Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As excited as I am for my Bronco to be built in December, I would feel almost a sense of relief if Ford announced another pause while they worked on MIC 2.5 or 3.0.
Don't panic, my mic 2.0 late september build makes no creaking or popping noises or leaks. Wind noise is it's only weak spot - just general wooshing, not air leak sounds. Its a bit louder than I expected, and some of it was the roof rack. Removed that this weekend and it got better.
Sponsored

GRENDIZER

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer Walking šŸš¶ā€ā™‚ļø. ā€˜23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Weight probably is the answer but I think it has more to do with MPG or suspension dynamics than GVWR. Tire weight will lower the center of gravity but the GVWR calculation is complicated and Esteban doesn't want to get into that so who knows? šŸ˜ It might also just be a contractual thing because there are General tires on the BD so maybe they were just trying to spread the love? Or the Goodyears were $1 cheaper than the BFG tires.

The instrument cluster is a cluster, that much is certain.
They should have put the all digital instrument cluster of the f-150 in the bronco

OP
OP
NeoS281

NeoS281

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't panic, my mic 2.0 late september build makes no creaking or popping noises or leaks. Wind noise is it's only weak spot - just general wooshing, not air leak sounds. Its a bit louder than I expected, and some of it was the roof rack. Removed that this weekend and it got better.
Same here. Haven't noticed any creaking/popping/leaking although it is a bit louder than my Wrangler was. Are you planning to reinstall the roof rack?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think some are expecting a removable top itself made of removable panels to be as quiet and refined as a fixed roof stamped as part of the body structure. Not going to happen. Its not that way on Jeeps and its not going to be that way on Bronco.
I was assured on Bronco6g last year that Ford was capable of building much higher quality products than Jeep, so the top would be much quieter, and have no leaks: wind or water.

Sponsored

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford needs to allow the BesTop fastbacks on 2 &4 doors from the factory - no other junk Ford tops to clutter garage. Aftermarket will come up with insulation for soft top for out of top-down season.
On my 4 door I dropped the MIC and will get the Bestop. Hoping to jump the line. Will wait a year and sell the factory soft top on buy /sell/trade to someone with a hardtop who wants dual tops.

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That Rapid Red color looks good on the review model, considering ordering that color.
Unfortunately, that red color is no longer an option. They switched it out for a green color for the MY22s.

ceezarin

Black Diamond
First Name
Franco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Toyota FJ Trail Teams
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wish they would switch the 2 door top to a soft top. You see them at the Bronco Off-Roadeo. The price of a true off road capable Bronco starts at $38,180 (base 2 door, sas), lets see Jeep, Toyota, Land Cruiser...meet that!
Land cruiser is a Toyota though

Sponsored

WClintM

Badlands
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's improper use of words. The tach isn't counting anything. It's simply displaying calculated RPM. It's the Hall Effect sensor that's doing the actual counting.
Semantics.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As excited as I am for my Bronco to be built in December, I would feel almost a sense of relief if Ford announced another pause while they worked on MIC 2.5 or 3.0.
Perhaps a TSB, recall, or class action suit down the road will correct the top issue. Iā€™m figuring on spending $2-3K on a proper aftermarket hard top at some point, but Iā€™ll squawk like a mofo while mine is still under warranty.
Sponsored