Bronco4lyfe85

Badlands
First Name
William
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Clubs

That is sort of how this works, the numbers which aren't by population, but sales which tends to match population. Little dealers are not hurt by this, they still get their fair share. Dealers that are hurt are the ones trying to get more than their share, if a dealers selling all to their local customers, I think it'll be same delivery times as a big dealer doing the same. Its the ones getting customers from all over the US that are going to end up with longer waits, big or little.
It took 39 pages for a dealer to finally admit it. This was done to hurt dealers taking lots of orders and all it really does is penalize customers and piss them off. Bravo, Ford!

You put your dealers before your customers, awesome customer service approach!

Advertisement

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Clubs

I don't know who @Kris87 is but can say that I appreciate the info on how Ford is intending to handle the allocations. I don't understand how it works but will say that if it works this way, thank you for informing me. Doesn't make me feel good, but it's good to know. I don't think many dealers would put that info out there, as Ford seems to be trying to put the lid on it.
Yeah I don’t think the specifics were supposed to be leaked.

I think the enterprising dealers(granger, Stephens) will be taken care of, but the smaller guys who got a medium amount may be hosed.

North7

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Thus surprising, and disappointing, that only two Dealers have the foresight to drive business to themselves and increase their allocations by doing themselves and us a favor!
Big dealerships didn’t like Honest Joe creeping up into their FUTURE volume of sales and allocated cars for the showroom.
But if this is truly how the reservation system is going to be used, where the dealers that deserve the “stealership” moniker are rewarded more than the dealers that are trying to do right by the customer
It seems Ford had their arm twisted by the Big 10 Ford Dealers, and here is the result:
"We're really trying to have an equitable and fair process for allocating to dealers," LaNeve said."
So Ford can change the rules whenever they want:
Day 1 Reservations were told "Change your reservation anytime", the Ford did an about face and locked it down to Oct 31st.

Reservations were told "Orders will be built by Reservation number. Now Ford changed the build and delivery process to please the Top 10 dealers.

Ford did not want the Bronco launch becoming a train wreck like the Explorer, but I wonder if there are more customer unfriendly changes to come.

D Fresh

First Name
Doug
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Is there a list of Ford dealerships ranked by volume somewhere that might help folks?

My reservation is at what I would guess is a smaller dealership that I have a relationship with. But I live in a metro area with 5-10 Ford dealerships nearby. If moving my res to a "volume dealership" that will also honor X-plan gets me my Bronco sooner than I'm down.

This seems super shady to me. I reserved a 2021 Bronco. Not a 2022.

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
I think I've come to terms with the fact that they're doing this to stick it to the Grangers of the world. That said, my reservation wasn't made until about two weeks ago, so I'm already at the back of the line. I don't really feel like it'll probably impact me too much just because of that.

I had switched to Granger because a) I was saving some money, but b) I appreciated their honesty and transparency. I still think they deserve my business, and probably even more so now. I had toyed with the idea of making another reservation with a local big guy (since 13 days probably won't cost me too much more time and might actually move me up if the big guy gets better allocation), but I think I'd feel bad about backing out on some people who were smart enough to work the system and then maybe got hosed by the big boys. Count me in as in for the long haul. That said, if Ford does something else stupid like this, those new Rubicons are nice too...

Chris

buzpro

Black Diamond
First Name
Binky
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Clubs

NOTE to FORD:

did you notice how VW released the new ID4???

https://www.vw.com/pre-order/

reservations, B&P, release dates, dealer allocation and the website all done on Sept 23rd 2020 ..... ALL in ONE DAY. ALL on the SAME DAY.

Maybe Ford management has something to learn here, on how a large company can plan and execute .... after all the financial means and reach of an organization as large as Ford is not the issue, its all about proper management!

Last edited:

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
My head hurts. So I should switch from the smaller dealership to the larger one in the metro area I live in? Is that right?
Not necessarily. Have an honest conversation with the smaller dealership to see where you stack up in their reservation list. Also, does sales price matter or only delivery date? It's an individual decision for everyone... Ford just made it a little more complicated.

