the front of the 'orders' line - are their penalties or a way to mange that in place?
I have not heard that and it wasn't addressed today. I'm not sure how it would work if say someone with a very early reservation didn't convert their order until say day 49 of the 50 days given, but I'd have to think they would still be at the front of the line based on the fact Ford is giving 50 days to convert the orders before they even give the dealers allocation. I think most of what you're reading about moving others ahead is hogwash.

Farmerdan

Black Diamond
First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Why are people so worried about what year your Bronco is labeled?

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayenne, Jeep Rubicon
Ford should have expected pessimism, people hate dealers and trust them about as much as politicians. They took a straightforward simple process that was totally fair and revamped it to satisfy dealers. This will almost certainly be a downgrade for many local Bronco fans.

this is just one example of why a a Tesla is kicking legacy auto manufacturers straight in the nuts. They don’t do shit like this.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Clubs

How would it be determined if the customer backed out because of some personal reason, versus a dealer pulling some shenanigans that turned the deal sour?

bdub2you

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mazda6, Tesla Model S
Clubs

Ok so..... I spoke with my Ford rep and how this was explained to me a few days ago is.....
Dealer allocation goes by prior sales. So let's say a small dealership is given 10 for October based on their prior SUV sales. They can pick which 10 reservations to fill in any order. Those will go in 1st and be built and hit the lot late March to early April. Then maybe they have 15 for November and those hit April thru May, and so on down the line. If a customer backs out then that Bronco becomes dealer inventory. I was also told that the Bronco will NOT be considered a specialty vehicle meaning it would qualify for plan pricing, rebates, special rates, etc IF Ford decides to put them out. All reservations get filled prior to additional allotments for dealer stock will happen. However that doesn't and didn't stop dealerships from having reservations for themselves. So a small dealership that may have a ton of reservations and no where near enough allocations to fill them all could end up in a bad spot pushing customers well into 2022 and 2023 for a Bronco. Hope this helps.
It would be moronic of your dealership to "pick which 10 reservations to fill in any order" given the penalties involved in doing so. I'd highly suggest talking to your rep again, specifically about the penalties.

Advertisement

Advertisement