Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco being considered for Europe, says Ford boss
Ford CEO Jim Farley has hinted that the new Bronco SUV could be on its way to Europe

September 20, 2021

The Ford Bronco SUV could be coming to Europe, according to Ford CEO Jim Farley. Speaking exclusively to Auto Express at the Goodwood Revival, where he was racing his 1966 Ford GT40, Farley said with a smile on his face, “I’m just waiting for these guys [Ford of Europe] to make up their mind.”

Asked how well the Bronco would work in Europe, Farley said, “Absolutely, it works. I see all these Defenders around – absolutely. I think it would work fine.”

Although the Bronco is a strong possibility for Europe, Auto Express understands that it’s unlikely to be built in right-hand drive. That’s not to say Ford dealers in the UK wouldn’t be prepared to import left-hand drive models from Europe if customers wanted.

Farley has a large collection of Fords himself that includes a 1973 Bronco alongside a four-door version of the new model.

In the US the all-new Bronco has been a massive sales success with waiting lists for the two- or four-door models stretching well into 2022. Buyers in the US can choose from a 2.7-litre six-cylinder EcoBoost engine with 325bhp and 563Nm of torque or a 2.3-litre four-cylinder EcoBoost engine with 296bhp and 441Nm. It’s not known whether both powertrains will come to Europe, with the four-cylinder the most likely.

Although Ford has hinted at an all-electric full-size SUV which could be the Bronco, a high-performance Bronco Raptor version is expected to come much sooner with a high-performance 395bhp 3.0-litre V6 engine rumoured to be under the bonnet.

The Bronco starts at around $30,000 in the US including taxes, although most buyers will spend much more with myriad optional extras and option packs available. There’s no word on possible European prices yet, but we’d expect a European Bronco to start at well over €30,000 depending on which specifications are offered.

Equally, with demand for Broncos so strong in its home market, it would be unlikely that Bronco would come to Europe any time before 2023.
Maybe in 2025-2026....🇧🇻🇰🇭🇨🇷🇪🇨🇩🇪🇫🇮🇮🇸🇰🇼🇱🇮🇰🇵
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Farley has a large collection of Fords himself that includes a 1973 Bronco alongside a four-door version of the new model.
My biggest takeaway on this thread was he probably got a priority build... :cautious:

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not a chance in hell that it'll be successful in Europe.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Asked how well the Bronco would work in Europe, Farley said, “Absolutely, it works. I see all these Defenders around – absolutely. I think it would work fine.”

@ZackDanger
I know you've previously stated you couldn't understand how someone could cross shop the Bronco with the Defender. Seeing the head boss himself mention the Defender as competition shows me that they were coming for that market all along [in addition to wrangler audience]

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
EUROPE! STAY PUMPED!

Liberty

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not a chance in hell that it'll be successful in Europe.
Yeah, I was in Iceland several weeks and their rigs would put all you east coast hill climbers to shame. Bronco will be a dud there were off-road really matters, every day

Sponsored

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I bet they ship all of the dirt mountain broncos there and get around to making ours in 2023.

4everbored

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nada
Your Bronco Model
Base
Watch. They'll offer a diesel and the v6 with a manual transmission. Even in the 2 door

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bet they will eventually release there, but will wait until it goes with the rumoured hybrid engine. Gas over there is crazy $$. I should know as I bought two cars there using the now defunct "BMW European Delivery" program. Was a great time picking up your own car and using it for touring but I never bothered to convert Euros/Liter to US dollars since I knew it was painful. Also, when I was there (Germany, France Cech Republic, Hungary), I saw very few trucks but this was back in 2015.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can’t make it here so why not try other countries?

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco being considered for Europe, says Ford boss
Ford CEO Jim Farley has hinted that the new Bronco SUV could be on its way to Europe

September 20, 2021

The Ford Bronco SUV could be coming to Europe, according to Ford CEO Jim Farley. Speaking exclusively to Auto Express at the Goodwood Revival, where he was racing his 1966 Ford GT40, Farley said with a smile on his face, “I’m just waiting for these guys [Ford of Europe] to make up their mind.”

Although the Bronco is a strong possibility for Europe, Auto Express understands that it’s unlikely to be built in right-hand drive. That’s not to say Ford dealers in the UK wouldn’t be prepared to import left-hand drive models from Europe if customers wanted.

In the US the all-new Bronco has been a massive sales success with waiting lists for the two- or four-door models stretching well into 2022. Buyers in the US can choose from a 2.7-litre six-cylinder EcoBoost engine with 325bhp and 563Nm of torque or a 2.3-litre four-cylinder EcoBoost engine with 296bhp and 441Nm. It’s not known whether both powertrains will come to Europe, with the four-cylinder the most likely.

Although Ford has hinted at an all-electric full-size SUV which could be the Bronco, a high-performance Bronco Raptor version is expected to come much sooner with a high-performance 395bhp 3.0-litre V6 engine rumoured to be under the bonnet.

The Bronco starts at around $30,000 in the US including taxes, although most buyers will spend much more with myriad optional extras and option packs available. There’s no word on possible European prices yet, but we’d expect a European Bronco to start at well over €30,000 depending on which specifications are offered.

Equally, with demand for Broncos so strong in its home market, it would be unlikely that Bronco would come to Europe any time before 2023.
I mean, we've seen prototypes with fog tail lamps, and the service manual has a section for 'em, too, so...best worst-kept secret?
Sponsored