Sponsored

Ford Bronco site color mistake between Area 51 and Carbonized Gray?

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same! I only want A51 if it has a lot of blue ?
Exactly, IF A51 is blue-er it will be a hard choice between that and Cactus Grey. I dont think I will be unhappy with either.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow, the difference in opinions on the Bronco colors and options is fascinating. It could be some sort of psychological case study.

I really don't envy the people that make these final decisions.

For example, I think that pastel blue should be one of the very first colors the Bronco is offered in!
I've seen so many people complain that all people seem to buy are the same basic colors, but a big percentage here seem to be doing just that with the most conservative (boring) colors available.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've seen so many people complain that all people seem to buy are the same basic colors, but a big percentage here seem to be doing just that with the most conservative (boring) colors available.
Yeah I won't know for sure what I really want until I can see them in person. But by then it may be too late! There are a few colors that I know I like, a few that I think I like and a couple that I know I don't want. I don't know how I'm going to decide when it comes to order If I haven't seen any yet. Hopefully the Ford build page will help!

Chamberlin

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah as soon as I heard Area51 I was all in... but now all the pictures that are claiming A51 look like a ridiculous pastel blue.

Yet the color patch on the download PDF clearly is greenish which is what it should be.
...And the fact that one of the early Car and Driver Bronco articles reported it as a 'teal' color, which had me excited... but I'm not interested in a Wedgewood type blue (especially after all of the TRD Cavalry Blue trucks and 4 runners already out there).

Bemcnamara

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F56S MINI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

Bemcnamara

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F56S MINI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, shit the pic didn’t upload.
Let’s try again. Hoping for this....
Ford Bronco Ford Bronco site color mistake between Area 51 and Carbonized Gray? 583731E4-00C9-4AF6-A899-B294F3DD1950
Make it A Badlands 4rd and now your talking. I really want a white roof.

Sponsored

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have to think that for them to call it "Area 51" its gonna look like what "aliens" supposedly look like, which is a bluish-greenish-gray. Right? Or are they just blue-gray? So no green or teal hue? Hell IDK, I thought I was onto something, but now Im second guessing myself.

It doesn't look like there's any green in that Bronco Sport, but in some of Ford's colorizers it looks like there's some green in it.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I want mine in a subdued green like the carbonized grey colorized shows which is not at all close to real color. Ford are you listening? hello Ford are you there? Hello?

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

IMHO most of the colours offered are pretty boring. So what do you choose? The boldest are the red which, i think, as far as bold colours go is pretty boring and cyber orange which I think is pretty ugly. The Cactus Grey is pretty conservative but actually cool. Not a colour you see often.

Maybe if Ford offered some brighter blues, greens, purple, etc folks may choose something that's not basic.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
IMHO most of the colours offered are pretty boring. So what do you choose? The boldest are the red which, i think, as far as bold colours go is pretty boring and cyber orange which I think is pretty ugly. The Cactus Grey is pretty conservative but actually cool. Not a colour you see often.

Maybe if Ford offered some brighter blues, greens, purple, etc folks may choose something that's not basic.
I always choose black. I think black can make just about any vehicle appear more stately than it is. The Cyber Orange and Race Red are pretty bold but not many saying they'd choose those.
Sponsored