Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Again, love the rack. I assume drilling holes in your roof also says bye-bye to your warranty for it if issues arise? And we all know nothing will ever go wrong with these top notch MIC roofs 😉
Sponsored

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr BL SASQ, & 1975 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

6g2.png

When the team of ARB engineers were tasked with designing and developing the BASE Rack for the Ford Bronco, our wish list was to release a rack that was as low, quiet, and strong as practical while also retaining the functionality of the front hardtop panels.

6g4.png

Developing a low-profile roof rack doesn’t just ensure the vehicle will fit in parking garages – it also keeps the center of gravity lower, it's more aerodynamic, minimizes wind noise, and provides a sleek aesthetic. Our team developed short blade mounting rails that allow the BASE Rack to add only 3 1/8” from the top of the roof to the top of the rack.

6g5.png

Noise reduction was next up on our wish list. Accompanied by the low-profile rack is a 2mm aluminum wind deflector that is form-pressed to follow the specific contours on the Bronco hardtop. This minimizes both wind noise and vehicle drag.

MicrosoftTeams-image (23).jpg

When developing parts for off-road use, strength and durability are always a priority. For this reason, we chose the factory roll bar system and body as the main support system. This has allowed us to obtain a 285lb dynamic load rating. To achieve this, drilling the hardtop is required but stress free due to our waterproof gaskets and roof support brackets. BASE Rack is also manufactured from extruded aluminum beams with single seamless box piece aluminum and internal bracing putting the load rating for each beam at 50lbs.

4-door Ford Bronco BASE Racks are offered in 51”W X 61”L. This size provides maximum storage while retaining front panel functionality.

An option for the 2-door Ford Bronco is being reviewed. Let us know if you’d like us to develop a BASE Rack for them!

6g6.png

Dovetail Mounting System

T-slot channels have become a popular addition to roof racks, creating simplified installation of many roof rack attachments along the internal beams. But when it’s time to remove the accessory, you must slide the attachment across the entire rail which has the tendency to get hung up on dirt, pebbles, and other debris.

The BASE Rack takes accessories and cargo loading to an entirely new level of simplicity, speed, and personalization by incorporating a dovetail excursion around the full perimeter as well as along each of the internal beams. This creates more possibilities for mounting locations while also lowering the mounting point to complement the overall low-profile design of the rack.

6g1.png

Your Rack, Your Way

One of the core features of the BASE Rack is its overall flexibility and the ease of which it adapts to suit your needs.

The customizability is unmatched with over 50 different accessories and four different rail systems. The BASE Rack modular rail system is available in full rail, three-quarter rail, quarter rail, and trade rail configurations. All rail systems are also available separately.

The accessory range consists of but is not limited to fuel tank holders, awning brackets, spare tire straps, t-slot adapters, and lighting kits. It’s also compatible with aftermarket accessories such as t-slot attachments, mechanical jacks, recovery boards from TRED and Maxtrax, and Rotopax containers.

Full accessory list here - https://arbusa.com/roof-racks/arb-base-rack/roof-rack-accessories/

Worried about clearing your garage? No problem! The dovetail extrusion accompanied by the ARB Quick Release Accessory Brackets means you can have the rack bare in just a few minutes.

6g3.png

Key Details
-51” X 61” Modular Rack
-Adds 3 5/32” (80mm) to the roof
-260lb dynamic load rating
-Maximum load per beam is 55lbs
-Loads must be evenly distributed and adequately secured
-Hardtop and roll bar mounted (requires drilling through the hardtop)
-Retains front panel functionality
-2 Door option is under consideration (feedback needed)
-Compatible with the full-line of ARB BASE Rack accessories

Estimated Time of Arrival (TBD)
Estimated MSRP $1,500 (Includes mounting system and flat BASE Rack)

6g7.png
285 lbs of dynamic load!!!!!!
Ford rack with 150 dynamic load is like 3500 towing capacity….. (it’s a bad dream)

HELLO !! !!!THIS IS A DREAM COME TRUE!!!!
PLUS LESS NOISE AND WIND RESISTANCE!!!

sign me up…..
Wait😖. I own a 2DOOR!!!!

DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!!🤬😡🤬

please ARB !!! Make one for the 2DOOR!!!
Please!!!!

I also need your twin cylinder air pump….
I see thousands of dollars coming your way!!!!

BUT FIRST…. DESIGN AND BUILD A 2DOOR RACK!!!!
🤠🤠🤠

ps wouldn’t a rack on the Bronco below be “the bomb!!!!!

AB19066D-413A-417A-8A01-76462C8516E3.jpeg

800399A8-7696-4260-83E8-2DA7C94E2265.jpeg

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don’t know what’s more surprising…the fact that it was designed such that you are required to drill through the top….or that there are actually some people willing to do that

OP
OP
Ryan at ARB

Ryan at ARB

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
arbusa.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep LJ, Ford Ranger, Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Finally got a build date for 5 September! I'm not familiar with the dovetail mounting surface, and I'm wondering if it's compatible with many roof top tents.

