Badlands
Clubs

Okay, someone check my math here please:
100% - 21% = 79% DO NOT listen to County music
OR
Following the County math method:
100% - 21% = 50% of people listen to County music

:unsure:?‍♂
First, I live in the city and country is not my genre of choice, so definitely not "country math.".

Second,

Ford Bronco Ford Bronco Family Will Be Revealed Across Prime-Time Networks on July 13th, 8PM EST Screenshot_20200702-142142

While, that's not 50%, it brings me to my last point, which is that your statistic states that country is the "favorite" of 21%, while my statistic is that 50% "listen" to country. By the way, the article you quoted says country is the most popular genre of music in America.

Ford Bronco Ford Bronco Family Will Be Revealed Across Prime-Time Networks on July 13th, 8PM EST Screenshot_20200702-142017~2

The main thing, is Ford chose a great way to put the Bronco in front of several million people.
Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'd venture to guess that while the number of radio stations has skyrocketed, the number of people that actually listen to the radio has plummeted. I haven't listened to the radio in at least 8 years.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd venture to guess that while the number of radio stations has skyrocketed, the number of people that actually listen to the radio has plummeted. I haven't listened to the radio in at least 8 years.
I NEVER listen to the radio any more. Haven’t for the last 5-8 years.
maybe listen to a sports game but I usually stream that on my phone because the quality is 10x better.

Sub_Sonarman

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus SE, 2018 F-250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's so many commercials on the radio, plus all the DJs now have "shows" where you have to listen to everybody talk. I just wanna hear the music. Usually when I put the radio on I listen to Jack FM.

Last edited:

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can you offer some insight on the reservation process?

I believe I've read you go online...pay a refundable $100...and that gets you sequenced in the system. It seems there may be Some unit attribute data data provided - but customers can change optional stuff up to sometime in December. There may not be a full configurator online 7/13.

So, my question is: once you've completed the reservation, are ANY CHOICES you've made unchangeable? i.e. #doors, engine, color, etc. ???

Many thanks
On another forum, I inquired about just this with Mach E reservation holders. As far as I understand, a reservation just gets you a place in line, and gives Ford an idea of who wants what trims, but you aren't locked into whatever choices you made on your reservation - only when you actually order the vehicle (at a later date) are you locked in. So if you pick red on your reservation, and decide you want to change to blue, you can choose blue when it's time to finalize your order. In other words, nothing is set in stone for your vehicle until you actually place the order, even if you reserved something completely different - again as far as I understand/was told by Mach E reservation holders.

The only limitation, I believe, would be for any potential "First Edition" model - in that if they only make 1,000 (made up number) units of the First Edition model, and 1,000 people reserved them, I don't think you could change a non-First Edition reservation into a First Edition order, as all First Editions were all allocated already (it's unknown if they have an up-to-date system with dealers that could get you a First Edition if someone with that reservation cancels).

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
potential "First Edition" model
On THIS forum there's been recent reference to a "Heritage Edition"...many months ago I recall someone talk of a "66 Package". Got any guesses as to what's in store?

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Garth Brooks wasn't the 70's. His first hit was in like 1990. I only know that because that's when I graduated and it was A Thing lol
You're an Okie, but I think you're more from OKC than Tulsa, so you may or may not be familiar with any of this.

There is a rock station in Tulsa on FM 97.5 with the call sign KMOD. KMOD has always (as long as I've been aware of them, anyway) played a mix of classic and modern rock. Back in the day (the mid-late 1990s), they were promoting a Garth Brooks concert (even though they had never played one of his songs) because the management company that owned the station also owned quite a few country stations.

One of the DJs made a comment asking why they were giving away tickets to a country concert, and his on air partner responded with "Garth Brooks is just a 70s rock 'n' roller in a cowboy hat." That phrase has always stuck with me, and I can't think of Garth Brooks in any other way.

Also, if you've ever seen a Garth Brooks concert from the 90s or early 2000s, he was pretty wild. Very much a rock and roll attitude, despite singing about ridin' horses after his woman done left him and took the dog (because that's what all country music is about, right?).

Sub_Sonarman

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus SE, 2018 F-250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're an Okie, but I think you're more from OKC than Tulsa, so you may or may not be familiar with any of this.

There is a rock station in Tulsa on FM 97.5 with the call sign KMOD. KMOD has always (as long as I've been aware of them, anyway) played a mix of classic and modern rock. Back in the day (the mid-late 1990s), they were promoting a Garth Brooks concert (even though they had never played one of his songs) because the management company that owned the station also owned quite a few country stations.

One of the DJs made a comment asking why they were giving away tickets to a country concert, and his on air partner responded with "Garth Brooks is just a 70s rock 'n' roller in a cowboy hat." That phrase has always stuck with me, and I can't think of Garth Brooks in any other way.

Also, if you've ever seen a Garth Brooks concert from the 90s or early 2000s, he was pretty wild. Very much a rock and roll attitude, despite singing about ridin' horses after his woman done left him and took the dog (because that's what all country music is about, right?).
As a non country music fan, but a fan of modern and classic rock, I do like Garth. Went to a Judds/Garth concert in 1991 in San Diego and liked his music ever since. He's a little weird though if you listen to interviews. I think he's like a music nerd.

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can't stand modern "country". It's pop music imo. Give me the classics all day every day. George, Merle, Cash, etc. That's my fishing music.

I discovered a thing called "dark country" which is like a heavier rock/country hybrid and I've been jamming to that while driving. Check it out

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Well he was 8 in 1970 lol

I've been to a few of his shows when I lived in Sandy Eggo. He's great.

Country concerts in So Cal in the mid 90s were FIRE.

Sponsored

Goes

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Every time I start reading a thread about the Bronco, everybody acts like the dog in the movie UP....”Squirrel “. 9 pages of country music opinions and a little pizza thrown in. It’s hilarious. ??

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Every time I start reading a thread about the Bronco, everybody acts like the dog in the movie UP....”Squirrel “. 9 pages of country music opinions and a little pizza thrown in. It’s hilarious. ??
First forum huh?

Welcome to the internet! I'll be your ambassador. I'm a hot lonely woman in your area and I'd like to meet you for some pineapple pizza.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Talk as much crap as you want...only one artist I know has a song specifically about a Ford Bronco and he will be on ABC during that premiere.
Hey Allan Jackson had a song (Drive) about "a old Jeep, rusty floorboards, hot on my feet" but in the video it's an early Bronco...had to use "Jeep" to rhyme with "feet", he also sang of learning to drive in a Ford pick up...3 on the column and a dent in the door...reminds me of the '66 Bronco I learned to drive a standard in.

Last edited:

Top Mach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are many more Bronco references in country music than any other music genre. It’s a marketing no brainer to me.
Sponsored