Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you expect Ford to say “we saw this tech on a Tesla and now you, too, can have it on a Ford”?

Had any manufacturer of any product ever done that?
Yes, actually. Tesla has.

However, I don't expect that, I just don't enjoy companies trying to tout something as breakthrough or any other synonym you can name when the tech has existed for a while.
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford: Theft doesn't happen in Canada, we'll just skip that market.
Is it really true that if you catch a Canadian thief, they have to apologize, return your belongings, and pay you interest? 🧐

Asking for a... uhhh... wayward American friend, considering a life of crime north of the border. :unsure:;)

Gangstead

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Actually the police do care.
"Ackchyually".... sure they'll use your video to follow some leads ()

Dash cams are 100% worth it, but that's mostly defensive (ie proves that you were stopped when they ran into you). This is more like a doorbell cam, which is largely worthless. Doorbell cams as a crime fighting aid are vastly overblown. They just capture a video of someone walking off with your package. Rarely is it enough for the police to actually do anything about and if it is it's only in the aggregate, your stuff will never be recovered.

On the off chance they capture a license plate, around Texas anyways, it's a forged paper plate so no way to actually connect it to anybody. I think this would end up in the same boat.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I still haven't been able to determine why Ford has all their security triggers running through the door wiring harness. Tried installing a motion/proximity alarm to the hood trigger. Worked great with windows or top down...but take the doors off and all alarm triggers are inactive...With your doors off you can pop the hood, sit inside, do anything you like and no alarm triggered.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it really true that if you catch a Canadian thief, they have to apologize, return your belongings, and pay you interest? 🧐

Asking for a... uhhh... wayward American friend, considering a life of crime north of the border. :unsure:;)
Tell @Tricky Dick to ask his own questions :ROFLMAO:

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's going to be like doorbell cams. Thieves DGAF and all you're left with is impotent rage and a video of someone taking your stuff that the police don't care about.
Someone hit my car back in June (Thousands $ in damage). I watched them drive away from the sidewalk. I called the cops with the description and license plates number. Their response after waiting 3 hours for them to show up? ‘We typically don’t do police reports on hit and runs’. However they did at my insistence (for insurance purposes). Chase (bank) has it on video and 2 weeks later I happened upon the car. Took photos of their damage to match against mine. Also took one of the VIN as the plates were stolen according to my insurance company …. Still fighting with the owner’s insurance company. Why? Police won’t respond to my insurance company, and the bank won’t release the video without the police requesting it. TBH - I was shocked the other driver had insurance given the stolen plates. The VIN allowed us to ID the owner.

System is broken…. badly. MN has cut police budgets so much the police can only focus on essentially murders, violent robberies and carjackings all of which are through the roof… but, hey, defund them. You can’t make this shit up.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree with everyone else. So we get the see the face of the person who will never be charged with theft or vandalism of our property just like our home security cams all for $19.99/mo. Yippie!

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apple air tag, stick a couple in the car where it's not seen, one on the soft top and one on the frame. That's the tech thieves are using to figure out where the fancy cars are so they can steal it later, flip it on them.
funny you say that - I have an airtag hidden in each of my and my wife's cars.

CHALK911

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ram 2500, 74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Actually the police do care.
They may "care" on a personal level, but we all know absolutely NOTHING will come of it. IF the thief is caught they might get arrested then be back on the street before the ink is dry on the paperwork. Then DA's and Judges will either not even prosecute or just let them off with a slap on the wrist. So the cops don't bother because they know nothing will come of it, aka they don't care.
Facts suck sometimes , but that doesn't make them false.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Need Jame‘ alarm system. Only one that ensures justice. I’d pay $19.99/month for this. I might blow myself up in a car accident… worth it. :)

Last edited:

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Someone hit my car back in June (Thousands $ in damage). I watched them drive away from the sidewalk. I called the cops with the description and license plates number. Their response after waiting 3 hours for them to show up? ‘We typically don’t do police reports on hit and runs’. However they did at my insistence (for insurance purposes). Chase (bank) has it on video and 2 weeks later I happened upon the car. Took photos of their damage to match against mine. Also took one of the VIN as the plates were stolen according to my insurance company …. Still fighting with the owner’s insurance company. Why? Police won’t respond to my insurance company, and the bank won’t release the video without the police requesting it. TBH - I was shocked the other driver had insurance given the stolen plates. The VIN allowed us to ID the owner.

System is broken…. badly. MN has cut police budgets so much the police can only focus on essentially murders, violent robberies and carjackings all of which are through the roof… but, hey, defund them. You can’t make this shit up.
I am very sorry to hear this - Michigan is slowly devolving as well. If I ever have kids, I am going to be moving to whichever state has the highest police presence... which by then will likely be Montana or something hahah

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs