Gamecock

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 FJ Cruiser
Right? Ford has the time stamp and will use it. Why would the dealer have any say on who gets the Broncos sent to them? I fully expect to have my Vin assignment on my Ford account and will be able to track my Bronco through production. I’m not sure why or how a dealer can choose. BTW-Thanks for your level headed honesty tonight.
I don’t know...Ford just changed everything and put power back in the dealer’s hands, so I do believe the other dealers who said that a dealer can decide the order in which their reservation orders are built. Why wouldn’t they, if Ford is changing it to a dealer driven process and not based on reservation order?

Advertisement

Gamecock

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 FJ Cruiser

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma, 2016 Camaro, 2018 Indian
Clubs

I'll give a hypothetical scenario for initial allocation. Let's say I have 500 reservations and I convert all 500. Then I should receive 250 units in my initial allocation(no timeframe on when they may be built though). Let's also say I'm the #5 dealer in the country. 25% of national sales is going to be weighted to give me more allocation based on that fact. The other 25% is going to be given based on Wrangler/4runner sales. So if I'm in a metro market with heavy population(more registrations), then naturally I will also benefit from that fact. After the 40-50 day period is given to convert orders, Ford will notify each dealer of their initial 2021 allocation. This should give each dealer a better idea of how many of their consumers will actually get a Bronco for 2021.
The dealer won’t know the allocation until all orders are in? So, my dealer has about 200 reservations. Let’s say he converts 150, but gets an allocation for 100. Fifty people are getting screwed and have no way of knowing until it’s too late. Is this really how it’s going to work? Tell me what the point of the reservation was for?
Didn’t Seinfeld do a show about this?

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
I truly in my heart believe if any dealership tries to push off customers and not do the right thing that Ford will come down on them hard. I have seen it happen. I can understand allowing flexibility to the orders for specific situations. I think my honesty is being taken to an extreme. I apologize for that but I take a lot of pride in being straightforward with everyone since dealers already have a bad reputation. I truly cannot imagine a dealership ruining their reputation and customer relationships over picking and choosing who gets what and when. That's cutting your nose to spite your face.
I hope you are right, but I also suspect it will be too easy for dealers to do without it being obvious. No process is perfect, but I really hope Ford finds a way to improve on what has been communicated. Still a couple months, so here are fingers crossed!

BroncoChicken

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
I’ve always thought the threats to not buy because of “this” reason or “that” feature were a little over dramatic. But if this is truly how the reservation system is going to be used, where the dealers that deserve the “stealership” moniker are rewarded more than the dealers that are trying to do right by the customer, then I’m probably going to wait and buy one in a few years. This is a want, not a need. And I definitely don’t need the headache of dealing with a business acting like it’s their duty to screw over paying customers. I’d rather let my spot with Granger go to someone who can’t or doesn’t want to wait. Bring on the era of direct sales.

bbqbronco

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
The dealer won’t know the allocation until all orders are in? So, my dealer has about 200 reservations. Let’s say he converts 150, but gets an allocation for 100. Fifty people are getting screwed and have no way of knowing until it’s too late. Is this really how it’s going to work? Tell me what the point of the reservation was for?
The way our trusty sasquatch explained it is: the more fulfilled reservations, the more allocation. What wasn't clear to me was if that's 1:1 or if they just get an arbitrary number of vehicles.

Gamecock

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 FJ Cruiser
Ford just changed the game. If you’re dealer is small and they don’t put you at the front. You’re screwed.

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q7
I don’t know...Ford just changed everything and put power back in the dealer’s hands, so I do believe the other dealers who said that a dealer can decide the order in which their reservation orders are built. Why wouldn’t they, if Ford is changing it to a dealer driven process and not based on reservation order?
I don’t believe that is what is happening. The dealer Cannot tell Ford what to build and when to build it. Ford is in complete control of the production. You will have your Vin assignment on your Ford account. I read all 26 pages and never read that Ford was changing it to a dealer driven process.

Gamecock

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 FJ Cruiser
I don’t believe that is what is happening. The dealer Cannot tell Ford what to build and when to build it. Ford is in complete control of the production. You will have your Vin assignment on your Ford account. I read all 26 pages and never read that Ford was changing it to a dealer driven process.
Then you didn’t read it all. Dealer submit orders in whatever order they want...Ford suggests it is in reservation order, but dealer controls it. Then, allocations to that dealership are filled in the order that the dealer submitted them...allocations to the dealer are based on a formula rewarding big dealers in big markets with more reservation orders.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Clubs

Yeah it’s really hard to believe that is the case.

I get that’s what Kris and Crispy and Nathan are saying. But Ford is going to screw 30% of folks and they won’t know what’s happening until Ford is elbow deep.

In my case, I reserved the on the 14th. If I order and in Feb. they come back and say I won’t get my Bronco until December and some Joe Schmo down the street reserved in August gets his before me. I’d walk.

the folks that reserved in September, did so with full expectation that they had a late reservation and a possible long wait.
Anyone that reserved first week has every expectation of receiving an early Bronco arrival. Don’t mess this up Ford.

HoosierDaddy

Base
First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos '10 Legacy GT, 85 M1028, 15 Outba
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma, 2016 Camaro, 2018 Indian
Clubs

The way our trusty sasquatch explained it is: the more fulfilled reservations, the more allocation. What wasn't clear to me was if that's 1:1 or if they just get an arbitrary number of vehicles.
Sounds like people who do convert can be punished because of people who don’t. I reserved in the first hour, but potentially could be punished because several people don’t, which I have no control over. While at another dealership, someone who ordered a month after me could get his order filled because his dealer had enough allocations.

I want to know my dealers allocation before I have to place my order with them.

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q7
Then you didn’t read it all. Dealer submit orders in whatever order they want...Ford suggests it is in reservation order, but dealer controls it. Then, allocations to that dealership are filled in the order that the dealer submitted them...allocations to the dealer are based on a formula rewarding big dealers in big markets with more reservation orders.
I’m not sure I’m the one reading it wrong. Show me where you see this information.

Advertisement

Advertisement