Sponsored

Ford Bronco site color mistake between Area 51 and Carbonized Gray?

ared77

Outer Banks
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '74 Bronco, '22 Outer Banks on order!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mistake on Ford web site?

Go to Ford, Bronco, and the 360 degree colorizer that they have. Look at Area 51, it looks blue/gray. Then look at Carbonized Gray, it looks green to me. I think that might be a mistake. I would think "Area 51" would be the more green color of the two. What do you think?
Sponsored

jimmyt75

Badlands
First Name
jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Go to Ford, Bronco, and the 360 degree colorizer that they have. Look at Area 51, it looks blue/gray. Then look at Carbonized Gray, it looks green to me. I think that might be a mistake. I would think "Area 51" would be the more green color of the two. What do you think?
I was wondering that too, i wish there was more options for greens

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From what we've seen, the colors on the Ford 360 colorizer aren't very representative. Although Area 51 definitely looks to be a blue-gray.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The colorizer shows a different between the 2 door and four door. I'm going out on a limb here and going to say the colorizer for the 4 door is going to be the correct colors. Give it a try and let me know if you see a difference

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s just a computerized image and when you rotate the image with the shadows and sun reflection- I don’t think we will get a good review of the color combo

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

We've seen real life photos of Area 51 on a Bronco Sport. It's blue/gray

We've seen real life photos of Carbonized Gray on a Mach-E. It's definitely Gray

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you asked me to allow for difference in lighting for a car in the snow and the other not, I would say 2 and 4 door representation of each colors looks pretty close

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
From what we've seen, the colors on the Ford 360 colorizer aren't very representative. Although Area 51 definitely looks to be a blue-gray.
And the fact they use a different environment and lighting between the 2 door and 4 door (With some active reflections) I think the 2 door is picking up some extra colorizing from the sand. It does in some rotations give the grey a greenish hue and the Area 51 as well. In the snow on the 4 door since its only picking up whites from the snow, the colors look a little more muted but more true to tone. The picture I posted above is confirmed to be an Area 51 Sport so that is about as good a shot of the color as we're going to get until we have one live. The Carbonized Grey, like others have said, is on the mustang and is most definitely grey and not green. The same issue is with the main beauty shots Ford is using with the Orange and Cactus Grey Broncos. Can't mistake the orange except for some lighting schemes where it looks a little more yellow. The Cactus grey in real life is fairly pale with green\teal hues. On almost all of Ford's lighted and photoshopped pics, Cactus grey can go almost to a mid-teal blue and confused people who thought it was Area 51. Really would love to see all the colors on the cars on live photos so we can tell the true color we're getting.

OP
OP
ared77

ared77

Outer Banks
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '74 Bronco, '22 Outer Banks on order!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks VERY much for the replies! I know it's still a long way off but wife and I started out thinking we wanted "Area 51" because it was a blue/gray. Then we saw pics where it looked more green. Next we decided on Cactus gray, but today we were looking at the Ford colorizer and it just seemed like a mistake had been made.

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agreed I think Area 51 will wind up being a blue grey when we see real life photos. If so that will be my choice

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah as soon as I heard Area51 I was all in... but now all the pictures that are claiming A51 look like a ridiculous pastel blue.

Yet the color patch on the download PDF clearly is greenish which is what it should be.

Odd that of all the color choices, A51 seemed to be the only one that is a mystery.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
...... ridiculous pastel blue.

Yet the color patch on the download PDF clearly is greenish which is what it should be.

Wow, the difference in opinions on the Bronco colors and options is fascinating. It could be some sort of psychological case study.

I really don't envy the people that make these final decisions.

For example, I think that pastel blue should be one of the very first colors the Bronco is offered in!

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, the difference in opinions on the Bronco colors and options is fascinating. It could be some sort of psychological case study.

I really don't envy the people that make these final decisions.

For example, I think that pastel blue should be one of the very first colors the Bronco is offered in!
Same! I only want A51 if it has a lot of blue ?
Sponsored