Sponsored

Ford Bronco patent for removable roll cage!?

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You guys are reading way into this. Ford isn’t designing that thing to come out. A jk roll bar unbolts too...they don’t want you removing it. Also convertibles will no longer be exempt to rollover testing, that’s why the JL no longer uses the windshield as a structural element.
]
That doesn't explain the stub posts with seatbelts.
Sponsored

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Do you have a source on the convertible exemption? I was unable to find much *official* info on it.

jimbo92

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think its just not drawn to scale. Its showing how it would bolt do the floor and the side of the body. Pretty much exactly how a modern wrangler cage is. If being a "seat belt post" is truly what it is, it doesn't even make sense that a seat belt post would be tied into the floor and a roll bar would not be.it would have almost no structural integrity. Being as half the patents arent even being shown on a real vehicle I would go with not drawn to scale.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... If being a "seat belt post" is truly what it is, it doesn't even make sense that a seat belt post would be tied into the floor and a roll bar would not be....
Figures 4 and 5 show that they both have the same lower end, and could therefore both get the same foot to anchor them as in figure 7. You'll notice that 4&5 don't have a floor either, so depicting them with the piece that attaches through the floor probably didn't seem relevant.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man all these patents are getting me over hyped. It's all looking like a best case scenario but I really hope that we're not disappointed when the final product is released. The bar is starting to seem set too high. Though I think this diagram is a little misleading on how easy it looks like it will be to remove. None the less this would be really nice regardless.

Fords got me crossing my fingers so hard :fingerscrossed: I'm about to dislocate my index finger.

Say what you will about the 04 concept Bronco looks wise but they did have the right idea. I just hope they can come through at this point. These patents could all be pipe dreams. No pun intended.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
These patents could all be pipe dreams. No pun intended.
Like I said earlier, I honestly don’t see how ALL of these patents could be in the Bronco. But what it does show is where Ford has their head at, and it’s clearly “beat Jeep.”

Last edited: