Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Clubs

Boy your dealer is Wayyyyyy behind the 8 Ball, Bronco6g readers have known that for weeks.
Well aren't you guys a couple of smarty pants then:) Maybe some of us don't have time to read all of G6 posts because we are anxiously refreshing the B&P page. You know, just in case!

Advertisement

den_jkur

First Edition
First Name
Deepu
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Clubs

KobeStyle

Outer Banks
First Name
Garrett
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
370Z
So if I want my Bronco within the first couple months, Galpin Ford in Los Angeles would be the best place to switch my dealer to in SoCal?

Kris87

Wildtrak
First Name
K
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150
So if I want my Bronco within the first couple months, Galpin Ford in Los Angeles would be the best place to switch my dealer to in SoCal?
They'll very likely have the highest allocation of any dealer in California and easily top 5 in the country. I don't know anything about the store other than their sales history so take that fwiw.

ctel23

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Wondering if any one of the above board dealers could chime in.

I recently spoke with each of the dealers that I currently have reservations with and inquired as to the position of my reservation versus their total reservations. Am I xx out of xxx?

Each told me the same thing. They have no idea where any reservation holders reservation currently sits within their store.

Is this true?

mustangfamily03

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Wondering if any one of the above board dealers could chime in.

I recently spoke with each of the dealers that I currently have reservations with and inquired as to the position of my reservation versus their total reservations. Am I xx out of xxx?

Each told me the same thing. They have no idea where any reservation holders reservation currently sits within their store.

Is this true?
I don’t think they want to say one way or the other. Could be true, could be they don’t want to tell you. This has crossed my mind as well. Honestly, I would just look forward to build and price (whenever that comes out), and proceed with your order. We’ll find out the details about reservation/order position in Feb/March. Don’t stress about it. 😇

XCR440

Wildtrak
First Name
Nathan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I can look at my reservations in the program we use to order. In an earlier post I said that it just had date, no time, but I found my reservations in another location (under C&I enrollment program/Bronco reservation to order conversion for any dealers on here) and they do have date and time (and has the 7/13 date correct). This list can be sorted in order or date/time.

Issue with this is it doesn't mean anything, maybe if you're first, but other than that, not usable to guess delivery time.

1st dealers will be able to prioritize in a different order, I'm sure some will have ADM's and get them built first, I'm guessing most will stay in reservation order.

2nd, dealers don't know when they're getting allocations yet. We can assume 1st wave of allocation will be much smaller due to slow production line for ramp up, so first group could be very small number, could be just Mannequin units, we don't know.

3rd, we don't know how the allocation will be dealt out. Originally, I had thought Ford would allocate based on when your reservations were placed (so if dealer had all first day reservations they'd get all their allocations first, if all September, they'd get them for 2022) As time goes on, I'm leaning toward them doing allocation based on total reservations, not factoring reservations time, just looking at how many you have. If the first is correct, it matters more where you are in the total scheme of things, not just the dealer, If its the second, it will only matter where you are in that dealers list, so in my earlier example, if one dealer was all first day and another was all September orders, they'd each start at the same time and last order at the first dealer would still likely be 2022. So you can see there are too many unknowns to give a definitive answer.

Things will be much more solid by the time orders are submitted, but I know people are looking to switch around right now, but I think that's just going to be a guess until November or early December.

EvlNvrDys

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Clubs

Things will be much more solid by the time orders are submitted.
(here is my dick comment for the day).

That one line right there, has to be the FUNNIEST F^^k'in thing I've heard ALL WEEK.

Ford already pushed the reveal back by months because of COVID.

B&P - We have heard anywhere from August, to September, to BY September, then 'BY' September means all of September, to October, with new rumblings of Late October/Early November for the all elusive B&P tool.

Reservations - First it was to be filled 'about' the same order as they were placed to 50% allocation if you multiply the square root of 1,532,632,609 by pi divide by the hypotenuse of an isosceles triangle, and be sure to include your 1st born in order to get your Bronco.

X Plan - Gone from Levine tweeting back in July (I think), without using the exact words, but responding to a tweet asking about x-plan and him saying YES. To just yesterday a dealer says Ford not doing x-plan for Bronco, to some members (linked to dealerships or just in the know) in here saying "Yep, that's what I am hearing", to an 'alleged' phone call to Ford Corporate with a response of Yes to X plan.

So with all that, you still have the balls to say "Things will be much more solid by the time orders are submitted"? Excuse ME if I just don't believe you!!

shieldsy

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT; '17 Alltrack
Ford is aware of the long time frame many are looking at, and they know they need a process to keep the customer informed, but are still being finalized.

It has been a week since Ford communicated the high-level allocation process to the dealerships. Why is there no communication plan deployed yet to the end customers??

Customers have one big lever to pull to impact delivery\cost outcomes (switching dealerships prior to 10\31). That lever became even more important for the timely delivery of an order based on the allocation process Ford is pursing per this thread.

The customer has a right to know!

I don't fault Levine for not being exact when he is on twitter. That is not an official, formal communication channel for Ford. I do fault him and Ford on not better communicating the e2e process to the customers in a way that allows them to make informed decisions.

phishphood

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Clubs

It has been a week since Ford communicated the high-level allocation process to the dealerships. Why is there no communication plan deployed yet to the end customers??

Customers have one big lever to pull to impact delivery\cost outcomes (switching dealerships prior to 10\31). That lever became even more important for the timely delivery of an order based on the allocation process Ford is pursing per this thread.

The customer has a right to know!

I don't fault Levine for not being exact when he is on twitter. That is not an official, formal communication channel for Ford. I do fault him and Ford on not better communicating the e2e process to the customers in a way that allows them to make informed decisions.
they heard you.

Advertisement

Advertisement