Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

53rd race, not 53rd place. There were two vehicles in the class and Bronco R came in second which was entirely expected. Finishing was the win.
I am not trying to be rude, but that's not how racing works. Also they were 2 of 2 with a 4hr time difference. I am kind of disappointed with the results and wonder if they ran into issues

53rd is the series, they places 2nd of 2...

1606086635298.png

1606086733497.png
Sponsored

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am not trying to be rude, but that's not how racing works. Also they were 2 of 2 with a 4hr time difference. I am kind of disappointed with the results and wonder if they ran into issues
Had to swap a steering rack at the very least, not sure what other issues they had.

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

remember....they didn't finish last time. That would'a been Job#1....I doubt they pushed it
You're probably right but that doesn't track with me. Either play to win or don't play* you have the off season to stress test the improvements

*On this level, if you're an individual racing to race then enjoy it.

Had to swap a steering rack at the very least, not sure what other issues they had.
I'll have to go through the highlights later and see if accidental damage or a failure.

The stock obx makes me want to go v6, even with a shirt diet automatic

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a class where only 2 vehicles entered, so right off that tells you something. And while nothing but kudos to the Glickenhaus Boot team for another fine performance there's a world of difference between the two vehicles (starting with about 6 inches or more of additional suspension travel and a ~450 HP LT1). For me, knowing that this year a very stock-like Bronco equipped with a stock 2.7L EB and trans finished one of the toughest off road races on the continent (with way more driver changes than the Boot) is pretty inspiring.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You have to account for the number of UTV, ATV, Dirt bike, quads and other stuff that run. With that said way to go. Finished this year that was better than last year and next year factory rigs might start showing up...or at least in a few years.

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a class where only 2 vehicles entered, so right off that tells you something. And while nothing but kudos to the Glickenhaus Boot team for another fine performance there's a world of difference between the two vehicles (starting with about 6 inches or more of additional suspension travel and a ~450 HP LT1). For me, knowing that this year a very stock-like Bronco equipped with a stock 2.7L EB and trans finished one of the toughest off road races on the continent (with way more driver changes than the Boot) is pretty inspiring.
So they under built the R?

The stock 2.7 completing the race is actually impressive

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you everyone who corrected me. So it's 70th place instead of 53rd

tenor.gif
Behind race built trucks and buggies that can clear 40ft jumps and the driver won't spill his drink, utvs and dirt bikes that can cruise at 70 across rough terrain.... Yea. 70th, not bad, not bad at all lol

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So they under built the R?

The stock 2.7 completing the race is actually impressive
Right. They could have dropped in some uber crate motor and been more competitive (though that Boot is really, really good) but what would that tell us about the vehicle we are buying? It's a brutal race and knowing a stock motor and trans completed it is pretty cool.

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right. They could have dropped in some uber crate motor and been more competitive (though that Boot is really, really good) but what would that tell us about the vehicle we are buying? It's a brutal race and knowing a stock motor and trans completed it is pretty cool.
They entered a pre production OBX for that reason, the R should be about winning races.

Also they proved that it breaks enough to post a pretty poor time.

Edit: maybe they should show us what the 2.7 can do with some additional power.

Last edited:

guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They entered a pre production OBX for that reason, the R should be about winning races.

Also they proved that it breaks enough to post a pretty poor time.

Edit: maybe they should show us what the 2.7 can do with some additional power.
You sound like you don't follow this sport and are making generalizations about what "should" be based on your personal beliefs and expectations.

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

]
You sound like you don't follow this sport and are making generalizations about what "should" be based on your personal beliefs and expectations.
Why because I am not a fan boy that worships everything ford does?

So professional racing isn't about winning it's about showing up?

Last edited:

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs