First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
haha I'm 6'2" so I'll fit diagonally, but with my fiance back there as well may be a little tight. thankfully she's only 5' so we'll give it a shot.
This is where the weight capacity for a rooftop tent would be lovely!!! ?
Sponsored

thehermdawg10

Base
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, 1985 Toyota Corolla GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks like even with the rear seats folded on the 2 door, the doors are a bit long to fit, which we already sort of knew, but this confirms it. Unless they fit sideways in the back I donā€™t think itā€™ll work.

OP
OP
SHLYGRR

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like even with the rear seats folded on the 2 door, the doors are a bit long to fit, which we already sort of knew, but this confirms it. Unless they fit sideways in the back I donā€™t think itā€™ll work.
Based on the cargo evaluation, it will work on the diagonal. You can probably also fit them with the rear seats up. However, youā€™d be laying the doors on their hinge edge which isnā€™t ideal for protection. Also youā€™ll be blocking your rear view haha but thereā€™s no point in looking behind you...when all the Jeepā€™s are in the dust :cool:

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As a math nerd, I decided to calculate the cargo area geometry of a 2021 2-Door Bronco with the rear seats folded down. I then compared that to overall door length and optimal storage orientation. This calculation is based on image reference geometry analyzed in Photoshop and known specs posted on the Ford website.

UPDATE: For a more accurate calculation, I changed the reference dimension from tire diameter to wheel base, per @Fly by Nite recommendation. Thanks!

2DOOR BRONCO CARGO ANALYSIS-2.jpg

There's a few things to note:
  1. In Photoshop, I measured the wheel base in pixels and set that scale to 100.4". The wheel base is the reference dimension for all other measurements.
  2. The overall length (with tailgate tire) does not match the Ford advertised length of 173.70". In fact, it's off by almost a foot. Perhaps the concept models are smaller than the final vehicle. Or, Photoshop messed something up in it's measurement (highly unlikely). I double checked all my work. I also made sure to account for perspective of the vehicle in the image when measuring the lengths.
  3. The back plane of the front seats is marked based on other images I've seen of the vehicle. The back seats and center console seem to end about half way through the separation beam between the first and second row.
  4. The plane of the tailgate is a judgement call. I couldn't find a thickness reference anywhere. I think it's pretty close.
  5. This model doesn't account for the inability to lay the second-row seats fully flat.
Let me know your thoughts or if anything should be adjusted!

UPDATE: See below for the 4-door reference calculations. It felt wrong leaving the big beauty out of the mix! Feedback appreciated!

4DOOR BRONCO CARGO ANALYSIS.jpg
Thanks!

Two big things people are trying to hash out-

1. Did you happen to take the dimension of depth of cargo in the 4 door? May take some guessing for the angle of the seat to determine the depth at the load floor.

2. What is the dimension of the rear legroom for 2 and 4 door? Ford I think inaccurately shows at 36.3ā€ for both. Legroom dimension is tricky. Maybe you could post the dimension from the back of the front seat to the face of the rear seat? It will really be more like a knee room dimension but at least we debunk Fords rear legroom claim by proving they arenā€™t identical

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks!

1. Did you happen to take the dimension of depth of cargo in the 4 door? May take some guessing for the angle of the seat to determine the depth at the load floor.

2. What is the dimension of the rear legroom for 2 and 4 door? Ford I think inaccurately shows at 36.3ā€ for both. Legroom dimension is tricky. Maybe you could post the dimension from the back of the front seat to the face of the rear seat? It will really be more like a knee room dimension but at least we debunk Fords rear legroom claim by proving they arenā€™t identical
Thanks!

Actually it may be more accurate to compare the dimension from the top of the steering wheel to face of rear seat for the 2 and 4 door. Given Ford also shows identical front legroom. Thatā€™s a better point of reference given the front seats may be pushed back in the 2 door photo compared to the 4 door photo

Sponsored

deznut

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great work!...could give the dimension for the "step in" height based on your "models"?...again great work...thanks!

