Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Part # VM2DZ54500W00C
2 Door Ford Accessories Bronco 2Dr 2021 Soft Canvas Bimini Top ~ VM2DZ54500W00C (ford.com)

Current Price $ 288.15

It's a Bestop product and I can only assume that it is the same as shown on the 2022 B & P.
I installed it with the back shell on ( because you can ) , so there are not completed exterior pics. Because Bestop made provisions for MIC front panel clamp access, the bimini can be left in place.

So why install with the back shell in place ?

There is a Mid Bow Bar located where the Front panels and back shell meet. If I can secure the bimini back to this point, then, when needed, I have a simple coverup option when I run with the Front panels off.

Bestop.JPG

Open front.JPG

Back.JPG

Front Clip.JPG

Front panels.JPG
Thanks for the post and write up. Do you have a pic from afar so we can see how this actually looks after install?
Sponsored

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I rolled it back on the bimini Mid Bar and strapped it back ( not Bestop design ).
So besides a full bimini for the summer, this will let me run without the front panels while having the option to do a quick cover for sun or light rain.

Rolled.JPG

Rolled-2.JPG
I just installed my Mesh Bimini this evening. Did you find the front 2 clamps hard to clamp? I mean, like you really had to pull them to get them to clamp in?

OP
OP
Boxer4

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just installed my Mesh Bimini this evening. Did you find the front 2 clamps hard to clamp? I mean, like you really had to pull them to get them to clamp in?
I assume the mesh bimini has zipper sections too. I found it easier to get the bimini clamps in ( that go into the MIC latches holders ) by unzipping the front section. Then it easily zips back up.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I assume the mesh bimini has zipper sections too. I found it easier to get the bimini clamps in ( that go into the MIC latches holders ) by unzipping the front section. Then it easily zips back up.
Yes it has zipper sections. I'll give that a try this morning. thanks.

OP
OP
Boxer4

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think the directions say low outside temp can make it harder.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Boxer4

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the post and write up. Do you have a pic from afar so we can see how this actually looks after install?
No- as I have no plans to remove the back shell for awhile.
From what I see, it looks exactly like the setup for the Mesh top for connections points , straps, Midbar install and roll bar overlay.
Bronco 2Dr 2021 Soft Mesh Bimini Top ~ VM2DZ54500W00A (ford.com)

Mesh Bimini Sunshade– ’21-22 Bronco - Bestop | Leading Supplier of Jeep Tops & Accessories

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SuperCrew 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I had a jeep as my first car. I ran with the bikini and doors mostly during the summer. When I installed the bikini there was a rail I had to install above the windshield and the hard top fit over that rail so it was never removed. The rail basically slid the front of the top in across the front, and was strapped along the sides and back, this allowed for water to not come from the windshield into the front seats. I was hoping this would be a similar install but from your pics so far this doesn’t seem to be the case. I might have to rethink this purchase.

OP
OP
Boxer4

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
What size Torx Plus is required? Wonder if it's the same size throughout the vehicle....
You need for a 2 Door :
TP50 (Plus) to install the Midbar bracket
TP30 (Plus) for the lower speaker bolt ( a back strap is installed at this point )
T30 standard for the upper speaker bolts ( at least on my Bronco )

The directions call for a T40, but no use for it.

I have a roof rack and all three of these where in my tool kit. Ford provided a T30 bit and a TP30 allen wrench.

KingWillard

Black Diamond
First Name
Willard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
1637033223098.jpeg

So there is a gap on the front? I was hoping it would fit in the front slot…..

Hopefully the aftermarket creates some better designs.
Yeah, is this really what the final installation looks like?

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Perfect-Beast-2

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100 / 1980 F150 Stepside / 2019 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Part # VM2DZ54500W00C
2 Door Ford Accessories Bronco 2Dr 2021 Soft Canvas Bimini Top ~ VM2DZ54500W00C (ford.com)

Current Price $ 288.15

It's a Bestop product and I can only assume that it is the same as shown on the 2022 B & P.
I installed it with the back shell on ( because you can ) , so there are not completed exterior pics. Because Bestop made provisions for MIC front panel clamp access, the bimini can be left in place.

So why install with the back shell in place ?

There is a Mid Bow Bar located where the Front panels and back shell meet. If I can secure the bimini back to this point, then, when needed, I have a simple coverup option when I run with the Front panels off.

Bestop.JPG

Open front.JPG

Back.JPG

Front Clip.JPG

Front panels.JPG
I bought this. Too cold to bother with right now. Maybe you could do a video of the install.

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think the directions say low outside temp can make it harder.
Might be obvious but loosening the straps on the rear that hang down, helps to latch those two clamps, then tighten the straps back up. Actually, I think your approach would get rid of some of the droop of the mesh between zippers. I’ll try that out.

OP
OP
Boxer4

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Might be obvious but loosening the straps on the rear that hang down, helps to latch those two clamps, then tighten the straps back up. Actually, I think your approach would get rid of some of the droop of the mesh between zippers. I’ll try that out.
The Midbar separates the strap tension. Seems to me that’s what makes it hard to clip the front section.

NYCBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subway
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You need for a 2 Door :
TP50 (Plus) to install the Midbar bracket
TP30 (Plus) for the lower speaker bolt ( a back strap is installed at this point )
T30 standard for the upper speaker bolts ( at least on my Bronco )

The directions call for a T40, but no use for it.

I have a roof rack and all three of these where in my tool kit. Ford provided a T30 bit and a TP30 allen wrench.
@Boxer4 how’s the noise with the front panels off and the roof rack? I found the roof rack creates a ton of cabin noise even with the top on.

OP
OP
Boxer4

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Boxer4 how’s the noise with the front panels off and the roof rack? I found the roof rack creates a ton of cabin noise even with the top on.
Not bad- no buffeting noise even with the windows up.
Sponsored