Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I
Have you seen the latest rendering for the Scout. It is a jeep wagoneer..... It could be cool, but so far it does not look like it will be a modernized retro design.
I’ve always wanted a Scout and if VW does as well with the body style as Ford has done with the Bronco, I’ll be a buyer. If fuel prices stay even close where they are, a BEV Scout that gets the equivalent of 120mpg will sell.
Sponsored

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yes, but the difference is these rendering/teaser are official VW, not the dozen of brand fan versions surrounding the bronco over the past 26 years. The only Ford official concept was the 2004 concept, which the overall body form is very similar to the 6g. Don't get me wrong, it would be cool to see a new scout with many of the body lines of the past, but so far just not seeing it. I also don't think the current rendering are a miss straight up. They are a miss for purest, but right in line with the sequoia and wagoneer market.
This gives me hope...I think it will be along the Scout II and not the 800

Screenshot_20221020-143224_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20221020-143219_Facebook.jpg

braften

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco. goodbye accord, you served well
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What we aren't mentioning here is the decrease toyota 4runners are seeing. Sales are down 25% compared to last year for that model, and an overall loss of 15% of market share

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looking at you, Toyota (A real top and doors off next-gen FJ40!)
I would buy that. My 2011 FJ was a great vehicle, but not a fun vehicle. It was easy to let it go when it was time.

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully Ford started a trend. I'd love to see others make a comeback.

Everyone at Chevy who worked on the Blazer should be fired. That thing is so pathetic and a disgrace to the Blazer name. They should do a K5 style version next go around. There are some renderings online that look cool.

Would love to see the FJ40 and Nissan Xterra make a comeback!

Sponsored

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately Toyota does not have a need to increase their market share. They build super reliable vehicles and it shows in their resale value. Top off 4Runner in the future, no way. Resurgence of a 2 door Land Cruiser, even less chance.

Out of all of three, the Toyota is the only one you will still see running down the road in 20 years with over 300K miles on it.

My 93 80 with 303k miles.
Ford Bronco Ford Bronco now makes up more than 25% of segment market share 9E2E219E-15A6-4E11-9138-5C1BEC08FBA4

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
From a recent presentation held by Mark Grueber at the 2022 Woodward Dream Cruise:

"Our segment share, we look at the segment for Bronco 2 and 4 Door as medium traditional sport utility vehicles. That includes the Toyota 4Runner and, of course, the Jeep Wrangler. So even in a short period of time, our segment share is a little over 25 percent. But there’s a lot of momentum still building. So these vehicles are selling as fast as they’re heading to dealership lots. So literally, as fast as we can produce them, they’ve got customers waiting to own these vehicles. So our Q2 sales just versus Q1 are already up 32 percent. So a lot of great momentum in terms of Bronco Sales.” said Grueber.​
Ford is also keeping a close eye on visitors to its website configuring the Bronco, as they say it’s an indicator of “future demand.” Grueber also says that data suggests that Bronco customer interest is greater than either the Jeep Wrangler and/or Toyota 4Runner as well, with Ford Bronco search interest coming in 64 percent higher than the Jeep. The conquest rate of the Bronco is also favorable, with a whopping 71 percent of its current customer base coming from outside of having a Ford vehicle. That number is 65 percent for Bronco Sport. Meanwhile, 23 percent of total Bronco sales thus far have been to a millennial customer, while the Bronco Sport sees a 28 percent millennial mix. The “baby Bronco” has continued to see a growth spurt in sales, while the compact SUV segment is down 18 percent overall.​
And that's with not delivering units that are on order.

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Looking at you, Toyota (A real top and doors off next-gen FJ40!)
I had a 78' fj40, coolest vehical I ever owned, top/doors off, windshield down... As excited as I am about my soon to be delivered BR I would consider an updated FJ40 if it was true to the original....

Sponsored

Dingbat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars, bikes, canoes, sailboats…
Your Bronco Model
Base
Something Ford is good at. Marketing. Spin. Painting future rosy pictures that are detached from reality.

71% of the Bronco's current customer base comes from outside of having a previous Ford vehicle ...and yet Ford, this is the buying experience you have given them.

Please provide the metrics of those that have been part of that new Ford owner group that will consider buying another Ford. Report on the exit surveys you collect and the real voices of the owners rather than obscure hits to a horrible build and price tool.

This segment will only become more competitive. With more vehicle options comes more discerning buyers that will care about being lied too by a corporation and taken advantage of by your out of control dealer network.

But sure, stand up and scream "nailed it!" while you look admiringly at your cake.
This is right on the money.
Grew up driving Ford pickups and tractors.
My first car was a Pinto… That’s right… but since those days it’s been Toyotas, VWs, Nissans, and a Subaru for daily drivers.

Was really excited about buying this car and owning a Ford from brand new for the first time in my life. Even though my buying experience was far less painful than some of the stories I’ve seen here they still managed to take the wind out of my sails and I’ve lost faith in them as a company due to how they botched my order and had no interest in making it right.

Even though I am loving this Bronco, I can’t drive it, or even look at it without wondering when the other shoe is going to drop and something on it is going to s#!+ the bed. I now have zero confidence that Ford will stand behind their product.

Highly doubtful I will ever buy another Ford vehicle.

broncohopeful

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Something Ford is good at. Marketing. Spin. Painting future rosy pictures that are detached from reality.

71% of the Bronco's current customer base comes from outside of having a previous Ford vehicle ...and yet Ford, this is the buying experience you have given them.

Please provide the metrics of those that have been part of that new Ford owner group that will consider buying another Ford. Report on the exit surveys you collect and the real voices of the owners rather than obscure hits to a horrible build and price tool.

This segment will only become more competitive. With more vehicle options comes more discerning buyers that will care about being lied too by a corporation and taken advantage of by your out of control dealer network.

But sure, stand up and scream "nailed it!" while you look admiringly at your cake.
"nailed it!" is perfect for the full diaper that is this production roll out.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I would buy that. My 2011 FJ was a great vehicle, but not a fun vehicle. It was easy to let it go when it was time.
100% agree on the FJ. I have a 2014 FJ TTUE. It's a tank and it a great vehicle. I get compliments on it often. But it just doesn't excite me when I get in it/drive it.

It's been great to me, but I'm letting it go when I get my 392 and Bronco (hopefully both in the not too distant future). A true toyota enthusiast will give it a better home and appreciate it more. I'm glad I got to own one though. They are surely unique and reliable as all get out.

Ford Bronco Ford Bronco now makes up more than 25% of segment market share f

Last edited:

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Good find. The less Wranglers on the road the better.
"Fewer" Would be less market share, fewer Jeeps. On the side note why is the Bronco sport even considered in this segment. Only reason I think they named it a Bronco is for marketing reasons like this presentation.
Sponsored