Also, I'm a 2-door and if it works for RTTs then I would definitely be interested. Drilling doesn't scare me (I'm an aircraft mechanic) and the high dynamic load rating and low profile definitely get my attention.
We offer a universal roof top tent mounting bracket for the BASE Rack. It will work with most RTT's.

Sponsored

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i’d love one for the 2 door, but I’m not about to drill a dozen holes in the top. It would need to be bracket mounted somehow

OP
OP
Ryan at ARB

Ryan at ARB

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
arbusa.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep LJ, Ford Ranger, Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Ryan at ARB

Amen.

Not going to make 2dr sliders. Maybe make a 2dr rack.

Where is the ARB bronco mount for their own compressor?

I get that 2022 supply chains and labor pools be hard but what happened to ARB?
We are making 2 door sliders! Check out our "Ford Bronco Rock Sliders by ARB" thread for details and photos.

The compressor bracket is taking a little longer than usually because its developed in partnership with Ford. It will be available through Ford and ARB Dealers.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

peetuhr

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Classic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So... maybe I'm nuts but if there was a way for me to drill holes in my soft top and seal around it to install this thing.... I'd honestly do it. Pair that with some kind of quick release and something to reseal the holes when not in use, it'd be a dream come true.

Last edited:

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Ford Bronco ARB BASE Rack – First Look! 800399A8-7696-4260-83E8-2DA7C94E2265

When the team of ARB engineers were tasked with designing and developing the BASE Rack for the Ford Bronco, our wish list was to release a rack that was as low, quiet, and strong as practical while also retaining the functionality of the front hardtop panels.

Ford Bronco Ford Bronco ARB BASE Rack – First Look! 800399A8-7696-4260-83E8-2DA7C94E2265

Developing a low-profile roof rack doesn’t just ensure the vehicle will fit in parking garages – it also keeps the center of gravity lower, it's more aerodynamic, minimizes wind noise, and provides a sleek aesthetic. Our team developed short blade mounting rails that allow the BASE Rack to add only 3 1/8” from the top of the roof to the top of the rack.

Noise reduction was next up on our wish list. Accompanied by the low-profile rack is a 2mm aluminum wind deflector that is form-pressed to follow the specific contours on the Bronco hardtop. This minimizes both wind noise and vehicle drag.

When developing parts for off-road use, strength and durability are always a priority. For this reason, we chose the factory roll bar system and body as the main support system. This has allowed us to obtain a 285lb dynamic load rating. To achieve this, drilling the hardtop is required but stress free due to our waterproof gaskets and roof support brackets. BASE Rack is also manufactured from extruded aluminum beams with single seamless box piece aluminum and internal bracing putting the load rating for each beam at 50lbs.

4-door Ford Bronco BASE Racks are offered in 51”W X 61”L. This size provides maximum storage while retaining front panel functionality.

An option for the 2-door Ford Bronco is being reviewed. Let us know if you’d like us to develop a BASE Rack for them!

Dovetail Mounting System

T-slot channels have become a popular addition to roof racks, creating simplified installation of many roof rack attachments along the internal beams. But when it’s time to remove the accessory, you must slide the attachment across the entire rail which has the tendency to get hung up on dirt, pebbles, and other debris.

The BASE Rack takes accessories and cargo loading to an entirely new level of simplicity, speed, and personalization by incorporating a dovetail excursion around the full perimeter as well as along each of the internal beams. This creates more possibilities for mounting locations while also lowering the mounting point to complement the overall low-profile design of the rack.

Your Rack, Your Way

One of the core features of the BASE Rack is its overall flexibility and the ease of which it adapts to suit your needs.

The customizability is unmatched with over 50 different accessories and four different rail systems. The BASE Rack modular rail system is available in full rail, three-quarter rail, quarter rail, and trade rail configurations. All rail systems are also available separately.

The accessory range consists of but is not limited to fuel tank holders, awning brackets, spare tire straps, t-slot adapters, and lighting kits. It’s also compatible with aftermarket accessories such as t-slot attachments, mechanical jacks, recovery boards from TRED and Maxtrax, and Rotopax containers.

Full accessory list here - https://arbusa.com/roof-racks/arb-base-rack/roof-rack-accessories/

Worried about clearing your garage? No problem! The dovetail extrusion accompanied by the ARB Quick Release Accessory Brackets means you can have the rack bare in just a few minutes.

Key Details
-51” X 61” Modular Rack
-Adds 3 5/32” (80mm) to the roof
-285lb dynamic load rating
-Maximum load per beam is 55lbs
-Loads must be evenly distributed and adequately secured
-Hardtop and roll bar mounted (requires drilling through the hardtop)
-Retains front panel functionality
-2 Door option is under consideration (feedback needed)
-Compatible with the full-line of ARB BASE Rack accessories

Estimated Time of Arrival (TBD)
Estimated MSRP $1,500 (Includes mounting system and flat BASE Rack)

Like it a lot!!! Low profile looks like I can still fit in the garage, but may be tight....

Looking forward to the 2 door version.

Because Team 2 Door = Badass!!! 🤩

Sponsored

FLOBBRONCO

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've been waiting for this rack but drilling is a definitely NO for me.

Very unpopular strategy.

davepriz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very interested in a 2-door version assuming it can hold an iKamper mini model

Cybindustries1904