Simmy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All American
Your Bronco Model
Base
Article link: https://www.thedrive.com/car-reviews/the-drive-awards-2022-best-suv-ford-bronco-raptor

The Drive’s Best SUV of 2022 Is the Ford Bronco Raptor

In a segment dominated by softer-riding unibody crossovers, The Drive’s pick for this year’s Best SUV is decidedly, unapologetically old school.

December 8, 2022

https://www.thedrive.com/car-reviews/the-drive-awards-2022-best-suv-ford-bronco-raptor

Winner: Ford Bronco Raptor, The Off-Road SUV

Ford Bronco Ford Bronco Raptor is The Drive’s Best SUV of 2022 Braptor-WINNER-INLINE

Is it really that surprising that The Drive's Best SUV of 2022 happens to be the one that sticks closest to what the SUV was in the beginning? Boxy, chunky-tired, built on a body-on-frame truck platform, and made primarily for the dunes and not malls, the Ford Bronco Raptor takes the crown as the best high-riding five-door we drove all year.

To create it, Ford stuck a 418-horsepower, twin-turbo V6 under the hood of the Bronco, lifted it with reinforced Fox suspension, and gave it ultra-wide Dakar-style fender flares and the word "FORD" in big grille letters. The result is exactly what you'd want if you'd like to survive a theoretical zombie apocalypse.

"The good news is that it also eats up sand whoops like you'd expect," wrote Trucks Editor Caleb Jacobs. "With a HANS device and a helmet, I put in a hard day of wheeling on some of the same terrain where they race King of the Hammers. During that time, I found that zooming along at 60 mph was even more comfortable than 40 mph on wide-open sections. That doesn't mean you should flog it no matter what, but I was quickly sold on how well the Bronco Raptor maintained its composure when the path was more than unsettling. Even when rapidly entering loose sand, the truck never dug in or felt like it'd get topsy-turvy.

"The limiting factor, unless you're a seriously seasoned and professional driver, is likely going to be you. That's the case with so many performance vehicles today, though it hadn't been true of the Bronco until this variant came to life—it's really that good."

Throw in an equally high ability to slowly crawl over rocks and an unapologetically rugged aura that it 100% backs up and the Ford Bronco Raptor is The Drive's Best SUV of 2022.
Sponsored

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

YA LEGGO

I love the drive btw

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The irony; the "best" suv is unobtanium.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The irony; the "best" suv is unobtanium.
I wouldn't say unobtainium. It is a long wait or a high markup, or some times both. I was lucky, was able to convert my original order July 14, 2020 to a Raptor, not GT as one person at dealer was ahead of me. I also got it at MSRP. I love it.

Ford Bronco Ford Bronco Raptor is The Drive’s Best SUV of 2022 IMG_2368

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice!
My dealer was able to hook me up with one at MSRP. I chose code orange.
Sponsored