First Name
- -Soupbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor.. Boss302..Edge Sport..Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
"Canopy is a new a breakthrough vehicle security technology created as a joint venture between Ford Motor Company and ADT. It helps protect vehicles by combining advanced artificial intelligence with self-installable security systems or the cameras on future Ford vehicles. Canopy is coming in 2023."

Sponsored

Gangstead

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's going to be like doorbell cams. Thieves DGAF and all you're left with is impotent rage and a video of someone taking your stuff that the police don't care about.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ah "breakthrough technology"

Tesla has had this system built into their vehicles for quite sometime now... though I believe its referred to as Sentry or something.

It fascinates me that the auto industry really seems to hate tesla and does not want to give them any credit for things.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's going to be like doorbell cams. Thieves DGAF and all you're left with is impotent rage and a video of someone taking your stuff that the police don't care about.
Eh - perhaps I get a video of the driver who damaged my car in a parking lot with a door or grocery cart. If the video captures their license plate I can take action and oh boy will I

Cartman3132

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Apple air tag, stick a couple in the car where it's not seen, one on the soft top and one on the frame. That's the tech thieves are using to figure out where the fancy cars are so they can steal it later, flip it on them.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford: Theft doesn't happen in Canada, we'll just skip that market.

Interesting concept though! Looks promising. I'd rather have a "sentry mode" though, like Tesla.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty stoked about this. Tired of door dings etc and people driving away without repercussions. Also if someone hits your car while going into a place you’ll at least know who did it. Just this week saw someone post about a thief trying to get in their Tesla.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The metaverse is real.....

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sounds terrible. Just another way to nickel and dime the customer with subscription fees.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Think this is actually great. Purchasing a BlackVue Taxi Cam (interior, front, back) with LTE will cost around $900 with storage and battery hook up. This is a top of the line system that is pretty solid and works.

If this system can come in somewhere in the $400-$500 range, or maybe less, it would be a winner.

Not only door dings (get good rock rails and that'll stop those), but any sort of vandalism can be mitigated.

Calling the cops is useless for vehicle vandalism and most will happen at your home in the driveway, but if you see the guy again and you're a red blooded American, think you can figure out how to handle it. ;)

Information is always more valuable than having none.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
tesla was the 1st to do the following:

- interact with a vehicle via an app
- over the air updates
- reservations to buy

everyone hates them BUT at the same time everyone tries to copy them

Tesla has had this system built into their vehicles for quite sometime now... though I believe its referred to as Sentry or something.

It fascinates me that the auto industry really seems to hate tesla and does not want to give them any credit for things.

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you expect Ford to say “we saw this tech on a Tesla and now you, too, can have it on a Ford”?

Had any manufacturer of any product ever done that?

Bronco Bax

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree 100%, if the bronco wasnt released id be driving a tesla right now

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Enough with the "breakthrough tech". Just because it's cloud-based doesn't mean it's awarded a breakthrough metal. It's called IoT and it's been around for about 2 decades. This is basically the same thing as my August deadbolt and my Nest thermostat. Those are basically 'developed country' table stakes at this point...

If this was integrating AI or Machine Learning, then that's a different path entirely...
Sponsored