Mcfly

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
You don’t even need the $100. For those that have switched dealers can attest, you are refunded your $100 from the original dealer, and your new dealer does not take a deposit. At conversion to order time, no money is required? This sounds great! Just curious though, not that I think it’s possible with the Bronco, but hypothetically speaking, if you could order the most hideous combination of options, with absolutely zero down, and walk away from it, well , sounds like the dealer gets stuck with said abomination?

Advertisement

Vigor

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima 2011
I just sat and read this dumpster fire from start to finish so I could be as informed as possible. Even with context, the situation is still confusing. Lots of contradicting perspectives and "facts."

I say we just have a few beers, cruise into October with grace, let the dust settle for a few weeks.

One thing I didn't see covered, and would love a dealer's insight: is X-Plan, for certain, being honored for 2021 Bronco's, or even more specifically: on First Editions? Or is that still up in the air with everything else?
I like the beer idea 👍

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Clubs

Agreed, if Toyota is paying attention to Bronco at all & starts advertising the reworked 4Runner in the next 60 days it could create a headache for Ford.
All bets are off if Toyota brings back the FJ. That'll take some wind out of the Bronco sail/sale.
2020-Toyota-FJ-Cruiser-concept.jpg

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
One thing I didn't see covered, and would love a dealer's insight: is X-Plan, for certain, being honored for 2021 Bronco's, or even more specifically: on First Editions? Or is that still up in the air with everything else?
It's up in the air. Even if Ford gives the official greenlight for X-Plan, dealers DO NOT have to honor it.

Badlander

Badlands
First Name
Glen
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango
These changes make me want to move my reservation to a large dealer, build the ugliest, most undesirable Bronco possible, then stick them with it to sell and eat the penalty. We could load them up with multiple race red/navy pier units all optioned the same.

Squatch

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Jeep
These changes make me want to move my reservation to a large dealer, build the ugliest, most undesirable Bronco possible, then stick them with it to sell and eat the penalty. We could load them up with multiple race red/navy pier units all optioned the same.
No, if you want to stick it to the bullies, then everyone should move their reservation to a smaller dealership. With the likely possibility that all of the Broncos that Ford will make for 2021 will be ordered by reservation holders, then the only way to show Ford that you won't put up with this is to switch to the smallest dealership you can find near you. It has to be everyone, though. #IamSpartacus 🤪

tyrobronco

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150, 2018 Ford Fusion Energi, 2005 Ford 500
Clubs

2 cents:

I have two reservations. One I made on Day 2 since Day 1 kept crashing.

My brother told me on Day 4 the truck center he works for has D-plan pricing, so I went ahead and made a second reservation there.

The place I am getting D-Plan has said they are looking for a down payment when the order banks are opened. Based on the info in this thread, I will point out I need assurances I am going in the first "order" since everyone can agree tying up a chunk of money for a year+ would be absurd.

I live in an area where there are lots of Jeeps. Neither location is close to the Ford big dogs in the state so who knows how far down the road that pushes me considering the rest of the country...

I just know if I went out and bought a Wrangler, I'd be driving around and then when I saw a Bronco drive by, I'd be like:

Bronco4lyfe85

Big Bend
First Name
William
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Clubs

This has crossed my mind multiple times lmao. I’m thinking blue with blue interior, who would want that monstrosity??

Bronco4lyfe85

Big Bend
First Name
William
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Clubs

With all due respect to all of the community members I will back out of this thread permanently and only take questions on positive things... :cool:

The plan that Ford has put out does not negatively affect our store so we are good with them and will follow their policies...(y)
That’s all I needed to hear.

Boxer4

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot
So, to summarize, those at Granger and Stephens are screwed?
[/QUOTE
No problem. Thought I'd be doing the forum some good if I explained how it was going to work. I didn't swoop in and try and earn anyone's business and I have zero intentions of doing that. I'll quietly exit and let things play out how they may.
I think @Kris87 is trying to explain the updated process which in the disclosures Ford has the right to do. Maybe at this moment @Granger Ford wants to respond, but we should give them the benefit that Ford has closed that down.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma, 2016 Camaro, 2018 Indian
Clubs

My concern is an early time stamp (first night), but I want a mansquatch, which has a delayed production. Will my order go in under the first allocation and be built when it can, or will I be pushed to the rear, even with a very early time stamp.

I don’t mind waiting for the mansquatch, but I expect it soon after they start building them.

SVT_GRL

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 SVT Cobra, 2013 Subaru WRX
Does this means it is a disadvantage to order from a smaller, community dealership? Would I be better off transitioning my reservation to a larger dealer in my area?

BD1

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Does this means it is a disadvantage to order from a smaller, community dealership? Would I be better off transitioning my reservation to a larger dealer in my area?
Yes, unfortunately unless you have an early timestamp. Look at Stephens or Granger if they are somewhat in your area.

Gamecock

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 FJ Cruiser
Those at Granger and Stephens are not screwed. In particular, if you have a time stamp in the first week or so you will be good at both. Plus a better price than at the "top 10" dealers.
I don’t know about that...I’m fist week, but not until Friday of that week, and I would bet I’m not in the top 50% of reservations. I could be wrong, but I think they were very heavily screwed toward the first couple of days.

Advertisement

Advertisement