First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Jeep Renegade TH and a 97 Kawasaki Vulcan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got off the phone with the Anchorage Kendall Ford Sales Manager. He said that if I don't order now for the 2022 model year (since some items I want are late 21 availability) then I will have to go to the back of the line. He also said that he has over 200 reservations, but Ford is only going to fulfill the first 50 for this model year and he has no idea how many in 2022. So less than 25% of the reserved orders will be fulfilled per the sales manager. Has anyone else been told similar in other parts of the country? He also stated they will not see any non-ordered Broncos (for the sales floor) until maybe late 2023.

With this information, I may go back to ordering a Jeep. I am going to cancel my Bronco reservation today though.
Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have a lot of catching up to do. Your dealership sucks and is a liar also. As long as your order is placed by March 19th, your place in line will not move. However, your Bronco could get delayed if it involves the deadly six.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not Ford on this one. All reservation will be built. MY21 is the only logjam, because it is a shortened model year/so many preorders. They will catch up in MY22.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You took a break from this site recently huh? Yes, what your hearing from your dealer is correct about 2021 allocations. The other stuff is BS. Do some reading, plenty of info here.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford had a press release saying if you "want" a 2022 Bronco don't order now. Wait until the order window closes for 2021 Bronco's in March. You can still order now and it may still get pushed to 2020 dependong on reservation number

Sponsored

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Your dealership is lying!

it has been confirmed by Ford that you don’t need to convert your reservation to an order until the 22MY banks open, which is expected to happen around August.

Don’t cancel your reservation!

The 21MY is only going to be in production for like 6 months and will take some time for the assembly line to be fully operating at max capacity so that is why we won’t see too many of them.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DON’T CANCEL YOUR RESERVATION!

Transfer it to another dealer, if possible, because the date and time stamp of your reservation, along with commodities constraints and dealer allocations, will determine when your vehicle gets built.

If you cancel your reservation and then place another one with another dealer, you will go to the back of the line based on your new reservation date and time stamp.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't cancel. You can let your reservation sit for a 22my. If you do want a my21, you have until March 19th to order. Ordering last week or on March 19th makes no difference in allocation. It's the time stamp on your order that matters. The only thing that affects delivery date is is you have any limited or large availability options. Don't fret

swanjonson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser, 2015 VW Golf SEL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am wondering how much is games vs. Misinformation/misunderstanding being deceminated to those at the dealerships answer us.

My dealer told me that any reservation not converted by March 19 will "expire" and I should get it converted before they run out of spots.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AK0311

AK0311

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
DON’T CANCEL YOUR RESERVATION!

Transfer it to another dealer, if possible, because the date and time stamp of your reservation, along with commodities constraints and dealer allocations, will determine when your vehicle gets built.

If you cancel your reservation and then place another one with another dealer, you will go to the back of the line based on your new reservation date and time stamp.
I have one Ford dealer here, another with the exact same name and ownership 50 miles away and a different one a 9 hour drive away in Fairbanks. I already cancelled the order. I don't do well with bully tactics. I don't "need" a Bronco. I don't "need" anything of the sort. It was a want. And with Kendall being asses, I can walk away and wait.

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it is more ignorance than lying by the dealers. I have spoken with numerous dealers across North Texas and in most cases they are woefully ignorant about the whole process. Guess they don't do well with training by PowerPoint!!!!

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have one Ford dealer here, another with the exact same name and ownership 50 miles away and a different one a 9 hour drive away in Fairbanks. I already cancelled the order. I don't do well with bully tactics. I don't "need" a Bronco. I don't "need" anything of the sort. It was a want. And with Kendall being asses, I can walk away and wait.
Not a bad call. Stress off your shoulders. If years from now you want a Bronco then you'll be able to pick up a used one or a discounted one.

Ford will see a lot of cancellations like this. I have a car that works and is paid off so I'm in no hurry. Just gonna wait for my Bronco and if the dealer is being like this then I'll go to the mainland for my vehicle.

OP
OP
AK0311

AK0311

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not a bad call. Stress off your shoulders. If years from now you want a Bronco then you'll be able to pick up a used one or a discounted one.

Ford will see a lot of cancellations like this. I have a car that works and is paid off so I'm in no hurry. Just gonna wait for my Bronco and if the dealer is being like this then I'll go to the mainland for my vehicle.
I did make a point in the cancellation process to select "other" for the reason and spell out what made me go that direction. Maybe the next person will have a clearer explanation or a better experience.

OP
OP
AK0311

AK0311

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you all that responded. As some have pointed out, I have not been on here much recently. I will wait and see what happens when Bronco's start getting delivered. I may change my mind again and get back in line. Hope you all have a good year and good luck with your orders and getting a new Bronco.
Sponsored