shieldsy

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT; '17 Alltrack
they heard you.

I got the email and my first thought was that post worked better than pineapple pizza!

However, nowhere in that email did Ford acknowledge the part of the process to do with dealership allocations and the 10\31 dealer switch date. Not all Ford reservation holders obsess about this vehicle 24\7 and many will be unaware before it is to late and will be at the mercy of the dealership, the manner in which they choose to submit orders and the amount of allocations they are awarded.

What Ford needs is a 'pizza tracker'. A simplified step process with key criteria and decision points. Then identify where each reservation holder is in that process. They need to own the end-to-end process and communication, NOT each separate dealership.

Whoever is in charge of these 'communication' dribbles from Ford....should be performing in a different role. You say you are humbled and grateful by all the reservations.....then lead and act like it!

Create, communicate and manage a transparent, clear, holistic process, Ford!

Advertisement

Gamecock

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 FJ Cruiser
I got the email and my first thought was that post worked better than pineapple pizza!

However, nowhere in that email did Ford acknowledge the part of the process to do with dealership allocations and the 10\31 dealer switch date. Not all Ford reservation holders obsess about this vehicle 24\7 and many will be unaware before it is to late and will be at the mercy of the dealership, the manner in which they choose to submit orders and the amount of allocations they are awarded.

What Ford needs is a 'pizza tracker'. A simplified step process with key criteria and decision points. Then identify where each reservation holder is in that process. They need to own the end-to-end process and communication, NOT each separate dealership.

Whoever is in charge of these 'communication' dribbles from Ford....should be performing in a different role. You say you are humbled and grateful by all the reservations.....then lead and act like it!

Create, communicate and manage a transparent, clear, holistic process, Ford!
I don't think the communication from Ford to consumers is too bad...wouldn't be a problem at all if they didn't brief dealers on with contradictory information. They both can't be right.

shieldsy

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT; '17 Alltrack
I don't think the communication from Ford to consumers is too bad...wouldn't be a problem at all if they didn't brief dealers on with contradictory information. They both can't be right.
IMO, so much is wrong with Ford's communication. Consider:

- They have not communicated anything to reservation holders since 7\14. The first email I received from the mothership since getting my congratulations email was today. Almost 3 months later.
- Their messaging has been disjointed between stakeholders (dealers and end customers)
- There continues to be an abundance of confusion.
- There have been multiple course corrections without follow-up to the reservation holders.

I would also argue that static emails are a horrible way to communicate a dynamic process that Ford keeps refining\changing.

1601666874606.png

North7

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands

Granger Ford

Badlands
First Name
Albert
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

So that is to say, after all orders are in WBDO and ford does voodoo, you will come back and assign to build weeks?
Yes according to the timestamp that Ford has given us

If there are material restrictions we will let the customer know and if the customer removes the restricted item keeps their place otherwise the next person in line gets the spot...

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Clubs

Yes according to the timestamp that Ford has given us

If there are material restrictions we will let the customer know and if the customer removes the restricted item keeps their place otherwise the next person in line gets the spot...
Im not trying to argue with this. But you’re saying that dealers will call a customer every time they have a restricted part? And then wait for their reply before you move on to the next customer, just to do this all over with each customer in line?
I guess this is possible but doesn’t seem very plausible to me.....

Granger Ford

Badlands
First Name
Albert
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

Hopefully there will be few if any on restriction and most of the people we have are on the forum and will already know of the restriction on the option or color...

Besides we have more than a day to fill the orders...

XCR440

Wildtrak
First Name
Nathan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Other thing that might help is we don't know how scheduling will work yet. I'm betting it won't be the weekly process we use on other lines (at least for 2021) since its all retail orders, Ford could do monthly ordering with a 2-3 week dressing window. This month we had 2 weeks on Escapes, it was a lot nicer than the usual Monday order that had to be finalized by Wednesday night.

Only headache I can see with that is that it could be a domino effect if people choose to make changes to get Bronco faster. For example order one was skipped due to upfitter switches, so they drop them, and the next day it shows good, but now order 2 is skipped due to order one now using the last M/T tires available and so on.

Hopefully there won't be lots of issues, most vehicles aren't too bad right now, so I have hope that the mix will match demand on Bronco. I also think there will be a bigger gap between ordering and scheduling start that should give Ford a little time to adjust commodities slightly before production begins.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
It would be wonderful to know what trim/package would allow for an early build at the time of ordering. Such as, I am set on a Non-Sasquatch Badlands with a manual transmission but if I know for certain that combination requires a 6 month delay I would be more than happy with the 2.7L auto and a June delivery.
This will change week to week. This is why it’s important to have a variety of trim packages with a variety of options going down the line. That will help from running out of one specific part.

Advertisement

Advertisement