First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150, 1978 Bronco, 2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
i think we will all be surprised with the new Bronco, just hope it is a capable 4X4 and enough testing is done to make sure the engineering and quality is done right.
Sponsored

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I wouldn’t necessarily mind the 5.0, especially if it was the only way to get a manual. However, I wouldn’t be upset if they offered some sort of supercharged V8, and I’d be ecstatic if they offered a V8 WITH a manual

I’ve been saying it for years, and I’ll say it again... PEOPLE WHO WANT A MANUAL WILL PAY EXTRA FOR A MANUAL. Auto manufacturers need to stop this nonsense of “if we’re going to offer a manual, it’s ONLY going to be on the base model, and it’s going to be a standard option”. They’re throwing money out the window. Make the price with an auto the standard price and make the manual a $1500 upgrade, opposite of what is currently being done

There you go. I fixed your post!

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There you go. I fixed your post!
LOL, a 5.0 would definitely be cool, but certainly wouldn't fit my needs. I already have a coyote powered car, I have my fix of power. I need a daily with a bit better fuel efficiency haha

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good luck with that. From what I've seen, the Ecoboost engines are not really any more efficient than their larger-dispalacemnt naturally aspirated counter parts if you are actually using the available power. ... I have no problem if you simply prefer a small-displacement turbo charged engine, but outside of the EPA testing in the real world, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of the "Eco" to go with the boost.
The idea that these engines are more fuel economical for real human drivers is a farce. Performing better under continuous load is another long understood advantage of the larger displacement engine.

Little turbos are good for racing and passenger cars. I don't consider the purpose of the Bronco to be either of those things.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Today's manufacturers produce engines to address EPA testing. Set arbitrary standards, get unintended results. Gov makes the rules, it's no surprise that industry will respond by engineering to meet them even if it's to the detriment of other metrics.

Just like many other feel-good government regulations, well-intended but with some unexpected outcomes.

Sponsored

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn’t necessarily mind the 2.3, especially if it was the only way to get a manual. However, I wouldn’t be upset if they offered some sort of EB V6, and I’d be ecstatic if they offered a V6 WITH a manual

I’ve been saying it for years, and I’ll say it again... PEOPLE WHO WANT A MANUAL WILL PAY EXTRA FOR A MANUAL. Auto manufacturers need to stop this nonsense of “if we’re going to offer a manual, it’s ONLY going to be on the base model, and it’s going to be a standard option”. They’re throwing money out the window. Make the price with an auto the standard price and make the manual a $1500 upgrade, opposite of what is currently being done
Always wondered how I'd like my old Mustang if it were a stick

Always got a chance to find out with this

Rizi

Badlands
First Name
Rizi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus, Ecosport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just read about Ranger performance package level 2, probably Bronco 2.3EB will have same power and torque 315HP and 370 lb-ft
Sponsored