Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That hinge looks like it's attached to a bar partially inset into the gate. I'm wondering if just the tire swings out leaving a traditional tail gate?
Ford Bronco Ford Bronco Short Film Announces “Built Wild” Outdoor Brand and “Off-Roadeo” Offroad Driving Schools 5F05581F-E6BC-4D3C-9299-34BA8863EE80

The Wrangle has heavy looking exterior hinges on the swing gate - holds the weight of the gate and the spare. (It’s covered in trim plastic.)
Sponsored

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was on I-81, two miles from the Canadian border, in the morning, barely any traffic. DIdn't even notice my speed and it wasn't that excessive. So, they don't target out of staters...I doubt it. Since I had plenty of NYers pass me by.

Fine, give me a ticket (although it was a sunny day, no inclement weather, etc). I am talking about your messed up system of pleading through a lawyer / pleading with a judge instead of just giving me a fine. The entire process is full of bureaucratic non-sense. It isn't like I am the first person to comment on YOUR messed up system.
You don't like having the ability to plead guilty or not guilty? That's... different. NY has a lot of things that are messed up. But I don't think that's one of them.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sorry, I was referring to this one.
bar.png
As much as I want it to be a sparetire hinge, and the gate to be a tailgate like the EB, based on the leak photos with swingate, this picture shows the heavy external swingate hinge. (If you look closely, the hinge pin is inside of the gate seam. Thus it would block a tailgate from opening.)

Last edited:

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

4657A906-CDF2-4CCF-A18C-2AF61CBAD5AA.jpeg

Has anybody figured out how the tail/swing gate works?
It certainly is quite interesting that the hinge doesn't extend onto the body panel like the Wrangler.

Im poor myself but im worried your putting a hundred dollar deposit on a 30,000 plus vehicle on a credit card?
I don't understand what you're getting at? Not as if they'll take a mail in check or cash?

This was the biggest thing that caught my attention from the video too... how cool would it be if Ford put the spare tire on some kind of hinge system that drops it clear of the bumper it integrate a tailgate without having it swing back and interfere with how close you can get to the tailgate? Now THAT would really be the kind of innovation that Ford seems to be targeting with this

This video really make my heart start racing. Ford is doing this reveal right. I was even more excited for the 2018 Mustang to debut knowing that I was likely going to buy one, but that reveal was so lackluster. This is actually getting me EXCITED

"tough as an F150 with the heart of a Mustang"... COUNT ME IN!
There was no '18 reveal - they just spit the pictures out in the middle of the night - it was very odd.

Just need a white top and white flares on AntiMatter blue
Am I the only one that doesn't see the need for white flares - they sound like a nightmare to keep clean.

Sponsored

Wolfsburg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F-150, 1968 Ford Mustang California Special, 1969 Ford Mustang coupe, 1963 Volkswagen Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I will say...that video would be so much better with a V8 sound track. And I've been in the Ecoboost is fine camp. Oh well. Looks sweet
Totally agreed. I don't hate the Ecoboost for its capability but man it sounds so terrible.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It certainly is quite interesting that the hinge doesn't extend onto the body panel like the Wrangler.
The photo could be deceiving and the design of the hinge could move the tire carrier far enough for a tail gate to open. That's my wish anyway.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Wrangle has heavy looking exterior hinges on the swing gate - holds the weight of the gate and the spare. (It’s covered in trim plastic.)
The "looking" is the important part there. From everything I've read they're going to warp pretty easily if you put anything bulkier than a factory all season on it.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Am I the only one that doesn't see the need for white flares - they sound like a nightmare to keep clean.
I enjoy cleaning my cars. Even after getting em muddy. Its my therapy. I have no kids, I fish, I hunt, I restore old cars, and I detail cars. That's my thing.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just showed this video to my wife on our 65" TV. It was glorious. I wonder if anyone started to have the shakes when he said "places where cell service and calendar reminders don't exist".
Thats my house lol. Its where broncos belong.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The "looking" is the important part there. From everything I've read they're going to warp pretty easily if you put anything bulkier than a factory all season on it.
I thought they were designing everything to accomodate 37s. Any bigger than that you are expected to make your own carrier.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You don't like having the ability to plead guilty or not guilty? That's... different. NY has a lot of things that are messed up. But I don't think that's one of them.
In ohio and hawaii you can do both, say whatever or hey wait a minute. Your choice. And in alot of states if the officer doesnt show to dispute it gets dropped.

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In ohio and hawaii you can do both, say whatever or hey wait a minute. Your choice. And in alot of states if the officer doesnt show to dispute it gets dropped.
Yeah here if you plead guilty they send you the fine and you pay. Plead not guilty you get your day in court. That seems normal and reasonable to me? Idk. Doesn't matter I suppose. I'm itching for more Bronco news

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can make it now. I had to make another account since the main Ford site has an issue if you have a parts.ford account; it's not smart enough to link them together.
No wonder I keep getting an error!!

Last edited: