EvlNvrDys

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
A. Find the smallest dealer around and be the ONLY reservation, they convert 100% of their reservations (me!) and I get it as long as the commodities exist to build at the factory.
I thought it was 50% to all dealerships so it's FAIR
That means you only get 50% of your reservation.. Let's say the body and interior. Then some time in 2022 you'll get the frame, engine, suspension and tires. That seems like a decent split :p

Advertisement

Southern Girl

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2013 F-150 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you, this makes sense. I am waiting on my dealer to call me back today about the new information. They had trouble accessing the website yesterday - either Ford's website was overloaded, or rural internet strikes again. They have about 500 vehicles on the lot right now and I think they are one of the biggest dealers in our area (I'm rural) without driving two hours away. (Also, I like them and I cannot stand the other dealerships in our area.) They have 100 reservations for Broncos. How does that impact my actual delivery based on what you know?

Additional info: My dealership owner also has a Jeep dealership in the same town. Does this have any influence?

Last edited:

Southern Girl

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That means you only get 50% of your reservation.. Let's say the body and interior. Then some time in 2022 you'll get the frame, engine, suspension and tires. That seems like a decent split :p
In 2023 you finally get your emergency brake lever and the 12" screen.

Mustard

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler 300C, Dodge Ram 1500
It seems a lot of people in here seem to be upset with what I said given the information we received. I've never once told my dealership name, spoke negatively about any other dealership, asked anyone to do business with me, or been rude to one person here. I posted with hopes that people could now make educated decisions about what they were doing. I figured if I posted how dealerships were actually going to receive their Broncos would be helpful. It just turned negative, which seems to happen with pretty much any forum I look at.
Thank you again for the information. After thinking over night, I had a couple of questions.
1. This is the initial allocation. Does that mean there will be a secondary allocation? If so, how long is the initial allocation (is it for calendar year 2021, half the year, etc)
2. I know you stated the formula for initial allocation (50% on orders + (25% sales ranking + 25% registered jeeps/4runners in 'area')). Are dealer allocations capped at 100% of their reservations that are converted to orders?

Lilj4425

First Edition
First Name
Jacob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 2500
Why is there no steering wheel? :mad:

BroncoJay

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
And there you have it. The 1st post of yours I saw (not necessarily your 1st post) I recall you said "we are the 8th largest dealership... I don't want you to switch to us" (probably not verbatim)

That to me sounds like a smug dealership... Yeah we don't need you.

And now you say... "It just turned negative, which seems to happen with pretty much any forum I look at."

Yeah that happens with confusion between different members and different information presented. It's expected considering the topic. In my eyes, you look like the wolf in sheep's clothing here. But hey, I'm just 1 person voicing his opinion. Because that's what WE DO HERE!
I couldn’t agree more

he is one of those whiny dealers that cried thst small dealerships like Granger actually had a good business model!

hey Ford this ain’t fair, why does granger treat people with respect and offer good deals. Ya I know we do the opposite but it isn’t fair! For Chris sakes

Last edited:

BlueBronco

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '13 JKU Moab
I've been reading this post off and on since it was first published this afternoon and I'm pretty sure you guys have completely mixed up and confused the terms.

Reservations: The $100 you spent to say "I am interested" and save my place in line.

Orders: When the reservation holder has to get off the pot and actually commit to buying a new Bronco.

Allocation: The amount of stock inventory the dealer will be able to order AFTER all the reservation orders are placed. Allocation numbers are based on dealer performance.

Time Stamp: Some electronic code Ford has stored in a database somewhere that shows WHEN you PAID for your reservation.

So, by my understanding, the process will go something like this:

Joe Bob Ford received 1000 Reservations. But, to make the math easy, he was only able to convince 500 of those customers to commit to buying a Bronco and placing an order.

Within 50 days of the order process start, the dealer must arrange and enter his 500 customer orders based on the Time Stamp that is somewhere attached to your reservation.

