First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit H1L1 170 PS 2.0 EcoBlue Automatic
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey Guys , i just would to know if you want or wish a Bronco Camper like the 1970 Bronco Camper or the 1979 Bronco Camper back. And if you think that's gonna happen. It would be so cool if Ford would make a cooperation again like the Pop up Campers on the photos thta loks likle they sit on a bed , but it would be also nice if they would make a UTE verion like on the last photo on the bottom. Have a nice day ✌

757f670b2f46d0b1d09fa55b53aab87d.jpg

1979 Bronco

1970-ford-bronco-with-four-wheel-camper-4x4-uncut-survivor-1.jpg

1970 Brocno

003.jpg

1970 Brocno

POST-021718-1-e1518817178820-630x420.jpg

1970 Brocno

1970-Bronco-Camper-2-e1506997035299-630x421.jpg

1970-Bronco-Camper-3-e1506997079244-630x421.jpg

Open

camper3.jpg

Closed

maxresdefault.jpg
Sponsored

HTX1811

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SXT 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I bet the hipsters would buy them up to be cool and retro.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I bet the hipsters would buy them up to be cool and retro.
I see camperized Mitsubishi Delicas alll the time around here, so I'm inclined to agree. Selling that ideal of living out in the wilderness to people who will actually drive them around the city.

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That seems like a very small camper, and a very top heavy way of moving it around.

It's an interesting alternative to the roof-top tents usually employed with 4Runners and Wranglers.

If I wanted a camper to go with the Bronco, I think I'd go for a bumper pull pop-up. Or more likely, the camper and Bronco would both be behind a HD truck.

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Kind of small to be practical. I guess it would be good for you and your significant other to go camping in.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure some aftermarket company will develop some camper aspects to it. I'd be very interested as I'd like to use my Bronco as what they now call "overlanding".
It all depends on how the roof comes off or opens up though. Id either put a rooftop tent on it or pull a trailer all depending on the roof configurations. A full blown camper Bronco is a bit of a bad paring because the wheelbase is a bit short but maybe with the four door model they could make a legit camper Bronco with.

Something like this is pretty damn awesome and would be the only reason Id get a four door Bronco.
jeepcamper-759x500.jpg

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That looks nice. Clean and functional, also. I can see why it would be appealing to lots of folks.

A Bronco could look really nice with a well-designed setup like that. But for me, it would detract too much from the operational capabilities of the truck - negatively impacting the areas in which it shines. With a trailer, you can drop it at camp and go exploring. Unless that shell has an easy detachment option with a portable stand, I don't see people leaving it at base camp.

I'm also wondering about weight, and where the spare tire goes. And I bet it costs more than half what the truck does. $60k Jeep and a $30k camper shell, you're getting into striking distance of Diesel 4x4 Sprinter prices.

We all want the Swiss Army knife of trucks - great at crawling, hauls a family of five and the dog in comfort with a seven ton trailer behind, drives on the road like a sports car, and gets 35mpg. But technology - whether OEM or aftermarket - isn't there yet. For now, it seems that any move towards one specialty results in a compromise in the others. If a camper system could be easily detached, I could see some use from it... but absent that, a trailer is by far a more practical choice for my needs.

Or I could just take the Excursion. :rockon:
Sponsored