Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I want to see the winch setup they're using. That's the highest clearance hidden winch I've seen on a Bronco. They must have routed the winch line up at a pretty good angle to the fairlead rather than having it run straight out from the drum.

StinkBug

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All 3 of the KOH Broncos were pre-production models that the drivers had well before they were released to the public. Those 3 are the same 3 that have been racing in Ultra4 and will be racing this week. There haven't been new KOH builds all 3 years, they are the same Broncos that have been racing continuously. Stands to reason that they got that grille simply because that's what they happened to have on hand at the time, and they simply haven't been changed since.

Fordmanfrombirth

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If there's any difference at all between grills, the OBX grill would be the one I'd say is more aerodynamically restrictive...but there would be a minimal difference in the end result regardless of which grill was used. Both of them were likely designed to flow more air than necessary to achieve proper cooling in all conditions, allowing the shutters to adjust airflow as necessary based on engine temp and speed. Meaning, it wouldn't even matter if you removed the grill entirely, you're not going to get more effective cooling because the shutters would end up restricting more of the airflow. If you wanted more airflow, removing the active shutters and associated bracketry would net far more measurable airflow than what you'd get between the two grills, and it appears that's what they did on the 4600 Broncos. Of course, they probably did that more to reduce the chances of the active shutters getting stuck in a closed position rather than gaining airflow, but that's my own thoughts on the matter. They certainly had the option of removing the grill and modifying or making an entirely new one if airflow was a weak point, but they didn't need to.

Chances are it was simply the only model that Ford had on hand to give to the teams, I wouldn't look any deeper than that and just take it at face value.
Sponsored