First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F-150 FX4 Supercab
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I mean car alarms are essentially useless, you hear them and you glance and assume someone accidentally set it off. I am mainly interested in a system that alerts me should someone enter the cab or back, especially if I have the top and doors off. if it hits a price point I can live with ill be interested. I owned a Tesla, and it was handy. occasionally folks would mess with door handles or look in window and I'd get an alert, not much I could do but go outside to my vehicle. Now if I can yell at them "I'm coming outside and HELL is coming with me!" that might serve as even more of a deterrent.
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean car alarms are essentially useless, you hear them and you glance and assume someone accidentally set it off. I am mainly interested in a system that alerts me should someone enter the cab or back, especially if I have the top and doors off. if it hits a price point I can live with ill be interested. I owned a Tesla, and it was handy. occasionally folks would mess with door handles or look in window and I'd get an alert, not much I could do but go outside to my vehicle. Now if I can yell at them "I'm coming outside and HELL is coming with me!" that might serve as even more of a deterrent.
With the exterior cameras on the vehicles now, you'd think a Tesla sentry-type system would be pretty simple. Even Rivian has something similar. Use the 360 degree cameras for more than just ensuring my wheels are within the parking lot lines at Starbucks...

Alternatively, they also have sensors for seatbelt detection. Would be cool if they could detect if someone had sat on your seat while the key isn't in the vehicle - like a proximity sensor. Whether it's a thief sitting or just leaning in and pressing on the seat could notify you.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Enough with the "breakthrough tech". Just because it's cloud-based doesn't mean it's awarded a breakthrough metal. It's called IoT and it's been around for about 2 decades. This is basically the same thing as my August deadbolt and my Nest thermostat. Those are basically 'developed country' table stakes at this point...

If this was integrating AI or Machine Learning, then that's a different path entirely...
Ford had tech back with the European Ka but someone cried fowl

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Late availability and a constraint. Good luck.

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford had tech back with the European Ka but someone cried fowl
Very different privacy laws in most EU countries. Much more strict than in the US

Sponsored

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

No one has mentioned ADT sucks. Why partner with them? May as well have Webasto make the alarm and security.
This sounds suspiciously like ADT paid to be the Marketing sponsor, sort of like paid promotions in sports. It's Ford's camera technology and ADT Monitoring Centers.
DETROIT, LONDON and BOCA RATON, Fla., Jan. 18, 2022 – Ford (NYSE: F) and ADT Inc. (NYSE: ADT) will invest in a new joint venture called Canopy that combines ADT’s professional security monitoring and Ford’s AI-driven video camera technology to help customers strengthen security of new and existing vehicles across automotive brands.
Ford and ADT to Form Joint Venture to Fortify Vehicle Security With Breakthrough Technology

Sponsored

TXPilot83

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manual 2021 2dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Some Broncos have intelligent access and all have keyless start. Be cautious of your surroundings….. don’t let someone clone your key fob:

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I still haven't been able to determine why Ford has all their security triggers running through the door wiring harness. Tried installing a motion/proximity alarm to the hood trigger. Worked great with windows or top down...but take the doors off and all alarm triggers are inactive...With your doors off you can pop the hood, sit inside, do anything you like and no alarm triggered.
Seems extremely counter intuitive as that is when I would most want an alarm. So if the doors are off on a manual Bronco someone can pop it into neutral, load it onto a truck and say goodbye?

Using this sentry system would be most appealing to me when it's parked in a lot without doors/roof. Also considering tube doors as just a slight deterrent.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sorry - but ADT doesn't exactly scream quality and high tech...it's one of the most commercially known names for residential security - so I get that - but it's no from me.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's going to be like doorbell cams. Thieves DGAF and all you're left with is impotent rage and a video of someone taking your stuff that the police don't care about.
AND you'll get to pay $50/ month for the service.
Sponsored