_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone hit my car back in June (Thousands $ in damage). I watched them drive away from the sidewalk. I called the cops with the description and license plates number. Their response after waiting 3 hours for them to show up? ā€˜We typically donā€™t do police reports on hit and runsā€™. However they did at my insistence (for insurance purposes). Chase (bank) has it on video and 2 weeks later I happened upon the car. Took photos of their damage to match against mine. Also took one of the VIN as the plates were stolen according to my insurance company ā€¦. Still fighting with the ownerā€™s insurance company. Why? Police wonā€™t respond to my insurance company, and the bank wonā€™t release the video without the police requesting it. TBH - I was shocked the other driver had insurance given the stolen plates. The VIN allowed us to ID the owner.

System is brokenā€¦. badly. MN has cut police budgets so much the police can only focus on essentially murders, violent robberies and carjackings all of which are through the roofā€¦ but, hey, defund them. You canā€™t make this shit up.
Please. "Defund the police?" That's a recent phenomenon. This has been an issue FOREVER. Refer to the "leads" clip someone already posted from The Big Lebowski. That movie came out in 1998.

In 2011, a vacant home I owned was broken into and copper pipes stolen while the water was still on. It was like that for at least two weeks before discovery. $95k in damage. The thieves left behind multiple full handprints on the walls, likely on pipe remnants they clearly bent by hand, and even a toolbox with some tools. The police closed the case after no investigation whatsoever, citing a lack of evidence to pursue. They didn't even take the tools or anything.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ah "breakthrough technology"

Tesla has had this system built into their vehicles for quite sometime now... though I believe its referred to as Sentry or something.

It fascinates me that the auto industry really seems to hate tesla and does not want to give them any credit for things.
Boy, you showed them.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ah "breakthrough technology"

Tesla has had this system built into their vehicles for quite sometime now... though I believe its referred to as Sentry or something.

It fascinates me that the auto industry really seems to hate tesla and does not want to give them any credit for things.
probably because Teslaā€™s first 360 degree cam was offered in oct 2016

while GMā€˜s unveiled their 360 degree camera recording system in June 2016, for the Cadillac.

https://pinacnews.com/index.php/2016/06/16/cadillac-unveils-first-360-car-camera-recording-system/

Just saying

btw is Tesla still making their crap cars in tents?

TXPilot83

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manual 2021 2dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Excited to see your new Bronco security devise.

As you know, I already ordered your pedal lockā€¦.

What do you think about the Ravelco setups?

Iā€™m 95% sure someone copied my key fob the second day I had my Broncoā€¦.. not going to get into the details here but everyone needs to be very aware of their surroundingsā€¦.

Sponsored

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Canopy is a new a breakthrough vehicle security technology created as a joint venture between Ford Motor Company and ADT. It helps protect vehicles by combining advanced artificial intelligence with self-installable security systems or the cameras on future Ford vehicles. Canopy is coming in 2023."

When we can electrify the vehicle to shock the intruder, that's when I'll be interested.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish it was ā€˜slowā€™. It was massive and acute starting on, oh, May 25th 2020 give or take 10-minutes. Itā€™s been basically The Purge (all crime is legal) since then with our two idiot mayors (St. Paul and Minneapolis) and moron governor.
Dude, you're just flat out bitching now.

We know, you hate the world, are angry, filled with angst, etc..... Ok.

Talk about what you're doing to be part of the solution; are you? If no, start now.

Get back to talking about the Bronco because you're in the wrong forum for this mess.

PaulBrownSr

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borrowing lol
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Iā€™m 95% sure someone copied my key fob the second day I had my Broncoā€¦.. not going to get into the details here but everyone needs to be very aware of their surroundingsā€¦.
How did this happen to you? The bronco will be my first vehicle with an automatic key fob and this phenomenon is new to me.

DFNMAN

Base
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2dr, 15' M3, 07' FJ, 03' M3, 79' 928
Your Bronco Model
Base
At least you will know what the POS looks like..... Useless.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not only door dings (get good rock rails and that'll stop those),
I never understand this comment. I have running boards on my truck and they have never stopped a car door ding. I highly doubt they would on the Bronco, either. Doors aren't big squares, they are tapered and shaped to easily get around the step to hit your vehicle.

I get the idea that this system is going to be communicating with other vehicles like an apple tag? Not sure about that.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

When we can electrify the vehicle to shock the intruder, that's when I'll be interested.
Where there's a will, there's a way...

(It's the amperage that kills you, not the voltage, don't try this at home, for entertainment purposes only, a professional electrician designed this one.)

Last edited:

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Where there's a will, there's a way...

(It's the amperage that kills you, not the voltage, don't try this at home, for entertainment purposes only, a professional electrician designed this one.)

Good on him - bravo šŸ‘
I've always thought people should have houses/cars that would actually prevent criminals from gaining entry - game changer.
Sponsored