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Yeah I don’t think the specifics were supposed to be leaked.

I think the enterprising dealers(granger, Stephens) will be taken care of, but the smaller guys who got a medium amount may be hosed.
Definitely weren't supposed to be shared... Hence the reason Granger was asked to take down the info they had posted.

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
NOTE to FORD:

did you notice how VW released the new ID4???

https://www.vw.com/pre-order/

reservations, B&P, release dates, dealer allocation and the website all done on Sept 23rd 2020 ..... ALL in ONE DAY. ALL on the SAME DAY.

Maybe Ford management has something to learn here, on how a large company can plan and execute .... after all the financial means and reach of a an organization as large as Ford is not the issue, its all about proper management!
It's shipping in 3 months. So yes, Ford could have waited until March 31 to put all this stuff out. I'm sure after all the bs this has caused, they'll go back to the old way.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Here's some food for thought. Ford doesn't want dealers in price wars over Bronco. They have actually made it a high priority for the year to get transaction price higher across all models(reduce rebates). This helps them reduce incentive payout and it's better for the brand altogether if they could actually reduce incentive and have a more true sales price. I think consumers would agree that ridiculously high rebates don't really benefit anyone and it's just marketing fluff. The imports and high lines don't operate under anything close to that model.

Additionally, and please don't hate me for this, but I just want to also throw in large dealer/small dealer and the way I think some of this unfolded. Keep in mind, I'm not on dealer council and neither is my dealer so we had zero input on this process. But a large dealer that invests millions of dollars every year, sells Ford thousands of vehicles per year, was all of a sudden told that none of that really mattered any longer when it came to the Bronco. If they truly went by orders/reservations alone, then a huge price war could be played by pretty much any dealer if they actually were going to give Bronco allocation to any sized store. This doesn't benefit Ford one bit trying to keep the Bronco brand name strong if dealers just dropped every single dollar they could on Bronco pricing. And we all know that's what would happen. So they came up with a formula they thought was beneficial to the stores who worked the system, and the dealers who have had a long time sales history with Ford. Not to mention there are likely plenty of stores nationwide who simply couldn't have handled the volume due to infrastructure. I'm sure all of that played a part.

Does any of that make sense?
The customer doesn’t really care how much money you spent to make Ford and your large dealership tons of money.
You’re saying dealers lowering prices and competing for customers is unfair. (To you and other big dealers, maybe.)
Ford should have let you big dealers just suck it up for the Bronco 2021 reservations.
All of the big dealer allocations, buying power, ad revenue and marketing could have been used in MY 2022 after the reservations were filled.
Essentially the big dealers got their way and Ford changed the process to benefit them to the detriment of the customer.
This is exactly why customers dislike most dealerships and legacy car companies.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma, 2016 Camaro, 2018 Indian
Clubs

Let’s say after the formula is calculated, a dealer has an 80%. When are those 80% to be made? Is it for MY21 or something else? How about the other 20%? I assume Ford wants to fill those as well. Do the remaining 20% have theirs built at a time to be determined later, or do they have their orders canceled and are forced to order through the dealer later?

Lilj4425

First Edition
First Name
Jacob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 2500
Not necessarily. Have an honest conversation with the smaller dealership to see where you stack up in their reservation list. Also, does sales price matter or only delivery date? It's an individual decision for everyone... Ford just made it a little more complicated.
Thanks. It probably also depends on if I stick with the First Edition or downgrade to the Badlands.

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Clubs

I posted with hopes that people could now make educated decisions about what they were doing. I figured if I posted how dealerships were actually going to receive their Broncos would be helpful.
End customers cannot make educated decisions if the process relies on information we don't have. How can I tell the relative size of my dealer? How do I know how their competition is doing in their market? Ford took a simple system and broke it beyond recognition.

Advertisement

Advertisement