Ford receives those 500 orders, sorts the orders into its existing pile of orders, roughly by Time Stamp, and starts creating VINs to begin the assembly process. The creating of those VINs will not be done EXACTLY by time stamp simply due to logistical differences and parts availability. So, if you Reserved your 2.3 7 speed before I Reserved my 2.7 automatic, but Ford is out of 7 speeds, I may get my Bronco first. I'm sure this is an oversimplification, but you get the idea.

Next, the finished Broncos start being delivered to the dealership, roughly by Time Stamp order but probably not exactly. Joe Bob Ford will continue receiving new Broncos until all of their 500 original orders are filled.

AT THAT TIME, and only AFTER his 500 orders have been filled, will Joe Bob Ford begin to receive his allocation of dealer stock Broncos. Joe Bob Ford should be able to receive an Allocation of at least 250 Broncos, plus his percentage of overall sales, plus his percentage of local Jeep and Taco numbers.

Everyone who has paid for a reservation and placed a valid order will get their Broncos first, before any dealer sees their stock Allocation trucks. The dealer will not be able to gyp you out of your truck and sell it to somebody else without paying a "Severe Penalty", whatever that means.

Larger dealers with high volume in large metropolitan areas littered with Jeeps and Tacomas will get more Broncos allocated to them......eventually. But not until OUR orders are filled.

Make sense?
I can not like /up vote / whatever this post enough. Please people, read the article and then read the this

BonzosBronco

Badlands
First Name
B
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Explorer, RIP 89 Bronco XLT
Been considering switching rez to @Granger Ford before this based on the initial discount offered, but trying to realize all variables (travel, out of state, etc.)

Any thoughts on dealer reservation changes getting pushed out? I thought it was 10/31 and not sure how much wiggle room will be in between that and B&P release.

Southern Girl

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Im not tech savy enough to know how to do that lol
copy the link - go to google and paste the link into the search bar - there is a little triangle next to the title of the first search entry - click the triangle and tap "cached" and the original post pops up

GrizzlyNJ

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Bolt
It seems a lot of people in here seem to be upset with what I said given the information we received. I've never once told my dealership name, spoke negatively about any other dealership, asked anyone to do business with me, or been rude to one person here. I posted with hopes that people could now make educated decisions about what they were doing. I figured if I posted how dealerships were actually going to receive their Broncos would be helpful. It just turned negative, which seems to happen with pretty much any forum I look at.
1) I think everyone appreciates the information you’ve provided (whether they’ll admit it or not). This will help me figure out what to do, if anything, with my reservation so thank you.
2) Don’t take it too personal, people are upset because Ford just changed how we thought this was going to work.
3) That being said, when you say things like “that’s how it should work” it rubs people the wrong way. That’s your opinion because it helps you as a large dealer, it’s not some immutable fact.
4) This was never going to be a “free market” and your use of the term isn’t quite correct. Without the reserve system this market was going to be supply-constrained, artificially driving up price. Reservations gave consumers some power to negotiate and bigger dealers didn’t like it, end of story. No need to dress it up in fancy language.

phishphood

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Clubs

surely you can understand the frustration, though. we went from allocations meaning stock a dealer receives after all reservations are fulfilled, to being how/when a dealer will actually be able to fulfill converted reservations. on top of that, the capability for a dealer to complete their reservations throughout the year is dependent upon a calculation entirely out of the consumer's control.

b6g has a lot of people passionate about the new bronco.

there are definitely some of us here who appreciate the information. good news/bad news, its more informative than anything we (reservation holders) have gotten from ford or their spokespeople.

and of course there are some folks who just dont trust big dealerships at all or like to shoot the messenger.

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Clubs

copy the link - go to google and paste the link into the search bar - there is a little triangle next to the title of the first search entry - click the triangle and tap "cached" and the original post pops up
I would never have figured that out. Thank you for helpin me.

Advertisement

Advertisement