Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ryan at ARB, has there been any progress on the 2-door version?

BroncoBenster

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This looks really awesome. The only thing that gives me pause is the need to drill holes in the hardtop. yikes! Can you expand on that and possibly show some pictures of where the holes are drilled?
This does look awesome.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went to ARB's website, typed in the Bronco and the filtering, and this rack didn't come up.

Is it not in production yet? Feb 2023?

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
12 holes total. When instructions are available I will update this post and attach them.

In order to achieve a function rack load rating, you have to go through the hardtop. We have used this same method of mounting on our rack for the Jeep JL which was developed a few years ago. Needless to say, we have had great success with this method!
Drilling holes in my top is a nonstarter. I was looking forward to using an ARB rack, but not now. I guess I'll be getting a Trailrax even though I think the ARB is a better rack.

Also the Trailrax system (and almost everyone else's) allows me to run wires up from the front rack mounting point that Ford provides. What good is it for me to be able to run wires inside your rack rails when there's no easy access from inside the Bronco?

Also I really don't care about the front panels. I don't think I'll ever remove mine.

ARB needs to go back to the drawing board. As things stand they want Bronco owners to make their problem (rack mounting) fit the ARB solution instead of the other way around. I think ARB took the easy way out and decided to leverage their Jeep design.

Why didn't ARB decide to use the mounting points that Ford designed into the hardtop?

Last edited:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why didn't ARB decide to use the mounting points that Ford designed into the hardtop?
It's because the MIC is the weak point. The whole point of this rack is to transfer the weight to the body. There are a few manufacturers out there that do this. Only other alternative is to have a bulky (And in my opinion ugly) exoskeleton running on the outside.

Aguanga

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It appears that this rack and mounting kit are now available according to ARB's website as well as several vendors. Has anyone purchased and installed one of these on a Bronco? I haven't been able to find any videos detailing the installation, or how it is supported inside the vehicle or connected to the cage inside. I'm also very curious about how they designed connections through the hardtop and how it is waterproofed.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It appears that this rack and mounting kit are now available according to ARB's website as well as several vendors. Has anyone purchased and installed one of these on a Bronco? I haven't been able to find any videos detailing the installation, or how it is supported inside the vehicle or connected to the cage inside. I'm also very curious about how they designed connections through the hardtop and how it is waterproofed.
We have them available for immediate shipping here: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/arb-base-rack-kit-w-mount-wind-deflector
Sponsored