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜12 Lexus GX, ā€˜75 Bronco Sport ā€œBuddyā€
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

OP
OP
SHLYGRR

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The four-door cargo space is 63ā€ based on my calculation in this thread. Thatā€™s spot on with what youā€™re claiming. This gives me more confidence in the models.
No, based on my measurement, itā€™s over 70ā€. 6 ft. Iā€™m guessing you could get another 6ā€ by scooting the front seat forward.

8DD7DE40-2E3D-4467-9C37-6EB013F8FD23.jpeg

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Really hope the rear legroom is the same in the 2 door and 4 door

Sponsored

Deleted member 10201

Great point. This would definitely explain some of the discrepancy with overall length of the vehicle. However, since the door storage calculation is all based on reference geometry, I can image this is still accurate for cargo space fit.
I would look for the aerial top down views if you can which will help with the scaling a bit. The perspective view will have a little less error to it.

Deleted member 10201

Found this on the build and price which should help

<td>Seating capacity</td>
<td>4</td>
<td>5</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Passenger volume (cu. ft.) Hardtop</td>
<td>99</td>
<td>103.7</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Passenger volume (cu. ft.) Soft Top</td>
<td>N/A</td>
<td>108.2</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Behind 1st row (Hardtop) (cu. ft.)</td>
<td>52.3</td>
<td>77.6</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Behind 2nd row (maximum) (cu. ft.)</td>
<td>23.6</td>
<td>35.6</td>

<td><b>Interior Dimensions (projected)</b></td>
<td><b>2-Door</b></td>
<td><b>4-Door</b></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><b>Head room (in.)</b></td>
<td></td>
<td></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>First row (Hard Top)</td>
<td>41</td>
<td>40.8</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>First row (Soft Top)</td>
<td>N/A</td>
<td>43.3</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Second row (Hard Top)</td>
<td>39.8</td>
<td>40.1</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Second row (Soft Top)</td>
<td>N/A</td>
<td>41.1</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><b>Leg room (in.)</b></td>
<td></td>
<td></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>First row</td>
<td>43.1</td>
<td>43.1</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Second row</td>
<td>36.3</td>
<td>36.3</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><b>Hip room (in.)</b></td>
<td></td>
<td></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>First row</td>
<td>56.3</td>
<td>55.9</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Second row</td>
<td>43.3</td>
<td>54.8</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><b>Shoulder room (in.)</b></td>
<td></td>
<td></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>First row</td>
<td>57.1</td>
<td>57.1</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Second row</td>
<td>51.8</td>
<td>56.5</td>

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am coming from a 5th Gen 4Runner and I could easily sleep in the back with the seats folded down. I am 5'8.
Does anyone think there is a chance I'd be able to sleep in the back (with the rear gate still closed) of a 2DR Bronco? Based on the measurements by the OP I think not. Remove passenger seat and stuff my head in there?

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am coming from a 5th Gen 4Runner and I could easily sleep in the back with the seats folded down. I am 5'8.
Does anyone think there is a chance I'd be able to sleep in the back (with the rear gate still closed) of a 2DR Bronco? Based on the measurements by the OP I think not. Remove passenger seat and stuff my head in there?
That'll be snug.

OP
OP
SHLYGRR

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depends what kind of sleeper you are! 68ā€-tall side sleeper with a slightly tucked knee position might be possible on the 64ā€ diagonal with only the rear seats folded.

If you somehow take the passenger seat out, that makes the sleeping length 90ā€+ based on front door and rear cargo dimensions from my original post. But that sleeping position is quite narrow and might feel coffin-esque. Could always climb onto the roof and throw a sleeping bag down! The stars would be magnificent haha.

Also, I just had the brilliant idea of setting up a hammock inside the Bronco with the roof off. Wonder if thatā€™s possible in the 4-door.
Sponsored